Sign in to follow this  
CanadianTerror

North korean army v2 by remo released

what is the mod site name?

i want to sort it in mod links smile_o.gif

what is the mod site name?

OFPD - Operation Flashpoint for Dummies biggrin_o.gif

Not bad, but some stuff are still very beta like the MH-60K's minigun sound is a normal 50 cal and only has 500 bullets and the rotors are like spinning even not started

its pretty Beta.

but good start smile_o.gif

There's a number of units that seem beta but overall, it's a very decent pack!

MY only "real" gripe is that there are no unit groupings. sad_o.gif

these look like good 3rd world and ex soviet items...CANT WAIT TO BLOW THEM UP!!!

good work to whom ever made these! smile_o.gif

It's nice when people release whole addon sets from the same country. I have a massive Japan vs. North Korea war going on and it's almost more fun to just sit back and watch.

biggrin_o.gif

I think there's a few bugs in this release... The BM-21 dosen't work, an undefined .bin line error, and the first release that is on ofp.info dosen't have the soldiers!

Whoops!

The BM-21 works fine for me pins my troops down for a fair disatance. and what happens when you try the BM-21?

Good work by the way remo

He didn't read the OFP for dummies website on their North Korean section.  On there it explains all the known bugs.  They really should have listed them in a "readme" file.

At any rate... the BM-21 does work.  On their site they say that you will get an error when you try to play the mission with the BM-21.  However when it takes you back to the map editor screen, simply hit "preview" again and it will work.  smile_o.gif

Other bugs include the gun sights on the Minigun on the MH-60.  You can't use them cuz the gun is in the way.  sad_o.gif

Also the missiles on the AA launchers do not disappear.  This is something that they actually should have been able to fix using the coding that Kegetys used on the RPG-7 (which is in this pack) and that the SwissMod team used for their Rapier missile launcher.  

Also on their island, while it has a runway, the AI can't take off from it.  they just go down it and then turn sideways and crash into trees, buildings, or hills.

Also some of the Korean speech gets an error when some of the addons trigger them.

Finally machine gun and cannon sounds are missing from the T-34 tanks (I think they're T-34).

Aside from that I think the rest of the bugs are listed on their website (which has an excellent North Korean page by the way).

Overall this addon is quite good and the BM-21 is absolutely terrifiying!!! Pray your APC doesn't disembark your men during a rocket attack!!! During attacks by the BM-21 you will understand why infantry soldiers use APC's. smile_o.gif

I'm also using this pack against the Japanese Defense Force pack and I agree that they are great adversaries!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Great pack, but it needs a lot more work. I especially loved the modded shilka. If i could say one thing that might improve this pack it would be to release separate packs, like "DKRP Air-pack" etc. Just keep on working on this i am sure it can only become better smile_o.gif

Rough around the edges but looking quite good. The campaign though only seems to be a handful of unrelated single missions. A shame but again enough to show the potential and pass a few hours.

I look forward to seeing more.

Hmm... noticed another bad bug... bullets, missiles, and shells go right through the MLRS... sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I think what Remo needs is someone to help him with configs, textures and just overall help as working on that many units and vehicles is a lot of work(whether they are just retexes or not)

The soldiers were originally made by one of the Hokkaido mod guys and are quite well done.

When the new Japanese mod version comes out(im guessing this week) that should make it even better(but I hope they have some anti air or even jets to match up)

Yes unfortunally the MRLS can't be destroyed, i think he needs some help on it, but play the mission N°6 and you'll see that being under ballistic fire is really scaring with thoses rockets sounds and explosions smile_o.gif

Yes unfortunally the MRLS can't be destroyed, i think he needs some help on it, but play the mission N°6 and you'll see that being under ballistic fire is really scaring with thoses rockets sounds and explosions  smile_o.gif

Yeah I've already discovered the thrill of being on the wrong end of the BM-21. sad_o.gif

It really is scary seeing those rockets screaming in and exploding all around your column of tanks, APC's and unarmored vehicles. I hope the new JDF mod version has some artillery in it to give that BM-21 some counter-battery fire. smile_o.gif Maybe someone can write a "counter-battery" script that simulates anti-artillery radar that can give coordinates of enemy artillery to friendly artillery based on the flight path of the artillery shells or rockets. smile_o.gif

Anyhoo... I can't wait for further updates of both this North Korean update and also the Japanese Defense Force mod. They're both great and they make even better adversaries!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi everybody here,

I'm sorry for all the bug on this pack and the "not finished" state it has. I though the BM-21 geometry was fixed because I did destroy it, anyway all has to be put on the table to be fixed I think.

I happy people seem to like the BM-21 because I like it too. I had big problems with the recoils at first and then the errors messages...also for the crew.

This the reason why I did't put all in one file, it's to be able the fixe here and there. I am going to make a Soviet version of BM-21 and at that time I hope it will be better

Remo

I think that it would be better if Remo got permission from Footmunch to use his Mig21 as it is a bit better quality than Vits Mig.

Also T34/85 would be more realistic than old T34

Is it posible to make the front wheels of BM-21 "Grad" to turn like normal or is it an engine limitation that prevents them from turning?

And then those missiles on SAM site and SA6-Gainfull should dissappear after firing. It destroys part of realism and as it is possible to make them dissappear I think you really should do that for next release.

I think that it would be better if Remo got permission from Footmunch to use his Mig21 as it is a bit better quality than Vits Mig.

Also T34/85 would be more realistic than old T34

Is it posible to make the front wheels of BM-21 "Grad" to turn like normal or is it an engine limitation that prevents them from turning?

And then those missiles on SAM site and SA6-Gainfull should dissappear after firing. It destroys part of realism and as it is possible to make them dissappear I think you really should do that for next release.

The BM-21 not turning its wheels is a engine limitation because it uses the tank class (actually it's a BMP according to the AI when they target it). However I think that's the only way to get a artillery system like the BM-21 on a tank class... but it would be nice if there was a way to make a "car" class use such a system. For example there is Quakergamer's TOW Humvee. While the TOW missile on the humvee is not guided, it acts like a rocket. But I'm not sure if any scripts could be used to use such a system like artillery. I think the trade-off that Remo has made using the tank class for the BM-21 is acceptable and that it works very nicely.

As for the SAM sites I agree. I hope that Remo looks at the SwissMod team's Rapier missile launcher at:

http://membres.lycos.fr/swissmod/swissmod.html

Their Rapier AA missile system has rockets that disappear as they are fired.

Also Kegetys's RPG-7 in his Russian weapons pack likewise has a disappearing rocket. So hopefully one of those addmakers can help with this problem or perhaps by de-Pbo'ing them, the scripts from those addons can be used on this mod's SAM missiles.

At any rate, so far I'm really enjoying this mod... oh...

One more BIG bug.

- The runways on both new islands do not work including the one that is a retextured Malden. The AI pilots in the Mig21's turn off the runways and fly off into the trees. sad_o.gif This is a VERY big bug as it keeps these maps from being used for many very cool mission ideas I had showing North Korean pilots scrambling to intercept attacking American warplanes and joint Japanese and American amphibious assault forces.

Anyhoo... I hope the landing coordinates and all that get fixed so that the AI can land. There are also a few bugs in some villages with buildings that are on top of each other or halfway in the ground. But other then that the new buildings and they way the cities are rearranged look great!

I really look forward to making missions on these new islands!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

So far biggest bug for me is that those missiles wont dissappear. Otherwise pack is one of the best and fitt perfectly for America&Japan vs NK missions.

I remember that some old FAV's had grenade launchers. Maybe BM-21 could have grenade launcher that would shoot very far.

Speaking of model replacing, theres also the idea of using Sigma's new T54/T55's when they come out(with permission of course).

Also, what about getting some new textures to replace some of the markings on the units? I think the current one looks to be off of a flag? This is just a nitpick, but it would make a big difference.

I am definitely in favor of the use of the T-55 pack, Inquistor's weapons, and any other major addons that people will have anyway.

Seriously, the only difference between VIT and Remo is that Remo isn't a thief and is a hell of a lot more ambitious. But the problem of NO BETA TESTING WHATSOEVER really brings this pack down. Right now, I'd give it a 4/10. Please work with other people! This has so much potential!