Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Ch-53e superstallion

if you dont like the addon dont DL it, and some problems are in the readme so if anyone bothered to read it there wouldnt be as many questions. If you read the readme, well props to you then! biggrin_o.gif

not bad at all. Its got its flaws but those can be sorted out eventually.

And if your having problems controlling it with keyboard and mouse. Dont even think about joystick. tounge_o.gif

crazy_o.gif = my face when i was trying to fly with joystick.

Anyways scorpio keep up the damn good work.

yeah but i would think the roadway would have nothing to do with that, because cant you walk inside the BIS chinook while its on the ground. It would be alot better if u could walk around inside when its grounded.

No, no, and no. smile_o.gif When the roadway lod was taken away, the handling was slightly better and the scripts then worked.

It caused problems with bas also, but not sure how they got round it.

Kudos to ya Scorpio! Great work. I especially glad that the AI can actually fly it very nicely. I know alot of people are complaining about the handling, but I wonder honestly how many mission makers are going to write missions where you fly this thing. Personally I think it's fantastic for Suchey's Marines and the Marines from Operation Code Blue.

The only problem I have with it, is as others mention, there are some texture problems with both versions when you move away at around 50 meters or so.

I like the sounds by the way. That's pretty much what the ones I've heard flying over my house sound like. It's actually not an especially loud helicopter (like the CH-47 chinook which is really loud). Anyhoo... excellent work! I hope you'll continue to improve upon it and make new versions every now and then! (hint- a door gun would rock). smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks Chris. The LOD textures are fixable...

Tomorrow I'm gonna sit down and have a real good think about what to do about the handling... it really gets on my nerves now. It won't be easy, but hopefully it might be fixed with help from others.

Doorgun on the way. smile_o.gif

oh btw... I like your sig Chris. tounge_o.gif

didn't see this in the read me...but i get no gear up sound found? but then i put it into a different folder than the regular addon or res addon folder...also is it supposed to have the bright green on the jungle version?...sticks out like a sore thumb??...maybe a darker green instead?...handles like a drunk pig smile_o.gif hope someone will fix it as i for one do intend to fly it into combat rather than the AI do it..hehehe..but as it is ...its unflyable with joystick...why is that BTW??..couldn't get a flight model from bas?...someone give this horse some legs!! hehe

After that long time! finally!

Exelent! wink_o.gif

maybe a darker green instead?...handles like a drunk pig smile_o.gif

LOL what did you expect!?

It´s a Fat drunken pig!  tounge_o.gif

no really this thing must have 7-8 tonns correct me if im wrong.

It doesn´t handle like an ah-6 with that weight you know.

Edit: just played ....made it up to 436 kph rock.gif

lol hes really right lol, i can say that i´m a quet good pilot, but man THIS IS A DRUNKEN PIG!!!!!

A FAST ONE 2 biggrin_o.gif

It´s like driving a 10 tonn truck at 160kph of road crazy_o.gif

and where´s the gatling rock.gif .. did i miss something?

But hey don´t get me wrong i really like it!

in real life is the ch53 cargo area not connected to the cockpit? Because in the add on its not connected in the addon

great model, flys ok(tends to skid alot like the old version of the MH47 from BAS, maybe you could ask them how to sort it?), only thing im having problems with is im getting a a script error and a missing sound:

Missing sound

Script error

the script error appears when you first start the mission

CH-53 Weighs more like 33.5 Tons in real life ;)

MH-47 weighs in at 24 tons, and the AH-6 Littlebird is 1 Ton so theres a BIG difference biggrin_o.gif So you are quite right to call the H-53 a fat pig, cos it is!

however... Scorpio - your bad handling is most likely caused by bad geometry, and a bad C of G

In the geometry you MUST make sure there are NO convex components, and that NO components overlap, and that there are NO open faces, otherwise you will experience these "shaking" issues.

The bad handling is caused by a poor C of G, check the BIS demo models to see where you should be putting the C of G (done by altering the mass of small groups of verticies) in relation to the overall model.

Usually you want to have the C of G very low, and slightly foreward of the models center point.

great model, flys ok(tends to skid alot like the old version of the MH47 from BAS, maybe you could ask them how to sort it?), only thing im having problems with is im getting a a script error and a missing sound:

Missing sound

Script error

the script error appears when you first start the mission

I forgot to note that I also am getting that error at the beginning of the mission. Doesn't hurt anything, just a little annoying seeing it there for a few seconds.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I really wish the addon makers did more research on this helicopter before building it.

First off...this is not a CH53E (I should know I work on them)

This is a CH53D with a CH53E main rotor head and tilted tail.

The CH53D (which is what I call this addon due to body style) does not have a fuel probe or utility hoist on the side and it doesn't have exhaust outputs aft of the main rotor head on the camel hump (thats the rounded of part in the back on top of the aircraft) This aircraft also flies like a CH47 and sounds like a hind.

I'm not trying to be mean or bring anyone down but the Marines who play this game, like myself, who have been waiting for this addon are disappointed, expecially those of us who work and fly on this great helicopter. I'm just glad my friend is helping research this for Colonel Klink to make his version of the Super Stallion. My friend, TheMarshal, is also a US Marine and he works on the CH53D in hawaii and he is testing this addon now for a review.

Don't take this as total complaining...just hoping for the real deal right away. I know you guys worked your ass off and thanks goes out to you.

Unhappy Customer and CH53E Flightline Mechanic, USMC

Semper Fi

Sgt CM Bunnell

Very awesome Scorpio. I just love this addon, but I must point out a few things that you may or may not be able to fix.

1. I know you've already stated about the handling of the chopper, but it's a little sensitive when you hit the turn buttons (A,D,X,C). Sometimes, when using them, the chopper will spin wildly out of control.

2. When I leave the chopper on its current course and hit the command view, it may swerve to the left or right (gradually at first).

Just a few blemishes. Otherwise, near perfect. biggrin_o.gif

This is an silent relase. I love that biggrin_o.gif. It's very good surprise, thx very match.

UPDATE:

Oh sorry, the add-on isn't for relase smile_o.gif . Too simple work, too simple helicopter and too short work for it. Ehhhhh sad_o.gif .

well, I know it's not easy to make a good addon, and this one is pretty good, just some bugs, but i think next versions are here to correct that  smile_o.gif

I'm just curious about one thing. In the readme, you say :

Quote[/b] ]

Please remember that the Jungle version here needs the original CH-53E to run.

Is the Jungle version the "SPC_CH53J.pbo" file and the original CH-53E the "SPC_CH53.pbo" file ?

if yes then i don't need anything else to load these files..... but my problem is :

I put these two files in the res/addons directory, and when I load Flashpoint, then it crashes... not to windows, but my computer reboots  rock.gif

I know that reboots are an option in XP to prevent freezing or something like that, but that's the first time I see something like that with OFP (I tried 3 times to launch the game and it reboots 3 times)

then I just delete the "SPC_CH53J.pbo" files from my addon folder and it goes right... no crash.

it crashes when the game loads, so it's when the engine loads addons in memory... I haven't got a lot of memory, but i thing i've got enough to play OFP (i hope... : 512DDR)  sad_o.gif

If the answer to my problem is in the readme, then sorry but as you can read, english is a school learned language in my case... So it's possible i missed something.

Ok just some stuff I seriously have to clear up...

@343rdBadger... Whats wrong with the jungle camo colour? wink_o.gif

@Sxep... in real life it can go up to 170 knots. Also, there isn't supposed to be any weapon on the CH-53E. It's unarmed.

@sgt.elias31... in real life you'll have to climb into the cockpit if you're in the cargo area. There are no steps.

@AcidCrash... thanks for the feedback.

@Deadmeat... so now you tell me! wink_o.gif Thanks mate.

@302_Dragon... I received your email which took mehere. I highly disagree with you about it being a CH-53D. I mean you keep saying "ch-53d has this, this and this - this one doesnt"... well thats because it's supposed to be a CH-53E. smile_o.gif

I've had another marine (Dirtman) look at it in beta testing stages... and he says it's pretty accurate. Maybe we can discuss this later over mail.

I understand that many people were disappointed about the flight characteristics... but I did say that it wasn't perfect. If you want a better one, wait for an update, or wait for BAS's one. I don't make addons for a bunch of strangers over the net, I make them for myself. Thanks anyway.

@FivefiftysixNATO... yeah, I knew about those, thanks.

@TYsiEK... I didn't really understand what you're saying. It is for release, and if you want to think that it was "too simple work", "too simple helicopter" and "too short work for it" then I must say... (I was actually going to say "Fuck you very much", but that'll get me warned or banned by the moderators) I must say... that this addon has been worked on since December last year, so it hasnt been worked on for a couple of days. This addon is based on an extremely sophisticated and prestigious helicopter, which the Unites States Marines use as a primary heavy lift helicopter, so it's not simple. So if you don't like it - I don't really give a flying monkey's what you think. Make your own - I'd really like to see it. Geez...

@RapThor85... I've had the same problems with my comp restarting itself... but it's nothing to do with OFP related stuff. Its most probably spyware or anything of that sort causing it.

MH-47 weighs in at 24 tons, and the AH-6 Littlebird is 1 Ton so theres a BIG difference  biggrin_o.gif  So you are quite right to call the H-53 a fat pig, cos it is!

LOL really rock.gif i thought that would be to much!

a Tank has a simular weight!

And the ch-53 is empty inside rock.gif

Does it have thick armor platings?

MH-47 weighs in at 24 tons, and the AH-6 Littlebird is 1 Ton so theres a BIG difference  biggrin_o.gif  So you are quite right to call the H-53 a fat pig, cos it is!

LOL really rock.gif i  thought that would be to much!

a Tank has a simular weight!

And the ch-53 is empty inside rock.gif

Does it have thick armor platings?

But remember the CH-53e is the largest helicopter in the Western Block

@TYsiEK... I didn't really understand what you're saying. It is for release, and if you want to think that it was "too simple work", "too simple helicopter" and "too short work for it" then I must say... (I was actually going to say "Fuck you very much", but that'll get me warned or banned by the moderators) I must say... that this addon has been worked on since December last year, so it hasnt been worked on for a couple of days. This addon is based on an extremely sophisticated and prestigious helicopter, which the Unites States Marines use as a primary heavy lift helicopter, so it's not simple. So if you don't like it - I don't really give a flying monkey's what you think. Make your own - I'd really like to see it. Geez...

I just think it have too small and stupid bugs to repair ;) so U know ;). And this is an simple chopper because it haven't some new simulation scripts, better animations and newest uses like in the actual add-ons (windows ? .... lol ) and jungle version in + 100 meters LOD have textures from other version ;) . Mass isn't exactly that like in the real helicopter. I think you haven't seen the real CH-53 SuperStallion so you shouldn't make this add-on.

And one thing: "Fuck you very much" i don't like peoples like You. As U see, it has been small sugestion and you've sent me nice answer  wink_o.gif  

NEXT UPDATE biggrin_o.gif

Oh ! I've lost it: december, last year ? Oh shit i'm sorry biggrin_o.gif ROTFL biggrin_o.gif This add-on looks like a thing maked in few dayz time  crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ] I've had the same problems with my comp restarting itself... but it's nothing to do with OFP related stuff. Its most probably spyware or anything of that sort causing it.

I see what you mean, but i keep thinking it's linked with the SPC_CH53J.pbo file... (maybe is it my OFP config that not like your file....)

I've seen in XP options that system restarts when it's out of memory, to prevent damages..

All I've done is : copy-paste the files in my dir, lauching OFP => screen becomes black, like all other OFP loading screen ;), then reboot (i hate when my PC does that itself crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif ), this for 3 times.

Then i just delete the file in question and it goes right, no crash, no error...

My computer never reboots itself, except in very extrem case (maybe 2 or 3 times since six month), and when the file is in my addon directory.

If I say this, this is just for you to know.... It's not very important for me, I can play with the white version. It's suffisant.

Looks like another ban for TYsiEK is approaching.

Neither first one nor last one, i guess biggrin_o.gif

Back on topic, yes i also have missing sound and the script message.

Looks like another ban for TYsiEK is approaching.

Neither first one nor last one, i guess    biggrin_o.gif

Back on topic, yes i also have missing sound and the script message.

THX 9mm I'll be happy for ban tounge_o.gif . But who's said as first about f**king ?? And my f**king has been just quote.

Oj grabisz sobie TYsiEk...

Anyway, what was i saying? wink_o.gif

Ok.. thanks to Deadmeat, the handling is fixed now. smile_o.gif

'Twas a Geometry problem... the components were overlapping so I made a new geo lod.

Anyway... off to fix that gearup sound...