Sign in to follow this  
KDog35

.sqs files

Hi,

I just read the snYpirs' tutorial on how to make code snippets. The thing I don't know is how do you begin to create a .sqs file. Do I open Microsoft Word, Acrobat Reader, Notepad, and paste the code there? Is it s HTML format and I open it in note pad to paste?? I plan on just copying others' snippets and using them in my own missions.

Please help, I've been editing for a while and never attempted scripts because I don't understand. I will read all the tutorials but I need a kick start.

thank you

easiest way i know of is just to go to notepad and when you save it put "filename.sqs" (where filename is whatever you want) (and yes, DO include the " ")

smile.gif <S> Thanks Acidcrash. And I just figured out to save it as "all files".

What I want to do is drop a ammo crate from the addon C-17. Hope it works. Perferably a Humvee, that would be really cool!

Anyone have a script for that??

Kdog...Umm..have you not figured out how to use Chris' OFP Editing Wizard I spent ages finiding the link for you? There's no better programme than this for editing...whether it be for making scripts,altering scripts,making description.ext making brieifings,overviews etc...You don't really need a tutorial for it...just mess about with it and you'll find out wink.gif That's how I learn most things smile.gif

Or.......you could also download X-SQSEdit:

XSQS-Edit

A very very handy tool. smile.gif

I used to use that but it made ICQ crash so I went back to good old notepad.

RED