Sign in to follow this  
redliner47

High res water

I was thinking about it and with all these new realism addons such as OFPEC Blood and Kegetys High res sky, why not have high res water? and while we are at it we can add some whitecaps and some nice storm surges. I mean honestly, where in the world can you find water that is still and calm all the time? It would be great for SAR missions with the CoC Open Swimming system. a cessna pilot has crashed in stormy weather and an HH-60 Jayhawk is dispatched, the diver jumps out into the water and has to swim through huge waves to get to the downed pilot. they then have to bring him back and a winch brings them back up. That brings another thing into play. how bout an HH-60 jayhawk with a working winch? well thats just my 2 cents

wouldnt that be really difficult to do?

I'd love waves and stuff though, just little ones along the shorelin.

Even if water would have better textures and those nasty edges on shoreline shaped a bit more round it would make it look much better.

Anybody know what Kegetys is working on right now?

wink_o.gif

I remeber when Flashpoint wasnt out yet but a trailer for it was and it showed the water washing on the sore line.I wonder why they did add that back in.

Was it actually like real waves? If so, does anyone have a link?

I haven't checked, but maybe one of these:

Flashpoint

Downloads/Trailers section

OK Kegetys - the gig is up- how do you do the random avatar?

I made em' with photoshop tounge_o.gif

Will there be a new high res water? And, anyway, can it be a transparent one? Is there textures under water?

CU.

Just look at THIS PAGE  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

water_bugs.jpg

It actually looks like Novalogics Commanche 4 Water  smile_o.gif

Here´s a Link to flashpoint.ru forums where this addon is discussed.

I found the News on the German Page games-force. I wonder why nobody has taken notice of this already, maybe because this is only produced and discussed in russian language forums.

I really wanna know how it´s going on with this mod, but i don´t understand russian a bit  crazy_o.gif , could anyone help ?

Well from what i read they won't be releasing this Water Addon or what ever it is until the end of August 2003 and they got fully reflective water so you can see Islands and Clouds reflecting but not Objects eg Cars,Tanks,Men,Planes