Sign in to follow this  
furia

The ultimate c-130 from hawk

<span id='ME'><center>Necromancer- drools</center></span>crazy_o.gif

It looks damn good... Im looking forward. smile_o.gif

Just a quick question for the addon maker?  What version of the C-130 are you making?  (not trying to be a smart a$$)  I fly on C-130E's.  Are you going to release this as a european version?  (ie...flown by a NATO country)  Or ar you going to release a "slick" version flown by USAF? This is one from my unit.  c130_723.jpg

Some questions about what's being made:

1. Are the cargo and refueling models separate C-130s or the same?

2. Will the paratrooper version have chutists standing facing backwards like they would when getting ready to jump?

Some questions about what's being made:

1. Are the cargo and refueling models separate C-130s or the same?

2. Will the paratrooper version have chutists standing facing backwards like they would when getting ready to jump?

The same plane does it all. Initially just one version.

The beta version we are testing does not incorporate any special annimation about paratroopers standing backwards.

Once the group bailout order is issues either by the C-130 pilot or by the jumpers team leader through action menu, there is an open ramp annimation followed by some text.

I am not sure about other cammo scheme at this time, probably that will not be a problem but I am not sure wich one or when HAWK will implement it. Now we are aiming to have a sound plane with realistic perfomance (adapted to OFP) and many cool features. Adding additional textures is not that complex when you already have a functional model.

The actual cammo scheme is from Portugal Airforce. Since this C-130 can be realistically be used on Vietnam maps, this cammo scheme is sounded.

Not all actual European Airforces have grey or dark schemes on their Hercky fleets.

However I think HAwk will probably add another darker cammo scheme.

About the C-130 version, well, if you know OFP engine you surely know most differences btw real versions cannot simply be incorporated to the game.

Different engines, or avionics are hardly represented on this game. The basic model used was a C-130 H, however it would be better if you consider it a "generic" C-130 since the add on does not exactly represent the tech characteristics of just H series but have a more wide goal.

Loving it big-time, i cant keep my eyes off those pics. The other C1030's are fair-decent but this looks awesome! But i sincerly hope you do a "generic" version, wich can be changed with "setobjecttexture" Maybe it's just me but i'd kill for a Swedish version of this smile_o.gif And many countries use this aricraft so i am sure many are longing to fly this baby under their countries markings biggrin_o.gif

a clever use if setobjectexture would see a generic woodland and grey camo for the herc, and then use setobjecttexture to add whatever ensignia you want on the tips of the wings, and the tail.

id really like to see the grey one.. as from where i live i see lots of grey and woodland camos...

if u want to no where i live its Lyneham RAF Camp... home of the C-130's

just a suggestion from a 130 guy.... the E/H models currently in use by the USAF do not have the second set of external tanks and don't perform the tanker role.  Only rescue HC-130 and special ops MC-130P's do the tanking role.  Are you going to have a "slick" model?  Or are you going to stick with the second set of external tanks and the tanker role? If you need some advise from a C-130 crew member, I would be glad to help. C-130 webpage  try this link

just a suggestion from a 130 guy.... the E/H models currently in use by the USAF do not have the second set of external tanks and don't perform the tanker role.  Only rescue HC-130 and special ops MC-130P's do the tanking role.

no, but some European airforces do, dont forget others do use it apart from the US...

Guest BratZ

OMG that is great! And you have done jumps from them at that! Very impressive and thanks for the taking the time for giving us the news and feedback.

Its already beyond me, but if you are needing beta testers or any help I can offer.

Congrats!, its awesome!

However, i hope u will not create this craft for the purpose of taking pictures with it but something immensely playable.

1. File size( textures + model) ingame: How much is too much before it lags?

2. Mass:- The actual C130 requires short runways, thats why its a popular aircraft. In ofp, short takeoff corresponds to mass and max speed of aircraft.

3. Speed:- As the C130 is basicallly used for air lifting & ground support, i hope u will not create it as a speed demon.

Generally, for para ops, the aircraft must slow down to est. 150mph and such speeds would be still possible for ground support role, affectionately known as the 'puffy the magic dragon' to viet vets. But then i guess as a pilot u know all this.

All the best smile_o.gif

as you may know, SWAF had a "virtual war" with Kyllikki about a month ago...a C130 was used during the war, we were going mad for a more realistic C130, one that wasnt a flying brick in effect, I did most of the bitching as i had to fly it (or rather try rock.gif). due to the limitations of the old one the C130 wasnt used much in the end and so mid way through the war, Furia made a request for a much more detailed and flyable C130 to be made, Hawk took up the challenge and has done an excelent job,

so rest assured, this isnt mere eyecandy... this thing flys and flys well smile_o.gif

I can make screenshot when my MH-60L BlackHawk with probe going to Hawk's C-130 to refuel biggrin_o.gif . In nice time of course. Screenshot/Screenshots will done for few mins. P.S. It's very difficult to set my birds nearest gasoline. Anyway i can use setAcctime to make this screenshot without refueling problems biggrin_o.gif

You have to the thingy on the on of the fuel line, the thing hwo catch the refueling probe biggrin_o.gif

is there a site where we can see the progress of this herc?coz i am sooooo desperate to get it!!!!!!!!! DONT MAKE ME START A RIOT!

This is an site where You have newest informations about Hawk's C-130 .

Hawk, glosno sie tu zrobilo biggrin_o.gif

P.S. strasznie trudno tankuje sie helikopterem sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Operation Flashpoint Board Rules

§7)Write in English

In the English part of the board write in English and in the Czech write in Czech. Try avoiding writing in any other language since the majority of the members most likely won't understand it.

Hehehe, no wlasnie Tysiek, nie pisz tutaj po polsku.  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

just a suggestion from a 130 guy.... the E/H models currently in use by the USAF do not have the second set of external tanks and don't perform the tanker role.  Only rescue HC-130 and special ops MC-130P's do the tanking role.

no, but some European airforces do, dont forget others do use it apart from the US...

does that no mean there isn't going to be a standard grey "trash-hauler" and there will be only one with the tanking capabilites?  and not to be a jerk...but I am aware that other nations fly the Herk.  As a matter of fact...my hats off to the Aussies for being one of the first to fly the new J models in a combat zone.  My squadron won't convert to the J until 05-06.

One other question for the maker- will your version have chaff/flares?