Sign in to follow this  
-SZ-Vladimir

Textures making

I have any questions about texture making (for make good texture). No how to use any software (I use photoshop 6), but how to configure good this software for make good texture, for a good exportation in .paa/.pac format.

My questions :

- How much colors use in a texture ? 64 colors (6 bits) ? we can work with more colors ? Convertion from 256 to 64 colors ? which options for a good converstion ?

- How make a good exportation from .jpg/.tga/.gif to .paa/.pac ? I think to AKM74's or Marfy's textures

I have try to use un texture made by Marfy without conversion and a texture used for my BMP-3... my texture have strange range (not sure of word) and I don't see that and Marfy's texture... (I can post a screen if you don't understand).

I need advice about that ! smile.gif

Thanks

Vladimir

Could you post a pic about that problem?

About the Questions

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- How much colors use in a texture ? 64 colors (6 bits) ? we can work with more colors ? Convertion from 256 to 64 colors ? which options for a good converstion ?<span id='postcolor'>

Use 24 bits (16 million colors) textures smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- How make a good exportation from .jpg/.tga/.gif to .paa/.pac ? I think to AKM74's or Marfy's textures<span id='postcolor'>

Save your texture as a 24/32bit TGA file and then open them in Texview and save them as PAC/PAA

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ 17 May 2003,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could you post a pic about that problem?<span id='postcolor'>

Don't think he's got a problem. I just think he need som advice!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (silent_64 @ 17 May 2003,21:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ 17 May 2003,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could you post a pic about that problem?<span id='postcolor'>

Don't think he's got a problem. I just think he need som advice!<span id='postcolor'>

Yep smile.gif I prefer advices.

AKM74 have say me to use always "Sharpen" filter every 1 or 2 times in photoshop, or save in .tga 24 bits and not in other format for exportation. Always texture in 3DStudioMax.

Have you other advices ?

Vladimir

I was talking about this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have try to use un texture made by Marfy without conversion and a texture used for my BMP-3... my texture have strange range (not sure of word) and I don't see that and Marfy's texture... (I can post a screen if you don't understand).<span id='postcolor'>

Could you show me what you mean?