Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

The matrix: reloaded

This movie fuckin' rocked my socks off and to anyone who says it sucks, I strongly disagree. I didn't quite notice the special effects because they were so fuckin' awesome! The highway scene had me grinning like an idiot with joy, especially the part where the trucks collide and blow up.

what happened to Tank?, also i loved the twists in the plot when neo got to the architect and explained what would happen, i did not see that one comming, yes the fight seens did seem a little overdrawn and i did spot the CGI (because we see them all the time so i can spot them so easily) neo but said to myself could they have done that scene anyway else, short answer NO, long answer , i dont think they could have done it any other way. tounge_o.gif

Its a film, to those who say it suck, get over yourself its a fun movie you over anylize it too much but i supposes you would not be happy about any movie if it was not about OFP just like all the games that come through you compare it to OFP.

what happened to Tank?

Link and his lady talked about it. I figure that he later died of comlicatons from his wounds taken when Cipher shot him in the first movie.

That's my guess.

I didnt think this was phenomenal cinema, but it's certainly not as bad as Denoir makes it out to be biggrin_o.gif

what happened to Tank?

Link and his lady talked about it.  I figure that he later died of comlicatons from his wounds taken when Cipher shot him in the first movie.

That's my guess.

I didnt think this was phenomenal cinema, but it's certainly not as bad as Denoir makes it out to be biggrin_o.gif

yea i was just wondering how he died, but movies i am looking forward to are T3 (just for how the Machines launch all those nukes smile_o.gif ), Bad Boys 2, and some movie with Jan travolta and Samuel l Jackson and all about interigation, and revolutions, just to see how they defend Zion, cause the animatrix scenes when the Humans and machines clash was cool.

what happened to Tank?

Link and his lady talked about it.  I figure that he later died of comlicatons from his wounds taken when Cipher shot him in the first movie.

That's my guess.

I think it was talked about earlier...but Link's character was originally Tank, but supposedly he wanted too much money. So out he got written...

The logical explanantion would be that he died of his wounds. But since there has clearly been some time passed since the first movie, it technically could have been another incident.

Also if you expect everything to be wrapped up nicely in the last movie, I wouldn't hold your breath. It's not the style nor the theme of series I wager. Expect to leave with questions.

You'd be right on that point for another reason: The Matrix online. The Matrix online is a MMORPG set to come out sometime in 2004 based in the Matrix world. It will be set after the Matrix:Revolutions so Revolutions can't be totally conclusive or else there wouldn't be a plot for the the Matrix Online. The creators of the Matrix, the Wachowski brothers have said that the three films only cover a small part of the Matrix world, a bit like Tolkiens world. You can read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, but you still haven't read all about Middle Earth.

Please don`t compare J.R.R. Tolkiens Middleearth stories (The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, The forgotten Stories, ...) with the Matrix!!! crazy_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

wink_o.gif

It's certainly the worst thing I've seen since xXx.

I'm all for the suspention of disbelief when watching movies, but this one was too much. I cannot believe that sombody over the age of 10 actually like this movie.

Even looking at the superficial elements makes you disappointed. What did they spend all their money on when the animations of CG neo and CG trinity are worse then in a bloody computer game. Even the fight on the truck looked like a movie from the '50s with that badly superimposed background.

Argh. I'm still bloody furious for wasting my time watching that crap mad_o.gif

I thought it was....... interesting....... I saw it last night and these are the points that I would like to raise about it:

Firstly........ what is that city that they use? The one which they are going around on the freeway?

I didnt like the clothes that NEO wore through the movie.

I thought that the fight with lots of Smith clones was odd. It looked too much like a computer game to be honest.

I dont get why NEO didnt just kill the people during the fight on the staircase bit, if he'd have killed them they wouldnt have come back at him!

Why didnt NEO do that thing that he did in the last film to kill the agents? where he jumps inside them?

Trinity didnt look so attractive in this film. To be honest at the end she looked like 40 years old.

AND MY FINAL POINT:

I dont like the bit where hes talking to 'the architect'. Its like the director wanted us to completely lose the plot in this part, because they use such complicated language. Could someone explain to me WHY Zion had already been destroyed 6 times?! rock.gif

I would love to hear your opinions/ comments on the points that I have raised.

I enjoyed this film immensely the plot was great, I did think the CGI scenes could have been done better than they were, but they were adequate.

Out of interest denoir, what did you think of the original matrix?

RED

@Denoir: Ack!

The whole movie lacked of timing crazy_o.gif. Look at the action scene "Neo against dozens of Smiths". It was too long, after some minutes you get annoyed by repeated combat moves. And: due to the totally wrong cut/timing the sfx were revealed (Neo seemed "low-poly"). Or when Neo visits the oracle: The fight against the bodyguard was too long --unnecessarily.

I'm a fan of action movies, I like Woo-movies with cool stunts and perfect choreography (you can flame me for that, but I liked M:I2, especially the motocycle stunts!). Matrix 1 had good timing and a variety of stunts, perfect action movie!

It seemed Matrix:Reloaded wanted to top it's prequel --and failed. More combat scenes --but nothing new or cool, instead repetition of well-known elements. Long combat scenes --too long for the sfx. New characters --but the keymaker was some kind of silly, the new enemies seem to be "dead ends" for action scenes. After all there were some BattleMechs/HeavyGears. wink_o.gif

Other silly moments: Neo's escape from the centre of the Matrix (Superman, fist ahead!!!). Neo throwing away many Smith, swirling around one Smith to fight the others (Obelix!!!). And Neo's greatcoat looked like a black wedding dress (although I like it's mandarine-type stand-up collar it should've ended at the knees).

Good: the motocycle scene on the highway.

Intelligent: the oracle as a superior program.

Interesting: the transfer of one instance of Smith into the real world. Btw: Is it the real world? Regarding the scene after the destruction of the Nebukadnezar I had to think of the ST TNG episode "Ship in a Bottle"...

Let's hope the best for Matrix:Revolution. And: The Animatrix is better... biggrin_o.gif

P.S.: Yes, there was also some kind of story... but Matrix got more content --"There's no spoon!"

P.P.S.: Don't say "Hey, you simply didn't understand the story!", because it seemed that even the creators didn't know where to head in the plot... biggrin_o.gif

Out of interest denoir, what did you think of the original matrix?

I liked it very much.

Why is this thread still unlocked? Doesn't it violate subject matter rules?

Quote[/b] ]Why is this thread still unlocked? Doesn't it violate subject matter rules?
Nah

Quote[/b] ]Why is this thread still unlocked?  Doesn't it violate subject matter rules?
Nah

This is from Suma:

Quote[/b] ]Off-topic forum is here so that you can discuss things that are somewhat related to the game, but not about the game itself. The forum subtitle reads:

"about wars, military conflicts and everything what pertinent to Army"

Even if this forum section is called Offtopic, it is still part of Operation Flashpoint discussion board - and any topics that are completely unrelated to OFP can be closed or deleted. We see no reason why we should dedicate our bandwidth and hosting space to such discussions.

If you want to talk about something else or about nothing at all, there is plenty of spaces on the web where you can do it (like public chat rooms, some newsgroup or IRC).

Quote[/b] ]Firstly........ what is that city that they use? The one which they are going around on the freeway?

Sydney, Australia. Says so in the credits.

Quote[/b] ]Off-topic forum is here so that you can discuss things that are somewhat related to the game, but not about the game itself. The forum subtitle reads:

"about wars, military conflicts and everything what pertinent to Army"

Imo Matrix suits here. Science fiction war, but still a war

Why is this thread still unlocked?  Doesn't it violate subject matter rules?

Ok, PitViper, I count this the fifth time you violate

Quote[/b] ]§6)No discussion on how the forum is moderated

All comments about how the forum is moderated and your opinions on the moderators should be sent by PM to the moderator whose decision you disagree with.

You get one week's PR.

Threads that are not in the sanctioned topic category CAN be closed at the discretion of the moderators. It does not mean that every such thread WILL be closed.

Quote[/b] ]§6)No discussion on how the forum is moderated

All comments about how the forum is moderated and your opinions on the moderators should be sent by PM to the moderator whose decision you disagree with.

That should tie up your objections rather well, Mr. Viper. smile_o.gif

Suma has seen fit to close several threads he thought were too OT.  He hasnt touched this one, and neither have the moderators, so perhaps it's just on topic enough to be not too off topic.  Mmkay?

Oh..yeah.... What Denoir said too!

Does Matrix Reloaded really suck? I mean should we go and see something like Johnny English instead?

wavey.gif

If you can overlook some of the bad CGI scenes and liked the Matrix there is a good chance you will like this.

RED

If you can overlook some of the bad CGI scenes and liked the Matrix there is a good chance you will like this.

RED

hmm ok i wouldn´t even (probably) notice them  wink_o.gif

Does Matrix Reloaded really suck? I mean should we go and see something like Johnny English instead?

wavey.gif

MMM...i feel Bruce Almighty is better than Matrix:reloaded

wavey.gif

Something that i can see in Sweden, please tounge_o.gif

wavey.gif

Something that i can see in Sweden, please  tounge_o.gif

What about:

IKEA 2 - The Return of shelf Bjoern

tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif