Sign in to follow this  
Uncle X

Espionage

I sugest spy options are added to OPF, you can already board any vehicle. Why not give the option to steal any clothes from dead or disabled soldiers.

Wile walking slowy, and not doing anyting suspicious you would not be reconized.

But as soon as youre seen running from up close, or doing anyting suspicious. The enemy will look for that character. (The same as done in Hitman 2)

Just think about the cool missions you could make, with lots of infiltration behind enemy lines.

Also some silent weapons should be added namely:

A knife

Fiber wire

A silent sniper rifle that only fires acurate at 150 mtrs. (HK PSG-1 SD)

And of course, a spy unit:

With a nice civilian James Bond style suit.... dont for get the red rose on it.

It would be even more nice if there would be a diving suit for any unit!

Enabeling the unit to swim under water for a long time.

Taking of the diving suit would give any unit his original clothes since the are worn under the diving suit.

So the spy unit wil wear his spy suit with red rose under the diving suit..... Heheh Bond...

The spy unit should have a strong English accent!

And there should be some underwater weapons to:

I what tinking of a harpoon rifle that works out the watter to.

And another silent weapon a crossbow!

Well uncle x I'm not really sure if you were joking in some of your statements there, but I dont think that it will be good if there was a Bond copy in the game, however I like the spy idea... smile.gif

Good idea uncle X. And sunglasses, a drink, a watch with the voice of monneypenny wink_o.gif

dutch_flag-on.gif

OFP aint a spy game though really is it?

I understand what you're all saying. An element of stealth etc are really good but Bond isnt really realistic is it?

Maybe advanced Black-Op missions.

I think the idea of stealing clothes and sneaking around like your Sam Fisher is great but lets be realistic? do you really want this in a WAR SIM?rock.gif??

Ofcoursenot, the ability to carry and drop bodies is a good idea which has been suggested but whatever happened to the satisfaction of shootin someone in the head?rock.gif???

In modern warfare espionage would be much more an Special forces task than a spy.

the SAS and other Commando units provide inteligients in wartimes.

Still think espionage is part of modern warfare.....

And taking other characters clothers, is the logical thing to do if you don't want to get caught.

And man I made levels for OPF that make "Band of Brothers" look boring....

Spying enables you to check behind enemy lines, with lowered risk of getting shot.

It is just a good Idea.

And the Bond Unit?? I still tink it should be in.... as a joke at least! a cicilian unit with a smoking and red rose.... Why not?

If you have a dive suit that jou can wear just as you can wear a paracute now....

You could make a bond style mission! Why all misions have to be realistic.... Bond can be pretty realistic sometimes! And a large amy presence is part of a good a good bond film.

I made several BOND missions for OPF already! TRUST ME THEY ARE COOL!!

I use black OPS as the "Dubbel O" section of MI5 in this mission.

The mission is based on the movie: "The living daylights" where the "Dubbel O" section makes a para insertion at the beginning of the movie!

The mission kicks ass so that is how I got to the Idea to make spying part of the game!

So really a bond style character would not be a bad thing to have for the editor!

Spies only wears enemy uniforms in crappy movies. Today, spies are made of metal and float in space, while sabotage is done by black ops.. so there. wink_o.gif

Spies only wears enemy uniforms in crappy movies. Today, spies are made of metal and float in space, while sabotage is done by black ops.. so there.  wink_o.gif

That was actually well said smile_o.gif

This also happen to be a terrible, wrong assumption. Your 'metal spies in the sky' can be fooled, and they can't read enemy papers particularely well, not listen in to their conversations. In general, they are also not particulacularely useful for intelligence as it relates to small units. (This is why the US has like, you know, other surveillance hardware?) ... Blackops can go in and commit sabotage, but blackops won't really be able to steal plans from secured facilities without pretty much provoking a war. THat's where spies come in.

Not to mention blackops aren't well suited to subtly manipulating anything. Again: Spies.

Quote[/b] ]not listen in to their conversations

have you never heard of SIGINT, GCHQ or the NSA?  rock.gif  Satellites can be fooled visually by 'maskirovka' the art camouflage, concealment and deception but they are excellent for communications intelligence. As for stealing plans and cultivating agents that isn't really what OFP is about, its much too cerebral!! I want blood!

BTW Uncle X

Quote[/b] ]a cicilian unit with a smoking and red rose
which Bond had a red rose?! I don't remember him being of the House of Lancaster!

You guys watch too much tv, and hitman/splinter cell in opf2 would definetly ruin the sequel of my favorite war sim OPF mad_o.gif , i did play and finish both those games though tounge_o.gif .

Yes, I'm well aware what SIGINT is. It is in fact part of my field. ;)

I was pointing out that sattelites cannot replace spies. Same goes for blackops. I'm not saying wether they should be included or not in OFP - I'm merely stating that anyone who's thinking that spies can be replaced by sattelites and black ops is dead wrong.

Yes, I'm well aware what SIGINT is.  It is in fact part of my field. ;)

I was pointing out that sattelites cannot replace spies.  Same goes for blackops.  I'm not saying wether they should be included or not in OFP - I'm merely stating that anyone who's thinking that spies can be replaced by sattelites and black ops is dead wrong.

On-the-spot spies are really bribed traitors, i.e. key people  already working for the enemy and of their nationality, who are paid huge sums or other goodies to sell out on their countrymen and/or employers.. not Clint Eastwood donning a nazi uniform and walking into a nazi infantry camp... he'd be revealed in 20 sec.

So these kind of spies would not at all fit into OFP, as they're not airdropped actors, but enemy traitors.

EDIT: I'm sure you can dig up some extraordinary story about one man who actually did that, but it would be an exception from the rule and thus not an argument.