Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Ch-53e superstallion

Just wondering (as someone else mentioned earlier) can you make the 3rd person view further away from the chopper.

Haven't seen this mentioned in your lists of fixed stuff (unless you meant for it to be close).

Not being critical, just my preference for flying 3rd person view. smile_o.gif

Really nice work, and I eagerly await the update!

is there any mg on this chopper in real world? rock.gif

i would have thought there would be the fittings for a door gunner or something...mission dependant maybe?

im not fussed about a gunner to be honest, most of the time they dont shoot at anything anyway...and someone said in this thread the model had a 170 speed limit or something...cant be right as i had it to nearly 300 rock.gif

The E model has no doorgun in real life.

The speed is debateable. I'll look into it, because I'm not sure if it's mph or kmph I'm defining.

it's km/h

BIS were wise enough to use the metric system in the game ;)

Ok, now You can play Jennifer Lopez "Waiting for tonight" by the waiting for answer from the BIS wink_o.gif .

it's km/h

BIS were wise enough to use the metric system in the game ;)

Ok, now You can play Jennifer Lopez "Waiting for tonight" by the waiting for answer from the BIS  wink_o.gif .

No need to wait.

Search The FAQ for "measurements". biggrin_o.gif

Cheers Donnervogel.

Avon... are you ok? tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The E model has no doorgun in real life.

The speed is debateable. I'll look into it, because I'm not sure if it's mph or kmph I'm defining.

I beg to differ on this Scorpio. All models of the CH53 have door guns...the CH53D and E can carry three 50 cal MG, one mounted on the ramp (recon missions) two in the front (one in crew door and one in left hand crew window) Could you please tell me who is misinforming you so I can educate them...lol If you need proof I have plenty of pics from WTI in AZ that my brother took...I also have plenty of video from gunshoot flights.

The Marshal =TOB= (Dragon)

I beg to differ on this Scorpio. All models of the CH53 have door guns...the CH53D and E can carry three 50 cal MG, one mounted on the ramp (recon missions) two in the front (one in crew door and one in left hand crew window) Could you please tell me who is misinforming you so I can educate them...lol If you need proof I have plenty of pics from WTI in AZ that my brother took...I also have plenty of video from gunshoot flights.

ofp doesnt support more then 1 gun at a time

Avon... are you ok? tounge_o.gif

Yes, If you'll all notice, I quoted and was respoding to TYsiEK.

Are you all OK? rock.gif

mom i dont want to go to school i have BAS-itis

Then you should be able to fastrope into school.

Excuse ignored! tounge_o.gif

Here we go again...

I have never actually seen an exact E model with a .50 cal mounted on the doors or on the ramp for that matter. Sure, it's able to, but do they actually use it as a standard? Don't think so. I have plenty of recent photos and not one has a doorgun on. Either way I won't be making it just yet.

I'm Haveing a hard time Down Loading this thing, are there any Mirriors? sad_o.gif

Took the file down but there is a zip version at ofpbase.com

update will come soon

Why in the world would you want a door gunner when you can have one of these???   biggrin_o.gif   wink_o.gif   crazy_o.gif

ch53fight.jpg

Well, if theres people shooting at you from the ground a F-15C isn't going to do you much good. tounge_o.gif (the F-15E is the only a2g F-15).

Quote[/b] ]

Here we go again...

I have never actually seen an exact E model with a .50 cal mounted on the doors or on the ramp for that matter. Sure, it's able to, but do they actually use it as a standard? Don't think so. I have plenty of recent photos and not one has a doorgun on. Either way I won't be making it just yet.

Once again...Scorpio I was answering a question that you answered incorrectly. The question was do CH53E's have door guns...and you said no. I just corrected you with the true answer. Now to rebutal your remark that the 50 cal door gun isn't the standerd...Yes it is...I'm going to say this only once. If I say something about the CH53 helicopter you can bet your bottom dollar it's a fact. I've been working on these aircraft since 1998. Please give me the benefit of the doubt in the matter. This is nothing but an insult to my intelligence when a person who doesn't work on these aircraft and has never worked on these aircraft doubts my knowledge.

You know what, I'm not going to get all pissy about this I'm going to do what I should have in the first place. I want you to go to the Sykorski website (the company which makes the CH53) and I want you to TRY to find somthing that I said to be untrue. If you do I will be 100% suprised, because everything I've stated has come from their manuals, that I use to work and fly, on this outstanding aircraft. Do me the favor and proove me wrong.

The Marshel

(a.k.a. Sgt C.M. Bunnell USMC, MCAS Hawaii)

Dragon: Chill man. It sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge in regards to the CH-53. Why not try to share that knowledge in a less threatening manner? wink_o.gif

EDC: I forgot to mention, the previous picture was in the Air to Air configuration.

THIS is the Ground Attack config as seen on an earlier "D" version! biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

ch53d.gif

Nj scorpio, I havent tried it yet cuz my pc is down for a week now, but I am sure u did a prime job smile_o.gif

Ranger,

I've tried to give my help by offering pictures and knowledge but I get rebuttles like this:

http://www.evilmadman.com/scorpio/note.htm

I've offered to talk to him on MSN about this and he says he will...haven't yet..understandable..time differences. I've sent him images...even supplied some within my review. I have a wealth of images, videos, and sound files...he knows because I've told him. I've been helping Colonel Klink and BAS with their model of the CH53E, CH53D, MH53E, and CH53J by supplying blueprints, images and anything they ask for. I've been consulting with Colonel Klink about the same issues as with scorpio. Colonel Klink takes my advise and uses it. Scorpio acts as if I was lieing to him. I have no reason to lie. I'm just stating the truth about this Aircraft because I work on in. Having someone tell my I don't know what I'm talking about is nothing but an insult. I can play stump the chump all day long when it comes to the CH53D, CH53E, & MH53E any day of the week and win. I am one of the most knowledgable Marines in my squadron on this aircraft and I've been recognized for this fact and I don't need a civilian to tell me otherwise.

I serve my country to give people their freedom and to have someone, I protect, tell me I don't know my job or to tell me I don't know about my aircraft, its a smack in the face. I am a United States Marine. I've been through hell and back in my 5 years in the Corps and I'm proud of what I've done to keep you, scorpio and every great civilian in the United States free and safe. I have a lot of pride when it comes to the Marine Corps and my CH53 so I'm sure you can unerstand why it upsets me.

Scorpio there is no doubt in my mind you worked very hard on this addon and I've said it before. the only thing I've stated is that your CH53E is wrong. I've prooven it even though I was told I didn't know what I was talking about. I've provided pictures and blueprints to help my claim...my only consern is to make it as close to the real thing as possible...it means a lot to the US Marines who play OFP that it is as close to the real thing as possible. It's like building one version of an aircraft carrier and it's a different version with addons. I'll bet my paycheck a sailor with come out with some of the same comments I have.

All I've done is correct anything Scorpio has said that was wrong...each time I get the sense of attitude in the replies. If I seem rude in my replies I'm sorry, but thats the Marine Corps pride in me. Even though I sound harsh and abrasive I am still interested in helping Scorpio fix his addon and make the best he can make it.