Sign in to follow this  
InQUisiToR

High detail weapon pack released!

yeah, i found this but i cant see a crossair

Thats because there isnt one, its a red dot sight, it uses a red dot to aim, youre meant to use it with two eyes open so that it projects a dot into your vision (when the images from both your eyes merge) so that, well, in its most simple terms it would act like the crosshairs in ofp.

ITS BETTER to have handguns

for cqb

y dont u equip ur enemies with handguns instead

But they do have them. The enemies are Inq's Spetz Natz with AK74s and Scorpions.

Also, I forgot, increase the MK23's dammage.

ITS BETTER to have handguns

for cqb

y dont u equip ur enemies with handguns instead

Handguns are underpowered. I'd rather have a full-auto weapon for CQB in OFP plus they are more accurate and hold more bullets. So a pistol is not the best weapon for CQB.

But you're right, giving the enemy pistols is one way of making things even.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

great pack! smile_o.gif

but i still have some issues about your M14 (BTW the best looking M14 so far and one of my favourite rifles!):

it's underpowered!

we need a scopeless version!

and a M14 with bayonet

and speaking about the bayonet, it needs more damage!

i really hope you'll fix it. it has a lot of potential. you may as well release a seperate M14 pack. wink_o.gif

Can anyone shed some light at all in replacing the high detail weapons with the default BIS ones?? ive seen many amazing looking weapons released for OFP that are FAR superior to the standard BIS ones, M16s, AK's etc. but I have failed in every attempt to replace them because there is never a 1:1 match in files. Whilst there is usually a single p3d file for the new model, the problem comes when trying to also add the new texture; always it seems as though there are far more paa, pac etc.. files with the new guns than the standard BIS ones use, so a straight 1:1 swap and file rename is impossible.

In this latest HD weapon pack, there are loads of jpeg files. Even if I were to convert them to pac/paa, what bloody original BIS texture files would you swap them with in data.pbo? Aagain there is no file-for-file swap due to different numbers of files, and even different layout of the gun parts in the individual texture files. Even when I just renamed the INQ_M16.p3d to m16_proxy.p3d and overwrote the BIS one in the data3d.pbo file and packed it up again and ran the game, I got an error with some other p3d file and the game would not launch. Inquisitor, what is your secret to simply replacing the standard BIS weapons with your new HD ones?rock.gif?rock.gif

Its really crap when so many amazing addons come out and you cant even use them in the original game and campaigns!! Roll on this "super config" thing, cos that seems to be the most likely answer to this issue.

love the Resistance weapons, had to put it in the operationflashpoint/Addon folder didn´t work properly in the

operationflashpoint/res/Addon folder (no sounds)

Its a real shame, i doubt you even got permission to use these :/ im sure even custom content used for CS i sstill under the legal thingy ma jig of HL, im not gonna get them (and tbh you wont care either) but create your own weapons and skins, and youll prolly get 1/2 the communit thinking you made them so on and so on, if someone ripped of OFP content this forum would be up in arms, but as before GFX707 ripping DOD stuff and releasing it saying it was his own content when proved it was not his nobody said anyhting. just a shame really.

I hate to admit it, but I love these weapons even if they are ripped from CS. I have no moral problem with people taking content from other games and repurposing it for OFP as long as it's overtly done and not claimed to be anything other than repurposed content.

I do think they are overkill though... especially the hires jpg textures. You could have done everyone a favor by only using the hires textures for the 1st person view thereby eliminating much of the lag they'll cause. Somthing to think about since anything over 5 meters away is wasted pixels anyway.

I would disagree, I think the jpeg textures are great. They look much, much, better than paa/pac textures. At the absolute most maybe use paa/pac's for the real far lod's. Very nice addon. A couple things I'd like to see are maybe a non-silenced version of the Mk23, and maybe a Tokarev and or Makarov. I wouldn't mind having an M-16 w/ a bayonet, as several people have mentioned. Maybe have an option to attach and detach the bayonet to weapons w/ them(if realistic).

Yes, one thing that I was suprised about was that he was very adament in telling exactly which model was whose. I respect that and I have no guilt in playing with the addons.

I didn't say they didn't look great, it was just that if this becomes a habit, you could have quite a few hi poly weapons, units, helis, etc, all with hi-res jpgs on screen at the same time.... bad idea. All those good looks will bring most mid range machines to a crawl. They look very nice, and in 1st person thats fine, but seriously, like I said they really could be all scaled down to at LEAST 1/2 size or lower and pac'd for the 2nd lod on down, maybe they are. I'm just looking for flaws, because since none of this is his own creative other than the production, I don't feel any guilt critiquing the production values which, unlike creative are a cut and dry process. Either it works or it doesn't... these do, they could just be optimized quite a bit more to help with the memory they use. Just trying to give some sound advice that would make them better.

MLF: check the other thread. First he said he had this weapon pack made for HIMSELF and can NOT release it because textures and/or weapons are from other games. THEN the community begs him to release them. Now he releases them and you go off claiming nonsense like "releasing ripped stuff and claiming he did it himself." Stop talking about things you have really no clue about. If you don't like it then don't use it.

BAM: I don't know if this is really possible without config.cpp editing. I tried to replace the models in the data3d.pbo and while the normal ofp soldiers where using the hd weapons afterward the gunsights were still the original ones. Maybe i did something wrong though as i never did much pbo editing before.... BTW: If you use t&l you have to use those from the hwtl folder and put the new pbo into the dta/hwtl folder of your mod folder instead of the dta folder.

Its a real shame, i doubt you even got permission to use these :/ im sure even custom content used for CS i sstill under the legal thingy ma jig of HL, im not gonna get them (and tbh you wont care either) but create your own weapons and skins, and youll prolly get 1/2 the communit thinking you made them so on and so on, if someone ripped of OFP content this forum would be up in arms, but as before GFX707 ripping DOD stuff and releasing it saying it was his own content when proved it was not his nobody said anyhting. just a shame really.

As long as they look good, and play well I don't really care how he did him, and I'm just happy he released him. If you don't like it, why don't you try making an addon.

why don't you try making an addon.

Why doesnt this guy try, all hes done is done some CCP

MLF: check the other thread. First he said he had this weapon pack made for HIMSELF and can NOT release it because textures and/or weapons are from other games. THEN the community begs him to release them. Now he releases them and you go off claiming nonsense like "releasing ripped stuff and claiming he did it himself." Stop talking about things you have really no clue about. If you don't like it then don't use it.

You wanna start reading my post 1st, i never once said he claimed he made them. I said i was not going to use them, and you clearly seem to be talking about things you dont understand.

guys cool it!

i noticed somthing about the shotgun AI takes a while after the recoil to get the gun on target again.

may have been just a freak insedent though crazy_o.gif

Something ellse that could be done with this pack that I'm sure every one would love, add impact sounds.

the DAA mod had done a really nice job with theyr M16A2 pack, the impact sounds are amazing, and having a look at the fille looks easy to do, the only problem would be where to get the sounds, but if you can get sounds like the firing, grenades and reloading ones that sound that good, I'm sure you would be able to get some nice impact sounds aswell.

Another thing is to incloude some more East and resistance weapons, is some nice ones around to download, but if this pack had more East and resistance weapons I wouldn't need to use another weapon addon.

By the way, I love RPGs, that would be nice to add. Kegetys made a nice one that Tanelorn modified even beter.

Did you guys know, that some people in the FA, fire arms community for half life uses the helicopeter model from SEB Nam Pack.

which helicopter? theres like 4 different helos (not counting each version)

I love the ammo box. Looks good. Could someone make a version with a M-249 lying on top of it rather than the M-60, which I never use ( although I am sure it is lovely). It just looks out of place in my missions.

I think the G-36CSD is bloody good. And the M4A1 with C-Mag and M203...sweet as. A scoped one would be nice.

Now imagine if this maker of this addon got his teeth into an FN F2000 with grenade launcher... or the whole G-36 series... or the new HK MG46...

I think we should encourage this guy to make lots more stuff...

We need one of us to win lotto so we could run a big$$$ Addon Competition. Now THAT would produce some results!!

Nice

biggrin_o.gif