Sign in to follow this  
PitViper

Super config discussion

we were thinking of doing something along those lines... check your PM's

talking to me? i have no pm if that is...

Realistic weapons is not only dispersion. Its also how much damage a bullet does, reload time.

Is it possible to change the AI´s accuracy? Keep the weapon realisticly accurate and let the AI miss?

And realism comes to armor-values and speed on vehicles also.

We know, I was using the dispertion levels as a simple example. All the values will be tweaked for ultimate realism.

Dispertion will be altered, ESPECIALLY on the machineguns, and the AK's on full auto. But, to be honest, I think what you will see with this pack weapon wise WILL be pleasing, to everyone, those who like the accurate weapons, and those who dont... We aim to get this super cpp as a happy medium smile_o.gif

@Gummi - sorry mate... my PC crashed as i pressed send, and I had to go out.. so check your PM's now wink_o.gif

A little more realism would be nice, just don't overdo it. This is a game after all and play it for fun. And real war is not fun.

I'd more like to see the weapons balanced and unrealistic then unbalanced and realistic, else nobody would want to play the side with worse weapons in ctf/cti/c&h missions. Besides that i like modifications like more recoil for full auto or heavy calibre weapons and stuff...

I'll put my vote in for the high-dispersion weapons. Makes the battles longer, louder and, oddly, safer.

Now I know this is pretty blue-sky, but would it be possible to at last implement suppressing fire through something like this?

I imagine such changes are pretty deep ... perhaps would require 1) Making machinegunners more likely to fire at targets they have no hope of hitting, or even nothing at all and 2) Making everybody run for cover (and stay there) when they detect enough weapons fire in their vicinty

Beyond my scripting skills, that's for sure. But figgered I'd throw it out there ...

Realism as in dammage levels definitely needs fixing. Specifically for the Sniper rifles.

A full sized cartridge like the ones used for the Dragunov(7.62x54R) and M21/M14(7.62x51) should drop a target if you hit him pretty much anywhere.

Sounds like a good idea Jonny, we'll see what we can do!

Terrific! If it can be done, I have every confidence y'all will find a way. Cheers, jl

When I´m trying to make a config.bin file from a config.cpp I get this error

"Error on property - BullerBurst: BulletSingle - CfgAmmo"

I´m using CPP2BIN by Amalfi

andersson i also get strange errors like that eg

vaule not an array

no entry genercic mine.scope

or invaild cfg on expercie

and i am also using cpp2bin by Amalfi so any help shall be greatly aprecatied

Any further updates on the status of Super Config? I havent seen mention of it anywhere else, either you guys and busily working away on it, or (hopefully not) its died down?

It would be cool to have some updates on the current status of the project, it has so much potential...

BAM:)

I´m using CPP2BIN by Amalfi

The CPP2BIN, to my experience, is very basic and limited in its feature support and thus cant handle the main config very well.

Any further updates on the status of Super Config?  I havent seen mention of it anywhere else, either you guys and busily working away on it, or (hopefully not) its died down?

It would be cool to have some updates on the current status of the project, it has so much potential...

BAM:)

It is very much alive and kicking smile_o.gif we have made some interesting developments and quite a few scripts have been implemented.

If you have any ideas on features you would like to see implemented please say.

RED

Noone should be confused and start talking about tweaking armor values and gun sights n things like that. The basic proposal being stated here and not to be confused is one project which replaces the standard config with a NEW (and in my opinion better) ONE in order to **implement and standardize 3rd party special effects scripts into the ofp framework**. This is what we've all been waiting for. This I support.

I propose that we also throw in the new BIS updated models to replace the regular soldiers, and not replace all the in game voice commands with real human ones but add more voices from people of the community. Let's push it to the edge. Let's get real sharp. Just give me a list of all the things that a voice can say in ofp and I'll record myself doing it. I got a voice actor pal who runs a website with nothing but voice actors for ofp. If you can add faces I'm sure you can add more voice options.

I don't want to go from scripts to animations right now but I have some ideas about changing those too. I'll just stay quiet till it goes there.

I think that this is the best and most practical addon around, ESPECIALLY for SP. However, will it be editable? For people like me who never play MP (56k) it's nice to have all high detail weapons, which is why I use INquisitor's config.

The biggest problem with realism in OFP is the fairly stupid AI. They don't take cover, they never use suppressive fire, and they just don't act human.

As for the ~4000 rounds of ammo fired, that seems pretty reasonable, but I don't think the cause is inadvertent innacuracy so much deliberate attempts to supress and pin the opposition. IRL, people shoot at stuff they can't hit to scare it.

Here's something you could add to super config. How about you make it so that when the soldier is hit in the helmet it kinda "dings" you know what I'm saying?

Is it possible for you, superconfig-makers, to make the units walk when the speed is limited in aware-mode?

If I remember it correctly they did in earlier patches. It annoys me when they always run.

Yeah not only that but walk with the gun down. I also want those new night vision goggles to be added as a replacement for the current night vision goggles in the super config.

We are investigating the possibilities of custom animations and will look into the night vision goggles.

RED

Hi, excellent idea !

Will cfgRecoils be modified too? I mean, not coming back exactly at center after firing, thus avoiding bullet spread at long distance, which enable kill when it shouldn't.

Whis'

Here's something you could add to super config.  How about you make it so that when the soldier is hit in the helmet it kinda "dings" you know what I'm saying?

It would have to depend on what helmet the soldier is wearing. If it's a Kevlar helmet, I doubt it's going to have a mettalic 'ding'. If its one of the metal Russian helmets on the other hand then yes, it would ding.

I would just like to add that I am very eagerly awaiting this super config as I think it will be a great moment in Flashpoint history and will equal and much better, more realistic and nicer looking experiance.

*bumping*  smile_o.gif

Here, let me help you with that bump. *BUMP*

Any update on this? It has to be one the things I've most looked forward to for OFP. smile_o.gif

Well, this is the first time I readed this topic... smashing, I think is a great news that someone finally decided to do something about all that. One question, this fire dispersion and weapon damage, don't you guys think it will change the way the oficial campaigns and missions work?

Surely, we will get some missions that won't work the same, so it could be good or it could be bad, so please look at it.

I would like to make a sugestion about the dinamic sounds, I was very impressed by the DAA( Danish Army Addons) M16 pack sounds, the fire and hit sounds(to vehicles, body and ground), they are just spot on, the best ones I seen so far, so something like that implemented in this project would be nice.

Thanks.

@cero.