theavonlady

Hdw battlefields

Download mission HDW Battlefields

Readme:

Quote[/b] ]*************************************

HDW Battlefields and Clean Sweep OICW

Version 1.50

By The Avon Lady

Four OFP single player missions, adapted from OFP's Battlefields and Clean Sweep missions, that use Inquisitor's High Detail Weapons (HDW) Pack and OICW addon.

For the three enclosed variations of the Battlefields mission, all standard OFP West and East infantry units and weapons have been converted to HDW units and weapons, wherever possible.

Mission HDW Battlefields is a conversion of OFP's original Battlefields single player mission.

Mission HDW Battlefields OICW is the same as above but the player is equipped with an OICW assault rifle.

Mission HDW Battlefields (East) switches the Russians to the offense and NATO forces to defense, with the player on the offensive as a Russian grenadier.

Mission Clean Sweep OICW is a conversion of OFP's original Clean Sweep single player mission. All West saboteur units are equipped with OICW assault rifles minus any HE 20mm magazines, except for the player, who's equipped with one HE 20mm magazine, in addition to the OICW's standard magazines. The removal of the HE 20mm magazines was done because they make it overly easy for the player to wipe out the all the enemies in town within 15 to 45 seconds. smile_o.gif

Requirements

------------

- OFP 1.85 or greater.

- Inquisitor's High Detail Weapons (HDW) Pack, version 1.1. Required only for the variants of the Battlefields mission.

- Inquisitor's OICW Addon, version 1.0. Required only for missions HDW Battlefields OICW and Clean Sweep OICW.

- An above average PC configuration.

Performance Issues

------------------

The HDW Pack's weapons and the OICW are JPG textured. This causes additional overhead when OFP renders them on screen.

So if playing HDW Battlefields produces too much lag to be enjoyable for you, I'm sorry to say that I told you so.

Summary of Changes:

-------------------

1.50. Mission HDW Battlefields OICW corrected. Player did not start with OICW.

1.40. New mission, Clean Sweep OICW introduced. Requires Inquisitor's OICW addon, version 1.0.

1.40. New mission, HDW Battlefields OICW introduced. Requires Inquisitor's OICW addon, version 1.0. No changes made to earlier two HDW Battlefields and HDW Battlefield (East) missions.

1.30. Support new version of Inquisitor's HDW Pack, version 1.1.

1.20. New mission, HDW Battlefields (East) introduced. Turns the original mission around by having the Russians assaulting American defensive positions, with the player on the ofensive as a Russian grenadier.

1.10. Several West infantry units were not converted to HDW West units and weapons in the mission's original version. Corrected.

1.10 Added "HDW" to the mission overview HTML pages and noted the mission's requiring the HDW Pack.

Comments and Suggestions

------------------------

Any problems, gripes, suggestions? Happy to hear from you!

Regards,

The Avon Lady

theavonlady@theavonlady.org

Performance Issues

------------------

The HDW Pack's weapons are JPG textured. This causes additional overhead when

OFP renders them on screen. In addition, the original Battlefields mission

with standard OFP units and weapons may tax some systems' performance.

So if playing HDW Battlefields produces too much lag to be enjoyable for you,

I'm sorry to say that I told you so.

Just to make this complete, OFP can actually handle at least three image formats. JPEG, PAA and PAC.

PAA is meant for TGAs (Alpha channel with complete transparency, complete opacity, and everything inbetween like 50% transparency)

PAC is meant for GIFs and JPEGs (Alpha channel with only complete transparency, complete opacity)

PACs have a better image quality because the format does not need to save additional alpha information. So if you have an image without transparency like JPEG, or full transparency/opacity like a GIF, I recommend using PAC.

The above is copied from SES forum in a post by Joe Lemonade (ModMaker), its a pity the maker of this addon didnt convert his jpg's using texView or similar, would be useful to alot more people, demanding far less CPU power.

@ May 24 2003,12:02)]nice work Avon and good choice of weapon packs smile_o.gif

Well, the whole idea was to demostrate the HDW pack and to also get an idea of its effect on performance.

it ran fine on my machine, p4 2.4.

i notcied u didnt change the east weapons to the HDW pack.

i find the iron sites on the m4 hard to use, they dont have the zoom that other iron sites have.

and the reflex site is extremely dirty, could hardly see thru it.

@ May 25 2003,02:45)]it ran fine on my machine, p4 2.4.

Does OK on my 2.0Ghz notebook as well.

Quote[/b] ]i notcied u didnt change the east weapons to the HDW pack.

Patience. wink_o.gif

@ May 25 2003,02:45)]i notcied u didnt change the east weapons to the HDW pack.

Patience. wink_o.gif

It's Here! smile_o.gif Check the 1st post. Link is the same. Summary of changes is in the Readme. smile_o.gif

great conversion can we get somemore

Patience.  wink_o.gif

Now you can be the Russians going on the offensive against the Americans.

Mission "HDW Battlefields (East)" added to the download.

Same link as before. Updated Readme is in this thread's first post.

smile_o.gif

thx your the greatest smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

palyed the mission as east i love the weapons but ast gets their butts kicked everytime i play

Avon told me to post this:

Version 1.30 of the HDW Battlefields missions is now available from The FAQ. Changes made:

1. Support for Inquisitor's HDW Pack version 1.1.

2. Mission version added to overview page.

The link is the same as in this thread's first post. You can also download the mission and Inquisitor's HDW Pack version 1.1 from the HDW Battlefield review page on the MOM section at The FAQ.

Wow! This is great! Thank you very much theavonlady and blackdog. Even though I can't complete the missions (it's this bug where I keep getting shot by the enemy smile_o.gif) it's still a LOT of fun to run around with real looking and sounding weapons.

But I think I may of found a bug. I, of course, get injured on one of the missions, the one where you play as a western soldier. I get told to heal at an M113 ambulance, so I go there and can't heal for some reason. I sit and circle around it and dont see any "get in" or "heal at..." commands. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I don't know, I've never had to use an M113 to heal before.

theavonlady asked me to post this...

Quote[/b] ]Please post this on the DHW Battlefields thread in response to your question.

You should issue the STATUS-INJURED/5-4 command first.

If the M113 is healing someone else, you may have to wait your turn.

You should preferably go to the back of the M113 Ambulance to heal.

You may need to issue the STATUS-INJURED command more than once.

You muts issue the "HEAL AT AMBULANCE" or similar action command once you've issued the STATUS-INJURED command and approached the back of the M113.

Hope this helps. smile_o.gif

I'll give it a shot and see if it works.

From The Avon lady:

I've added two new missions to the HDW Battlefields mission download, that incorporate use of Inquisitor's OICW assault rifle addon, released today.

For details and downloads of the updated missions and the OICW addon, see the HDW Battlefields review page on the MOM section at The FAQ.

Regards,

The Avon Lady

Oh and i would try this my self if it wasn't for the lag. As the original mission tends to lag i bet this one would make the lag worse.

Hey, what about a new version of "steal the car" with this weapon pack? wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Oh and i would try this my self if it wasn't for the lag. As the original mission tends to lag i bet this one would make the lag worse.

Well you can try the newly added Clean Sweep OICW mission. I'm sure you can play that one unless your PC is as slow as a don ............. turtle. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hey, what about a new version of "steal the car" with this weapon pack? wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Maybe, if I can find a high detailed Mercedes to replace the UAZ. tounge_o.gif