Sign in to follow this  
ThrillHousE

Bannlist?!

Where do i find the banlist? because i want to unban a gamer, but i don't know how!

does anybody knows?

Ban list is in your user directory, and it is named ban.txt.

can anyone elaborate on this?

We are having a chronic idiot coming onto the server spamming voice comms.

I think I have his #userlist number, but i cant seem to get ban.txt to work..does it work for #'s?

On the same note, is there a way to disable voice comms on my server?

Nope, no help at all..thats how I found this thread in the 1st place...

On top of that, the search engine here stinks, but then thats what you get when you use a freeware perl messageboard:-)

More info on Banning (as requested by Hudson):

There are two ban lists. One is user-specific and is located in users directory. This is used for normal (non-dedicated) server, all users banned from chat command line with #ban are added to this list.

Second ban list, "global ban", is ban.txt located in main Flashpoint directory. This ban list is used for both dedicated and non-dedicated server and the only way to add entries into it is by manual editing. This file is plain list of decimal banned user IDs delimited with spaces, tabs or end-of-lines.

Suma you are a GOD in my book. Thank you so much you just saved Radishville from the evil spammer!

(Edited by Hudson at 11:54 am on Nov. 12, 2001)

Yes! Thank you so much Suma!

Hopefull this will end the reign of the evil voice spammer!

Any options to disable voice at the server in a future patch would be greatly apreciated, and keep up the great work!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RN Malboeuf on 12:23 pm on Nov. 12, 2001

you know, you could just paste a SAMPLE

lol

<span id='postcolor'>

I think the ban.txt (list) would look something like:

(each of the above has an LF/CR after each number)

123456 234567 345678 456789

(each of the above has a "space" after each number)

Can't do the ones with a "TAB" chr. after each number, but you get the idea.

*shrug*

/0

Maj

Thanks Havoc

(Edited by Hudson at 9:26 am on Nov. 13, 2001)

I would like to know how bans can be done from Admin commands if possible... I had heard #ban <id> but that does not seem to work.

Also if you manually add a Ban to the ban.txt is there anyway to make it active immediately without a server restart?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from BigQEd on 11:46 am on Nov. 27, 2001

I would like to know how bans can be done from Admin commands if possible... I had heard #ban <id> but that does not seem to work.

Also if you manually add a Ban to the ban.txt is there anyway to make it active immediately without a server restart?<span id='postcolor'>

#ban command works only on non-dedicated server (it saved info into user profile ban list).

As for banning without restarting server, this is currently not possible, but we will add in hopefully in next patch.

Suma... thanks for your response.

I hope BIS becomes more aware of the potential of Dedicated Servers. We need more functions for remote administration.