Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Ch-53e superstallion

Wow, I don't know a thing about a chopper, and if it flys well and looks good, I don't really care about its realism. It seems like life would be alot simpler.

Ok.. thanks to Deadmeat, the handling is fixed now. smile_o.gif

'Twas a Geometry problem... the components were overlapping so I made a new geo lod.

Anyway... off to fix that gearup sound...

so does that mean the download is updated? or will it be reposted?

Ok.. thanks to Deadmeat, the handling is fixed now. smile_o.gif

'Twas a Geometry problem... the components were overlapping so I made a new geo lod.

Anyway... off to fix that gearup sound...

so does that mean the download is updated? or will it be reposted?

Nope. It'll be be uploaded when the rest of the bugs are fixed.

Quote[/b] ]I just think it have too small and stupid bugs to repair ;) so U know ;).

These bugs are being fixed... Thats the point in testing... People give reports - I fix.

Quote[/b] ]

And this is an simple chopper because it haven't some new simulation scripts, better animations and newest uses like in the actual add-ons (windows ? .... lol )

What do you mean it's a simple chopper? It's more sophisticated than many other choppers (Apart from the BAS choppers). And things like window animations are just for fun just to make it a bit more realistic. Other people do that in their addons - I wonder why you don't bitch about those?

Quote[/b] ]and jungle version in + 100 meters LOD have textures from other version ;)

That's fixed.

Quote[/b] ]Mass isn't exactly that like in the real helicopter

How would you know? The O2 Geometry Mass settings are indefinite I believe.. and also the handling has been fixed - You'll see in the next update.

Quote[/b] ]I think you haven't seen the real CH-53 SuperStallion so you shouldn't make this add-on.

....I have seen the real CH-53E SuperStallion. Who are you to tell me what I should and should not make? Other people have made stuff that they havn't seen in real life.. but they still do it.

Quote[/b] ]And one thing: "Fuck you very much" i don't like peoples like You. As U see, it has been small sugestion and you've sent me nice answer wink_o.gif

Yeah well that's what you get when you bitch about other people's addons with no constructive critisism included. You get a full bitching back.

Just because it has a few bugs, doesn't make a "very crap addon that was made in a few days".

MAKE YOUR OWN. mad_o.gif

MAKE YOUR OWN. mad_o.gif

In fact Tysiek did release a MH-60L

otherwise great job on the CH-53 ! hope the update will be uploaded soon smile_o.gif

I don't think its very simple, unlike other choppers when you a machine gun to kill the pilot it doesn't just crash and explode, it always spins in a circle when its starting to chrash when the pilots dead, then 75% of the time it survives the crashing impact.

Quote[/b] ]I just think it have too small and stupid bugs to repair ;) so U know ;).

These bugs are being fixed... Thats the point in testing... People give reports - I fix.

Quote[/b] ]

And this is an simple chopper because it haven't some new simulation scripts, better animations and newest uses like in the actual add-ons (windows ? .... lol )

What do you mean it's a simple chopper? It's more sophisticated than many other choppers (Apart from the BAS choppers). And things like window animations are just for fun just to make it a bit more realistic. Other people do that in their addons - I wonder why you don't bitch about those?

Quote[/b] ]and jungle version in + 100 meters LOD have textures from other version ;)

That's fixed.

Quote[/b] ]Mass isn't exactly that like in the real helicopter

How would you know? The O2 Geometry Mass settings are indefinite I believe.. and also the handling has been fixed - You'll see in the next update.

Quote[/b] ]I think you haven't seen the real CH-53 SuperStallion so you shouldn't make this add-on.

....I have seen the real CH-53E SuperStallion. Who are you to tell me what I should and should not make? Other people have made stuff that they havn't seen in real life.. but they still do it.

Quote[/b] ]And one thing: "Fuck you very much" i don't like peoples like You. As U see, it has been small sugestion and you've sent me nice answer  wink_o.gif

Yeah well that's what you get when you bitch about other people's addons with no constructive critisism included. You get a full bitching back.

Just because it has a few bugs, doesn't make a "very crap addon that was made in a few days".

MAKE YOUR OWN. mad_o.gif

Ok, can we live in peace now ?

P.S. I know something about add-on creating ;) ( I'm working at vtol machine for OFP2 ). I think some few peoples can tell You about it.

I like your Mh60 thingy but it didn't have cool effects as this one, but I still like it alot.

P.S. I know something about making add-ons ;). I think some few peoples can tell You about it.

No offence, but I couldn't care less...I don't think I need anybody to tell me how to do basic addonmaking.

Quote[/b] ]Ok, can we live in peace now ?

Sure.:p

Oh just realised something btw... If you experience no interior... up your LOD settings, otherwise it'll look ugly-ass.

I like your Mh60 thingy but it didn't have cool effects as this one, but I still like it alot.

It haven't cool effects because it's just decoration for BHD missions. But don't worry about good BlackHawks ;) . And stop talking about my MH-60L's in CH-53's topic because moderator will kick me.

just wanted to say good job Scorpio, really good job... only thing missing is up to date Marines, just waiting on Suchey and Earl for that, and im glad i did read the readme before asking this.. but i really really want that Vietnam Version, just wanted to ask what will be the changes other than textures.. and will the pilots be the pilots from the SEB Nam Pack 2, since thats the only nam pack most people with resistance use? and i dont think their h53's back then had all the defenses it has now.. this one will have to have wayy better handling to land on ia drang or meekong.

And this is for Tysiek, yeh whats the eta on those h-60's? ive got some BAS rangers over here that need a ride.

but i really really want that Vietnam Version, just wanted to ask what will be the changes other than textures.. and will the pilots be the pilots from the SEB Nam Pack 2, since thats the only nam pack most people with resistance use? and i dont think their h53's back then had all the defenses it has now.. this one will have to have wayy better handling to land

Cpt.Moore's got a vietnam paintjob in line... the model is already done... its just the CH-53E except a few adjustments to the body, tail, ect...refuel probe and fuel tanks taken off, ect.

I don't want to worry too much about that version at the moment, but it'll be worked on after the fixes on the E model are finished.

Oh just realised something btw... If you experience no interior... up your LOD settings, otherwise it'll look ugly-ass.

You mean like this?

interior.jpg

nointerior.jpg

Can you make the camera move back alittle bit, or can you teach me how to change the 3rd person view, so the helo looks a little bit smaller.

umm... the first pic is the correct one... the second I'm not sure about... if it's a view of the interior from the outside, then that's an ofp bug I believe that causes this texture problem.

If your OFP LOD settings arnt up to max, then you're screwed. wink_o.gif

You mean like this?

interior.jpg

nointerior.jpg

This is an simple problem. You should past the glasses after making inside view. And after all You can past the rotors because they have the same problem like this glasses.

umm... the first pic is the correct one... the second I'm not sure about... if it's a view of the interior from the outside, then that's an ofp bug I believe that causes this texture problem.

If your OFP LOD settings arnt up to max, then you're screwed. wink_o.gif

It would appear that the glass causes the missing floor texture problem.

This time I turned the LOD settings all the way up (IE down) to 0.005 (or whatever).

Rotor doesn't exactly help much on it...

rotorbug.jpg

Guest DKM-jaguar

Hey scorpio, nice work. I think it is great that you make the addon for yourself then release it to the public out of total kindness. That is really fantastic.

about seeing the real life versions of the addons people make:

Tysek [or what ever the hell you are called] You have not seen OFP2 in full, yet your making addons for it already...so how does your argument of "you have not seen the ch53, so you should not make addons for it" work? This works the other way round: I have used the british army's L98A1 rifle, the LSW, I work at landrover... BUT i couldn't tell you the first thing about making them into addons, I would like to make a SA80 that actually looks good, and i would like to make a Landrover defender 110, but even though i have not only seen them but used them, i cannot do it. So really an addon maker only needs to have relevant information to make an addon. And it isnt like the kind of people who have time to make addons would have time if they actually worked on these machines and weapons anyway.

I think that you are just ranting on, using the "i am an addon maker, i know about addons" as your story. Well, i think the only reason you are ranting is becuase you ARE an addon maker and your jealous.

i was ammused like hell about your statment that it looked like it was done in a couple of days. From your typing skills i'd say you learnt to type an hour ago. sad_o.gif

And to the realism argument, i dont really care. the game is not real, and you are taking it too seriously if you expect unofficially made addons to be exactly the same as the real thing. I mean, you can jump in real life, but you cant in ofp. so what? Sure, some addons are very realistic [DKM's RAH66, the BAS stuff...lots of others] but it is just a game and if you want to get really realistic then you'd need post traumatic stress thrown in every time you play it.

oh, one more thing. Dreaming about ofp is nature's way of telling you to not play it so much. biggrin_o.gif

i dont want to offend anyone, just giving another view to thiers, as you cannot make statments in life and not expect someone to challenge it. This is not a personal attack. smile_o.gif

--smilie smilie Jaguar--

I noticed when I was making a model that there is a problem with overlapping paa textures. When the rotorblur (wich is paa) is overlaping a paa texture the whole paa textured area behind the rotor blur disappears. I don't know if that happens always but I used pac textures for the hull and tried not to use any paa textures when it wasn't needed.

I don't know but if you use paa textures on the hull this might be part of the problem.

Hey scorpio, nice work. I think it is great that you make the addon for yourself then release it to the public out of total kindness. That is really fantastic.

about seeing the real life versions of the addons people make:

Tysek [or what ever the hell you are called] You have not seen OFP2 in full, yet your making addons for it already...so how does your argument of "you have not seen the ch53, so you should not make addons for it" work? This works the other way round: I have used the british army's L98A1 rifle, the LSW, I work at landrover... BUT i couldn't tell you the first thing about making them into addons, I would like to make a SA80 that actually looks good, and i would like to make a Landrover defender 110, but even though i have not only seen them but used them, i cannot do it. So really an addon maker only needs to have relevant information to make an addon. And it isnt like the kind of people who have time to make addons would have time if they actually worked on these machines and weapons anyway.

I think that you are just ranting on, using the "i am an addon maker, i know about addons" as your story. Well, i think the only reason you are ranting is becuase you ARE an addon maker and your jealous.

i was ammused like hell about your statment that it looked like it was done in a couple of days. From your typing skills i'd say you learnt to type an hour ago. sad_o.gif

And to the realism argument, i dont really care. the game is not real, and you are taking it too seriously if you expect unofficially made addons to be exactly the same as the real thing. I mean, you can jump in real life, but you cant in ofp. so what? Sure, some addons are very realistic [DKM's RAH66, the BAS stuff...lots of others] but it is just a game and if you want to get really realistic then you'd need post traumatic stress thrown in every time you play it.

oh, one more thing. Dreaming about ofp is nature's way of telling you to not play it so much.     biggrin_o.gif

i dont want to offend anyone, just giving another view to thiers, as you cannot make statments in life and not expect someone to challenge it. This is not a personal attack. smile_o.gif

--smilie smilie Jaguar--

Peace or not the peace ? It's not your business man. I'd rather making an add-on in long time than few days and relase some shit but if i have this long time, i can make everything with good effects. Can you see good effects in here ? The model is perfect but not simulation and other features. The argument about realistic CH-53 is: the SeaStallion in real life have smaller mass and it can move faster than "this" and it without any problems with steering but it can't stop in high +50 meters without any troubles. It's all depends on mass and center position of model in p3d file (in OFP of course) ;) . Model and textures is very good but someone who can place model and features into OFP should do something about it.

One thing: I can do something to make it better realistic  wink_o.gif and i have 4 add-ons to relase in first days of holidays but i haven't time now (school).

Second thing: I know something about features in OFP2 tounge_o.gif and i think V-22 Osprey and MH-60L's with multiple guns would works good in second version of our beautifull game.

Model and textures is very good but someone who can place model and features into OFP should do something about it.

Quote[/b] ]Can you see good effects in here ? The model is perfect but not simulation and other features. The argument about realistic CH-53 is: the SeaStallion in real life have smaller mass and it can move faster than "this" and it without any problems with steering but it can't stop in high +50 meters without any troubles.

The handling issue is only due to a small bug and therefore can be fixed...it's no big deal. And how would you know what mass it is? The p3d is binarised, and you couldn't tell how much it weighs just be seeing how the damn thing flies. :-\

Quote[/b] ]It's all depends on mass and center position of model in p3d file (in OFP of course) ;) .

The center of mass is assigned correctly as ever, so there's no problems there. The mass is correct, so no problems there. The zamerny memory point is correct, no problems there.

It was components overlapping in the Geometry LOD that caused the bad handling... so that is fixed now.

Quote[/b] ]Model and textures is very good but someone who can place model and features into OFP should do something about it.

Er... wake up - This has a model, infact it IS a model. :-\ and it has "features".

Just for the record, I've been a modmaker a bit longer than you, so I know what I'm talking about.

@Pong2cs... Look further back through the topic please, it has already been explained.