Sign in to follow this  
TakanoFukada

Singapore armed forces adopts ofp for training...

Hey guys,

Thought I just share this with you... the Singapore army has adopted a new PC gaming & simulation initiative for trainig which was launched on 21st May '03. As part of the launch, the Army has also adopted Operation FlashPoint as one of the platforms to be used.

Read all about it here... better still, check out the ASF vid file by following the direct link below !!! You can even see screenshots of in-game OFP in this news clip.

Ministry of Defence (MINDEF), Singapore

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/display.asp?number=1796

Defence Science & Technology Agency

http://www.dsta.gov.sg/scripts/showMisc/mShowTemplate10.asp?id=1690

And here is a direct link to the ASF video file of the news clip...

http://www.dsta.gov.sg/scripts/admin/MiscFiles/myImages/220503_CNA.asf

Ta !!!

Cool smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

This is a great development biggrin_o.gif

Is BIS supporting them, are they using VBS1?

This is very interesting

looks like VBS1. the movement of soldiers near a village is not similar to that of OFP.

however, they still have that "9 o'clock, APC, 500" voice biggrin_o.gif

looks like VBS1. the movement of soldiers near a village is not similar to that of OFP.

however, they still have that "9 o'clock, APC, 500" voice biggrin_o.gif

you mean the whole video was about ofp?

i thought the only pictures about ofp were the ones with the tanks in it. don't they use 3 different games and a system developed by the US army?

Hi,

It is still OFP and NOT VBS1 in the video clip you saw and no, the clip doesn't just focus no OFP. It encompasses all 3 different games - "Operation FlashPoint", "Full Spectrum Command" & "Joint Conflict And Tactical Systems" (JCATS).

As for the part where the soldiers are running around, it is the game "Full Spectrum Command", a jointly-developed military game.

Hi,

It is still OFP and NOT VBS1 in the video clip you saw and no, the clip doesn't just focus no OFP. It encompasses all 3 different games - "Operation FlashPoint", "Full Spectrum Command" & "Joint Conflict And Tactical Systems" (JCATS).

As for the part where the soldiers are running around, it is the game "Full Spectrum Command", a jointly-developed military game.

ok... so I wasn't wrong smile_o.gif

those lucky soldiers get paid for playing OFP all the time. biggrin_o.gif

well, where can we download the singapore addons in the video tounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

From what I could see OFP looked way the best theother looked like somthing from deltaforce 1 or 2.

STGN

Thanx for posting the links, interesting article and movie smile_o.gif

You can see some of the Singapore-based add-ons here ... http://www.mindwavemedia.com/warchamber.shtml but I have yet to add some of the remaining vehicles. Also, these are currently unavailable for download yet.

Hey, would appreciate if you can drop by my site and sign the guestbook at the bottom of the page!!! Thanks !

I dropped by! smile_o.gif

Did you make the addons for SAF?

Would be great to have a Singapore Island, campaigns and missions, wouldn't it!

Did you make the addons for SAF?

Would be great to have a Singapore Island, campaigns and missions, wouldn't it!

You have to figure this one out yourself !!!  See & feel... wow_o.gif

I'm currently working on new missions for these addons.  As for islands, they are already in the development pipeline. Campaigns will probably come last as I am very busy as it is. biggrin_o.gif

why are they using your addons or are you just good at making somthing thats look like.

STGN

I'm currently working on new missions for these addons.  As for islands, they are already in the development pipeline. Campaigns will probably come last as I am very busy as it is. biggrin_o.gif

Why not form team? You can be the Big Kahuna! biggrin_o.gif

hehehe.....an Ayumi Hamasaki fan  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

yes, and I met her before in person too !!!

hehehe.....an Ayumi Hamasaki fan  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

yes, and I met her before in person too !!!

did u get her kiss wink_o.gif

I am just a little angry that they did not say anything on OFP except the two clips. For a clip to be good it has to mention OFP every 5 seconds. smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

actually, the launch was steered more towards 'Full Spectrum Command' as it was a joint collaboration effort... but I can tell you this, during the launch on that day, the OFP exhibits attracted more people.... and I was there !

That's pretty neat.

My family adopted an officer from Singapore's military while he's in the states for combat leadership school (CGSC).