Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

The matrix: reloaded

I can't imagine what will happen if matrix got the lovely blue screen :P

they'd have to restart and we'd all have deja vu ;)

i dont think C-anne moss is that hot either, but they had to stick with her for the sequel, otherwise it would of just been too much of a change for me (didnt they do a flashback of her too?)

i didnt like how it ended though. i would of preferred to have more of a conclusion. more of an "end of the chapter" ending than "you cant read more until you turn the page" ending. nothing really big happened.

if that makes any sense. crazy_o.gif

I saw Reloaded yesterday. I thought that the action was very nice, just like in the first movie, and I don't really mind any oh-my-god-it-looks-like-CGI-that-sucks-big-time, since in my opinion even computer games have adequate graphics already (it's the story that matters, graphics are just a tool).

The plot was a lot better than in the first movie, especially since they explained some dumb things that were in the first one. And to include themes like "religion is just one type of mind-control" is excellent in my book. Of course you cannot expect to have a really good plot in an action flick, but the plot of Reloaded was a move to a better direction.

In my opinion, the shallowness of the characters (they seem a little non-human like a lot of people have whined) is intentional (and even if it is not it fits the movie perfectly). In this way, the characters seem like only half-awake, lost in the question of what is real and what is not, especially since even dreams have the ability to kill you. If you would have to struggle to stay sane every second of your existence, see how human you would appear to your peers. The best demonstration of what I mean is the sex scene, where Neo, engaged in the very basic vertebra level action of screwing, is still unable to shake the anxiety and ends up reliving his vision of Trinity's death (dreams invading the reality again).

I think you should be clinically depressed to truly appreciate Matrix:Reloaded, because then you could really indentify with the half-awake-half-asleep characters.

Yes, same here. A bit *ahem* old for me.

I also thought that all of the Zioners (Zionese? Zioners?) having that party in that cave was a bit random.

I got the idea that that scene was used as a weak excuse to show breasts biggrin_o.gif

I also thought that all of the Zioners (Zionese? Zioners?) having that party in that cave was a bit random.

I got the idea that that scene was used as a weak excuse to show breasts  biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

I suppose its what sells tickets to see the film isnt it.

I got the idea that that scene was used as a weak excuse to show breasts  biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

I suppose its what sells tickets to see the film isnt it.

Which is pretty sad, the movie should be entertaining on its own without breasts. Dont get me wrong i dont hold a grudge against breasts wink_o.gif Seems to me that recently there have been more and more instances of unnecesary breast-showing comming from Hollywood. Maybe where the music industry only manages to market for 13 year old girls the movie industry is doing the same for 13 year old boys this way.

just my 2cents:

let me tell u, ive seen the movie twice now (both times in cinema) and i obsolutely love it. Of cource it has its pitfalls (just as any other movie that was ever created) such as the most depressing and worst ever sex scene crazy_o.gif anyway if ur looking for action the highway scene makes up for all the boring moments of the movie - a perfect combination of great music, fast action, great special effects. I would advise to watch the movie more than once to get into the plot completely.

But hey its just me, Im a complete Matrix nut (seen the original somewhere close to 30 times since release) so my opinion could be different.

I guess I'll rant about the sex/dance scene too. I hated it. It had absolutely nothing to do with the plot, as most sex scenes do. I just expected more from a movie that has such a great plot going.

15 minutes into the movie and 5 minutes long, ruined the beginning of it for me.

And when did it say that religion was a form of mind control? I remember in the first movie morpheus said that you'd get sort of a matrix cookie for going to church (as well as paying your taxes, showing up to work on time, playing OFP), but that's not using it as a form of mind control.

Did I miss something? To be honest I don't think they denied religion at all, despite the constant use of mainly religious terms (zion, prophet, "the one").

And when did it say that religion was a form of mind control?  I remember in the first movie morpheus said that you'd get sort of a matrix cookie for going to church (as well as paying your taxes, showing up to work on time, playing OFP), but that's not using it as a form of mind control.

Hhmmmm, let's see: The humans as depicted in the film, did not have any other religion except the belief on the One (that only some chose to adopt). As far as religions go, worshipping the One fullfills all the landmarks of a religion: temples, prophecies, gifts to the messiah, etc. Unfortunately the whole One-religion was another mind control trick by the machines to keep dissidents like Morpheus the Fanatic under control. Hell, Morpheus might have otherwise dreamed up a plan of his own to cause some real shit to the machines, if he did not blindly believe that the messiah (the One) will deliver everybody as soon as the prophecy is fullfilled and spend all his energy on fullfilling the religious fantasy.

And the look on the face of the fanatic (Morpheus), when the prophecies turn out to be bullshit... That really made my day, since I'd like to see that look on the face of every fanatically religious dimwit on this planet.   wink_o.gif

On the whole, I liked Matrix:Reloaded a lot

The plus side:

-Decent plot with a few nice twists and turns in the second half of the movie

-Sexy weapons, especially the UMP45 in the highway chase scene

-Good action. Maybe not as mind-boggling as in the first one, but it is to be expected, since the novelty does wear off

-Biting portrail of some of the human traits like the herd instict and the need for blind belief in some higher power

-The Animatrix, especially "The Second Renaissance", parts I and II

-Suitably dark atmosphere

The minus side:

-The dreadlock albino twins as über-villians

-Bloody annoying French guy with his orgasm cake

-Keanu has to train martial arts some more before he looks on par with the Hong-Kong action movies

-The use of humans as an energy source. It's still a silly premise

The "what the hell side", hopefully to be explained in Revolutions:

-How come Neo #6 turned out differently from his predecessors?

-Neo pulling a superhero trick against those sentinels in the real world?

Quote[/b] ]Hhmmmm, let's see: The humans as depicted in the film, did not have any other religion except the belief on the One (that only some chose to adopt). As far as religions go, worshipping the One fullfills all the landmarks of a religion: temples, prophecies, gifts to the messiah, etc. Unfortunately the whole One-religion was another mind control trick by the machines to keep dissidents like Morpheus the Fanatic under control. Hell, Morpheus might have otherwise dreamed up a plan of his own to cause some real shit to the machines, if he did not blindly believe that the messiah (the One) will deliver everybody as soon as the prophecy is fullfilled and spend all his energy on fullfilling the religious fantasy.

I must of missed something. I understand that Morpheus thought Neo was "the one" and that he believed that a prophecy would come true, but how does that make it a religion? He just thinks this stuff is going to happen.

Quote[/b] ]And the look on the face of the fanatic (Morpheus), when the prophecies turn out to be bullshit... That really made my day, since I'd like to see that look on the face of every fanatically religious dimwit on this planet. wink_o.gif

Hey, one of us has to be right. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hhmmmm, let's see: The humans as depicted in the film, did not have any other religion except the belief on the One (that only some chose to adopt). As far as religions go, worshipping the One fullfills all the landmarks of a religion: temples, prophecies, gifts to the messiah, etc. Unfortunately the whole One-religion was another mind control trick by the machines to keep dissidents like Morpheus the Fanatic under control. Hell, Morpheus might have otherwise dreamed up a plan of his own to cause some real shit to the machines, if he did not blindly believe that the messiah (the One) will deliver everybody as soon as the prophecy is fullfilled and spend all his energy on fullfilling the religious fantasy.

I must of missed something.  I understand that Morpheus thought Neo was "the one" and that he believed that a prophecy would come true, but how does that make it a religion?  He just thinks this stuff is going to happen.

Quote[/b] ]And the look on the face of the fanatic (Morpheus), when the prophecies turn out to be bullshit... That really made my day, since I'd like to see that look on the face of every fanatically religious dimwit on this planet.   wink_o.gif

Hey, one of us has to be right.  wink_o.gif

What do you think a religion is FS? It's a set system of beliefs and dogma. Ergo, the One prophecy qualifies as a religion.

Although Link's girlfriends lucky charms indicated that there were other superstitions/religions floating around Zion.

On the whole, I liked Matrix:Reloaded a lot

The plus side:

-Decent plot with a few nice twists and turns in the second half of the movie

-Sexy weapons, especially the UMP45 in the highway chase scene

-Good action. Maybe not as mind-boggling as in the first one, but it is to be expected, since the novelty does wear off

-Biting portrail of some of the human traits like the herd instict and the need for blind belief in some higher power

-The Animatrix, especially "The Second Renaissance", parts I and II

-Suitably dark atmosphere

The minus side:

-The dreadlock albino twins as über-villians

-Bloody annoying French guy with his orgasm cake

-Keanu has to train martial arts some more before he looks on par with the Hong-Kong action movies

-The use of humans as an energy source. It's still a silly premise

The "what the hell side", hopefully to be explained in Revolutions:

-How come Neo #6 turned out differently from his predecessors?

-Neo pulling a superhero trick against those sentinels in the real world?

Just my 2cent comments on this post:

Quote[/b] ]-Sexy weapons, especially the UMP45 in the highway chase scene

aaaight man..eer...whatever turns u on tounge_o.gif ....j/k

Quote[/b] ]-Good action. Maybe not as mind-boggling as in the first one, but it is to be expected, since the novelty does wear off

personally a 15 min bullet-shootin-car-crash-samurai-explosive highway action scene is a novelty 4 me, I dunno maybe i missed one in the first Matrix tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-The dreadlock albino twins as über-villians

What do you mean a minus side? Theyre probably the coolest villains ever in a movie.

Quote[/b] ]-Bloody annoying French guy with his orgasm cake

I thought this was actually pretty funny:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"I love frrrench language. Especially to currrse. It's like wiping your arse with silk" crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-How come Neo #6 turned out differently from his predecessors?

Aight this is gonna b a bit tricky: There have been 5 predissecors b4 Neo and all had come to the guy in the end. All of them had a choice of two doors. If you open door 1 (say we call it A for later reference) Zion gets destroyed, the one unites with the source of the matrix and he has a choice of 24 (or something close) humans to be unplugged from the matrix to start a new Zion > a new Matrix era is begun until a new "the One" emerges and everything repeats.

The other door (door B) gets you back to the Matrix however since the one is not able to unite with the source it causes a fatal error in the system and everyone that is plugged in the matrix dies, and so does zion >> destruction of all human kind.

Now all the Ones b4 neo choose door A because they were different from Neo > he is the only one that fell in love. So he chose door B inorder to save Trinity so we see what happens in Revolutions.

Quote[/b] ]-Neo pulling a superhero trick against those sentinels in the real world?

There has been some speculation on this. This is a theory some of us formed:

In order to keep total control over the human race the mashenes have a matrix within a matrix. So when Neo and his friends think their free they are really just in another matrix. Now this is 100% control over the humanity as they believe they are free although they are not.

well yeah, the people that are free'd are still inside a matrix. Neo gets this, and starts to bend the rules there too.

Me I liked the combat scenes, I thought the ones in the first one wernt long enough, these were great!

Those two white dudes had cool FX, but they wernt that good assasins.

Neo kicks ass!

Quote[/b] ]aaaight man..eer...whatever turns u on   ....j/k

UMP 45 is a great gun which is rarely seen in the movies. Hollywood seems to have a fixation on MP5s.

Quote[/b] ]personally a 15 min bullet-shootin-car-crash-samurai-explosive highway action scene is a novelty 4 me, I dunno maybe i missed one in the first Matrix

I meant the concept of the action sequences which was truly revolutionary in the Matrix. In Reloaded they are better, bigger, faster and more Silicon Graphics-intensive, but they aren't revolutionary.

Quote[/b] ]What do you mean a minus side? Theyre probably the coolest villains ever in a movie.

Well, I just thought they were overdone. All that dispersing into mist and getting back together... Now Agent Smith, there's a real badass villian.

Quote[/b] ]Now all the Ones b4 neo choose door A because they were different from Neo > he is the only one that fell in love. So he chose door B inorder to save Trinity so we see what happens in Revolutions.

Hmm, what makes you think that the other Neos weren't in love with Trinity? I think that scene has more to do with Wachowski brothers' favorite subject: predetermination vs. free will. Anyhow, those were just my impressions, and I'm sure lots of people saw the movie from a different perspective (as you can see from this thread).

Quote[/b] ]Hmm, what makes you think that the other Neos weren't in love with Trinity?

Cuz the old man in the end says so..."...but ur the only one who's been affected by love".

Well, I just thought they were overdone. All that dispersing into mist and getting back together... Now Agent Smith, there's a real badass villian.

Has anyone seen the teasertrailerthingy for Matrix:Revolutions?

There is a quick climse of Smith doing his evil villain laugh, it sent shivers down my spine biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: *sings* 666 (post) The number of the beast *sings* \m/

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]-How come Neo #6 turned out differently from his predecessors?

Aight this is gonna b a bit tricky: There have been 5 predissecors b4 Neo and all had come to the guy in the end. All of them had a choice of two doors. If you open door 1 (say we call it A for later reference) Zion gets destroyed, the one unites with the source of the matrix and he has a choice of 24 (or something close) humans to be unplugged from the matrix to start a new Zion > a new Matrix era is begun until a new "the One" emerges and everything repeats.

The other door (door B) gets you back to the Matrix however since the one is not able to unite with the source it causes a fatal error in the system and everyone that is plugged in the matrix dies, and so does zion >> destruction of all human kind.

Now all the Ones b4 neo choose door A because they were different from Neo > he is the only one that fell in love. So he chose door B inorder to save Trinity so we see what happens in Revolutions.

As I stated in an earlier post, and as mentioned above, it deals with Determinism vs. Free Will. The machines lack free will. They have no aversion to destroying the humans as evidenced by the Architect saying "There are certain levels of existence which we are prepared to accept." So why don't they destroy these pesky humans that keep causing trouble?

They lack the free will and ability to make the choice.

So they come up with Neo (The One). A deliberatly flawed program, meant to make the choice the machines can't make. Each Neo version is gradually more and more flawed (or human...however you want to look at it) until finally the culmination of the human emotion of love, that which will wipe out logical thinking and assure that Neo makes the "wrong" choice. There is no evidence that the previous Neo's ever had a "love" choice (listen to their reactions on the screens....they also disappear when the "love" choice is given...insinuating that they never had the choice).

I dunno if anyone posted that yet, but me and my friend have a theory is that Matrix is like Windows, it has heaps of tasks and programs and like windows it has a recycle bin to get rid of old and useless and buggy programs. Zion is like recycle bin! Morpheus, Neo, Trinity and other guys were created by the Matrix to find old and useless humans and put them into recycle bin, and as you do in windows recycle bin has to be emptied at one stage or another! Hence the destruction of the Zion (Emptying Recycle Bin)! So everything in the movies was the plan of the Matrix, humans have no chance of ever getting free, cause there is no "free"! Neo it that case is actually one of the agents who's purpose is to deal a final blow to the Zion! Easy!

guess theres been more then about a hundred matrixes on my comp tounge_o.gif

*purposely deletes files to destroy zion.*

muwhahahaha wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

Interesting idea antichrist.

@ May 29 2003,00:41)]What do you think a religion is FS? It's a set system of beliefs and dogma. Ergo, the One prophecy qualifies as a religion.

Although Link's girlfriends lucky charms indicated that there were other superstitions/religions floating around Zion.

Sorry, dinner caught me in the middle of posting the reply.

Anyway, a religion usually involved a god, normally something supernatural (or believe in the opposite, that there is no god or supernatural). Believing that what someone told you is going to happen is not, in my book at least, a religion.

Anyway, a religion usually involved a god, normally something supernatural (or believe in the opposite, that there is no god or supernatural).  Believing that what someone told you is going to happen is not, in my book at least, a religion.

Well, your book rules out a significant portion of the world's religions, including Buddhism. Buddhism has no deity to speak of, and neither does it mention the existence or nonexistence thereof. It does have established dogma and articles of faith, which, despite what's in your book, are the aspects that make a religion a religion. Belief in a supreme being is merely belief- religion is structured and organized faith. But when you actualy look at it, the One prophecy qualifies as a religion, even by your own narrow guidelines.

The One prophecy in a nutshell: At one point a man was born within the Matrix that could control and change any aspect of the Matrix that he saw fit (sounds like a God to me). When he died, the Oracle (read: prophet) said that he would return, and fulfill the prophecy that the One would destroy the Matrix and free mankind (saviour alert).

Am I missing something? This is New Testament 101 we're talking about here. The trilogy just throws out the usual Christlike imagery in exchange for a cyberpunk setting, changes a few details, adds some existential philosophy, a smattering of Eastern religious tie-ins, and bam- you've got yourself the entire Matrix concept.