Sign in to follow this  
cbfasi

Hms hermes 1968

I don't mean to be a pain and I appreciate that this is an early model, but, will you be able to change it so that the harriers can use stol landing (even if I have to wait til the final mod).

She will feature Naval Borfors in the mod release, other ships will do also along with pintle mounted GPMG's, if ive missed summit im sure CBFASI will correct me biggrin.gif

and he harrier VTOL/STOL scripts are being reworked so dont worry bout that wink.gif

Great addon! Been waiting for one of these for years ...

Im only hoping that you can make the control tower building enterable and maybe some other areas of the ship?

so that we can have some fire fights on board biggrin.gif I have started to make a small mp tdm mission with some choppers and planes. west respawn at the carrier and East at the desert air base in the southwest.

cool with the catapult thingy, crashed like 8 times before i realized what the blue lines in the editor was.. tounge.gif

Keep up the fine work Falkland team wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ 20 May 2003,22:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">She will feature Naval Borfors in the mod release, other ships will do also along with pintle mounted GPMG's, if ive missed summit im sure CBFASI will correct me biggrin.gif

and he harrier VTOL/STOL scripts are being reworked so dont worry bout that wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ooooh cool! Bofors cannons are nice guns. Are they gonna be the 40mm "pom-pom" guns? smile.gif Gotta love those ol' "pom-pom" guns. smile.gif I hope you make the tracers on them nice and thick like GFX-707's Flak 88 gun.

If you've never seen this addon check it out at:

http://www.doom3net.com/ww2ec/Addons/WWIIEC_Flak88.zip

The tracers from this AA gun are the best I've seen on any addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Commando84.... Try walking up towards the forward end of the 'island' and you will see a doorway....

There is access set up to a 'briefing' room and the 3 bridges..

No more internals will be done at this time, mainly as I am having to guess the internals, and it would hype the poly count up to levels that would strain my poor 800mhz, no good if I can't even test my own models, that way they would never be right.

Hotspot.

Once I have sorted the walkways out and weapons platforms there will be 2 spots for Quad Seacat Missile Launchers, unfotunately you will have to wait for the final mod to get these weapon systems. The ZSU 23-2 cannon is one system that you can use, also why not put the m113's on deck (with no fuel so they dont move).

As for the scripting, I don't want it aircraft specifc as that woudl dissallow any new aircraft made, I need a script this is generic, but gives you the options rather than an automatic system as set up at the moment.

Roughly..................We dont know basically, how long is a piece of string?

hmm, do I need the string theory to solve this one?

L8R,

TopCover

hey this is a great addon.. im impressed!

but i have noticed that ure addons (Harrier, Skyhawk) dosent use the triggers.. i have tried all the other planes and all work

is this wat u want? or is it a error??

just wondering

the skyhawk activates the trigger its just the Harrier that can't, or thats what I've found.

Hey. I have some small tutorial for lets land the harrier and other planes. Just change something in the breake triggers.

Condition: getpos (thislist select 0) select 2 < 1 and speed vehicle player < 160

Axis B: 2

Axis A: 17

160 is an maximum speed to accept breaking by the wires and You can change this everytime.

And one thing: Author could make some lights because it's very difficult to land on this carrier at night. Now i can test my V-22 Osprey on beautifull carrier biggrin.gif . I'm so happy ! .

Second thing: I think this carrier shoult be bigger. I see it's grouped add-on, so it can be bigger wink.gif . That's why i can't land when some helicopter is on the helipad.

Nice add on. Badly missed for long time.

A pity it cannot be edited in one single piece and that it cannot neither move.

I have been able to land and catth the wire with several aircraft (A-10, MFG Tornado and A-4 Skyhawk)

Takes a lot of practice anyway crazy.gif

I hope you are considering to add some "runway lighting" or some kind of visual aid since night landing is quite complex without it (I still have not been able to make one, confused.gif yet hehe)

I am just curious. What is the reason you intend to have a 1968 carrier instead one from 1985 that is supossedely the game era?

its for the Falklands mod, which granted only had harriers out there, is an aircraft carrier we had during that time

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Furia @ 21 May 2003,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice add on. Badly missed for long time.

A pity it cannot be edited in one single piece and that it cannot neither move.

I have been able to land and catth the wire with several aircraft (A-10, MFG Tornado and A-4 Skyhawk)

Takes a lot of practice anyway  crazy.gif

I hope you are considering to add some "runway lighting" or some kind of visual aid since night landing is quite complex without it (I still have not been able to make one,  confused.gif  yet hehe)

I am just curious. What is the reason you intend to have a 1968 carrier instead one from 1985 that is supossedely the game era?<span id='postcolor'>

The later one used in the Falklands War will only be available with the mod..

Thats why! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ 21 May 2003,15:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey. I have some small tutorial for lets land the harrier and other planes. Just change something in the breake triggers.

Condition: getpos (thislist select 0) select 2 < 1 and speed vehicle player < 160

Axis B: 2

Axis A: 17

160 is an maximum speed to accept breaking by the wires and You can change this everytime.

And one thing: Author could make some lights because it's very difficult to land on this carrier at night. Now i can test my V-22 Osprey on beautifull carrier biggrin.gif . I'm so happy ! .

Second thing: I think this carrier shoult be bigger. I see it's grouped add-on, so it can be bigger wink.gif . That's why i can't land when some helicopter is on the helipad.<span id='postcolor'>

most appreciated I can now "land" most planes (F-18 and A-6), however I still cant get it to catch the harrier. confused.gif

are you sure you have the triggers on the carrier? i mean u havent placed her on another map and not added the triggers right, if not then just make one of the trigges alot longer like half the ship, u cant miss then

I can relase some demo mission for this carrier where You can land by the Harrier and another aircrafts but only if author of this add-on can let me do it wink.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ 21 May 2003,11:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">look 9 posts up ^<span id='postcolor'>

withstupid.gif

Why don't you just quote the post instead of nine posts up....

thumbs-up.gif

-iCe-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lpdotcom @ 21 May 2003,15:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">will the final version include a lift and dowstairs hangar?<span id='postcolor'>

By lift you mean elevator right? confused.gif

..damn English....

thumbs-up.gif

-iCe-

iceman i didnt quote it coz i didnt want to repeat myself, and also the ship will not feature deck lifts

Ok, so what kind of features will it have? lights etc?

PS can you give TYsiEK permission to put his demo on?