Sign in to follow this  
Balschoiw

Us vs iran

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">May 18, 2003: The US insists that Iran is providing sanctuary for al Qaeda members who fled from Afghanistan and elsewhere. The government denies this, but the government has no control, and often no knowledge of, the terrorist training and housing facilities run by the Iranian Islamic radicals who control the police, military and courts and have veto power over anything parliament does. So al Qaeda can do whatever it wants in Iran and no one inside Iran can interfere. This is why many Iranians fear that the US will attack Iran, or at least the al Qaeda camps. Many young Iranians joke about wanting this invasion as soon as possible. And the Iranian Islamic radicals fear their less radical countrymen aren't joking. <span id='postcolor'>

Do you see any similarities to Iraq and Afghanistan ?

Is this the next US target cause NK already has nukes and an attack on Saudi Arabia would be not tolerated by the rest of the world ? Maybe Syria and Iran in a sweep ?

Bush has turned this world into a slaughterhouse and still carries on.

Well, you're not biased. tounge.gif

Anyway, if Iran doesn't have any control over the terrorists the least they could do is cooperate with us and help us get them out of their country. If they don't cooperate it tells me that they are interacting with the terrorists and do control them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 21 May 2003,16:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> If they don't cooperate it tells me that they are interacting with the terrorists and do control them.<span id='postcolor'>

Again with the black and the white, and colourblind to the grey.

What about the possibility that they dislike the US and the terroists equally?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ 21 May 2003,16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 21 May 2003,16:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> If they don't cooperate it tells me that they are interacting with the terrorists and do control them.<span id='postcolor'>

Again with the black and the white, and colourblind to the grey.

What about the possibility that they dislike the US and the terroists equally?<span id='postcolor'>

So just because they don't like USA it is okay to do nothing about the terroist.

STGN

Then they'd get the terrorists out and stiff us later, or at least try to do something about the terrorists on their own.

and it's not like the US is the only way to get rid of a terrorist group.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ 21 May 2003,16:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So just because they don't like USA it is okay to do nothing about the terroist.

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, it seems to work for the US when it comes to some of the Cuban exile groups in Florida. Of course, you don't hear much at all about that terrorism unless you look for the information.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The government denies this, but the government has no control, and often no knowledge of, the terrorist training and housing facilities run by the Iranian Islamic radicals who control the police, military and courts and have veto power over anything <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, if Iran doesn't have any control over the terrorists the least they could do is cooperate with us and help us get them out of their country. <span id='postcolor'>

You in Iran ?!? LOL

You don´t even manage to control Afghanistan in any part.

Another manslaughter and bombardment maybe ? Or some fine and smart CIA work like in Iraq ? Come on. The US have proven to be unable to fight terrorism. Time to rethink your tacs maybe.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">or at least try to do something about the terrorists on their own<span id='postcolor'>

Well I am sorry to interrupt but by now the accusations come from the US only. Sounds familiar to me when I think of the AQ´s in Iraq and some WMD´s that have magically disappeared...

So the AQ men that have been in Iraq have now moved on to Iran ? What a load of crap...

Maybe it´s just GWA again trying to set up reasons for a war ? You know it worked the last time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, you're not biased.<span id='postcolor'>

Well you are not an idiot  tounge.gif

Iran theocracy will fall to internal turmoil and the desire for western like freedoms.

Great, now Iran will get nuked next, again the great americna government wants to find another reason to attack some other country. Surprise surprise! How weird, i never thought this would happen! NOT!

Idiots

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 21 May 2003,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Iran theocracy will fall to internal turmoil and the desire for western like freedoms.<span id='postcolor'>

Which is all fine and good, but will this "internal turmoil" be caused by the same reasons that are now causing internal turmoil in Iraq?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ 21 May 2003,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great, now Iran will get nuked next, again the great americna government wants to find another reason to attack some other country.  Surprise surprise!  How weird, i never thought this would happen!  NOT!

Idiots<span id='postcolor'>

Just like we nuked Iraq(twice), Afhganistan, Panama, Vietnam, and Korea... right?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 21 May 2003,11:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ 21 May 2003,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great, now Iran will get nuked next, again the great americna government wants to find another reason to attack some other country.  Surprise surprise!  How weird, i never thought this would happen!  NOT!

Idiots<span id='postcolor'>

Just like we nuked Iraq(twice), Afhganistan, Panama, Vietnam, and Korea... right?<span id='postcolor'>

don't confuse him with the facts.

Sometimes i wonder why americans complain so vehemently about 'european whining' but on threads like this i see examples of extreme hyperbole from irate europeans and i start to understand. Perhaps its due to some kind of cultural difference in the way people express pleasure/displeasure or summit of that ilk. Probably just people.

Balschoiw- "Bush has turned this world into a slaughterhouse and still carries on."

I think you have to concede that this qualifies as a biased remark. Bush turned the world into a slaughterhouse? LOL tounge.gif

I dont think people have ever needed a numbskull as the US president in order to start slaughtering each other. sad.gif

"now the accusations come from the US only. Sounds familiar to me when I think of the AQ´s in Iraq and some WMD´s that have magically disappeared..."

You deny that there are any of what most western countries would regard as terrorists in Iran and that some of them are widely reported to have recieved state help? wow.gif

When it comes to terrorism and state sponsored terrorism there are indeed very real and pertinent issues regarding Iran but i dont think that those issues warrant a full invasion of that country. It has proven willing to engage in fairly constructive international diplomacy in the past and there is an all out cultural and ideological battle being waged in Iran in which context a military threat might serve to strengthen the extremists position.

Tovarish-"it seems to work for the US when it comes to some of the Cuban exile groups in Florida. Of course, you don't hear much at all about that terrorism unless you look for the information."

Haha I saw some of these people on TV recently , 'militia 66' or something like that, all having wet dreams about bombing Cuba back to righteous capitalism. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ 21 May 2003,18:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tovarish-"it seems to work for the US when it comes to some of the Cuban exile groups in Florida. Of course, you don't hear much at all about that terrorism unless you look for the information."

Haha  I saw some of these people on TV recently , 'militia 66' or something like that, all having wet dreams about bombing Cuba back to righteous capitalism. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunately these are more than wet dreams

*edit* More on the particular "Incidents" mentioned above

ok ladies put the handbags away. clearly george bush is a spackker. did you hear about the new sonar they want to develop? for use against terrorists LOL what do they think they have? suicide bomber dolphins

thats the one that people living near the shore are complaining they can hear it isnt it? out of the water i mean...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">suicide bomber dolphins <span id='postcolor'>

there have been reports of muslim fundamentalist lobsters near San Francisco . They pose a huge threat

arielle3.jpg

nolips I laughed my ass off biggrin.gif

Where do the US take the authority from to DEMAND that other countries do something that helps the US? What happened to national sovereignty? A nation is sovereign, it can do as it pleases. Bombing it because it is not doing what you want is...barbaric.

The best part is that the US will not listen to ANYONE, including the UN! Some day the rest of the world, including her allies, will stop listening to the US, I wonder what will happen then. I just hope this doesn't happen, that the current administration and indeed the current model of US foreign policy is voted off ASAP.

Sometimes I wonder how US citizens can continue to support their government which keeps on spitting on the ideals their nation was built on. Or are there no ideals, was this nation founded only to save paying taxes to someone that told you what to do? rock.gif I would really like to listen to a coherent argument to this from an American.

If its any help im not American, my coherance is questionable but i like arguing  biggrin_o.gif

Ex-RoNiN-

Quote[/b] ]"Where do the US take the authority from to DEMAND that other countries do something that helps the US? What happened to national sovereignty? A nation is sovereign, it can do as it pleases. Bombing it because it is not doing what you want is...barbaric."

An American might argue that thats just not what happens. The US requests that a country stops doing something (such as aiding international terrorists) if the country does nothing to change its policies then it may be seen as a threat to US national security and the US acts accordingly (in line with its own national sovereignty)

In fact you appear to either logically contradict yourself or answer your own question:

"Where do the US take the authority from to DEMAND that other countries do something that helps the US?"

"A nation is sovereign, it can do as it pleases."

Might makes right. Its not politically correct or palatable to the 'international community' but at the same time it remains a hard truth. An American might argue that if the UN is not willing to act on its supposed principles then someone else has to.

If fact the article that Denoir posted suggests that the US may agitate and provoke but not physically invade or attack. There are many means to dispense with an undesirable regime.

Quote[/b] ] "The best part is that the US will not listen to ANYONE, including the UN"

Who listens to the UN and why should they? It may not have escaped your attention that the legitimacy and raison d'etre of the UN itself has come into question recently and i happen to think that there are indeed major issues that need addressing lest they undermine the UN as a whole. Dictators and Authoritarians should be institutionally hounded by the UN and punished for their abuses of the UNs own charter but instead the UN does nothing to abusers and so gives them de facto backing.

Quote[/b] ] "Some day the rest of the world, including her allies, will stop listening to the US"

As long as the US is a superpower dont be holding your breath. The US is power and few can ignore power for long.

Quote[/b] ]

"Sometimes I wonder how US citizens can continue to support their government which keeps on spitting on the ideals their nation was built on. Or are there no ideals, was this nation founded only to save paying taxes to someone that told you what to do?"

An American might say 'Sometimes i wonder how EU citizens can continue to support their government which keep spitting on the ideals that our country fought to preserve for them. Or are there no ideals, was the EU founded only to harmonise taxes and criticise America?'

But then im not American and i mostly agree with you biggrin_o.gif .

Where do the US take the authority from to DEMAND that other countries do something that helps the US? What happened to national sovereignty? A nation is sovereign, it can do as it pleases. Bombing it because it is not doing what you want is...barbaric.

The best part is that the US will not listen to ANYONE, including the UN! Some day the rest of the world, including her allies, will stop listening to the US, I wonder what will happen then. I just hope this doesn't happen, that the current administration and indeed the current model of US foreign policy is voted off ASAP.

Sometimes I wonder how US citizens can continue to support their government which keeps on spitting on the ideals their nation was built on. Or are there no ideals, was this nation founded only to save paying taxes to someone that told you what to do? rock.gif I would really like to listen to a coherent argument to this from an American.

I bet this is what the whole damn world is thinking nowadays...

But then im not American and i mostly agree with you biggrin_o.gif .

Ah, Ex-RoNiN is being backed up by his bitch  biggrin_o.gif

btw. I think so too  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Ex-RoNiN-

Quote[/b] ]"Where do the US take the authority from to DEMAND that other countries do something that helps the US? What happened to national sovereignty? A nation is sovereign, it can do as it pleases. Bombing it because it is not doing what you want is...barbaric."

An American might argue that thats just not what happens. The US requests that a country stops doing something (such as aiding international terrorists) if the country does nothing to change its policies then it may be seen as a threat to US national security and the US acts accordingly (in line with its own national sovereignty)

In fact you appear to either logically contradict yourself or answer your own question:

"Where do the US take the authority from to DEMAND that other countries do something that helps the US?"

"A nation is sovereign, it can do as it pleases."

Might makes right. Its not politically correct or palatable to the 'international community' but at the same time it remains a hard truth. An American might argue that if the UN is not willing to act on its supposed principles then someone else has to.

If fact the article that Denoir posted suggests that the US may agitate and provoke but not physically invade or attack. There are many means to dispense with an undesirable regime.

Quote[/b] ] "The best part is that the US will not listen to ANYONE, including the UN"

Who listens to the UN and why should they? It may not have escaped your attention that the legitimacy and raison d'etre of the UN itself has come into question recently and i happen to think that there are indeed major issues that need addressing lest they undermine the UN as a whole. Dictators and Authoritarians should be institutionally hounded by the UN and punished for their abuses of the UNs own charter but instead the UN does nothing to abusers and so gives them de facto backing.

Quote[/b] ] "Some day the rest of the world, including her allies, will stop listening to the US"

As long as the US is a superpower dont be holding your breath. The US is power and few can ignore power for long.

Quote[/b] ]

"Sometimes I wonder how US citizens can continue to support their government which keeps on spitting on the ideals their nation was built on. Or are there no ideals, was this nation founded only to save paying taxes to someone that told you what to do?"

An American might say 'Sometimes i wonder how EU citizens can continue to support their government which keep spitting on the ideals that our country fought to preserve for them. Or are there no ideals, was the EU founded only to harmonise taxes and criticise America?'

A very coherent argument. biggrin_o.gif

I don't know if anybody caught the immense irony of that. USA's current agenda is to eliminate terrorist states while it publicly announces that it will support Iranian terrorists crazy_o.gif

I don't know if anybody caught the immense irony of that. USA's current agenda is to eliminate terrorist states while it publicly announces that it will support Iranian terrorists  crazy_o.gif

We are we supporting the terrorists we plan on killing? That post made no sence whatsoever.