Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Ranger Path - OFP Campaign

In Baseblast, it would be nice if the T80 tank crew would disembark after either the tank has taken on a certain amount of damage or if the commander has been killed.

I think a bug that owes more to OFP than the campaign ( I seem to remember something similar from resistance ). I completed 'mountain' as the only survivor than went on to 'action 2' playing alone. Needless to say didn't get far, reverted to 'mountain' and finished it with seven other men. On returning to 'action 2' I find I've lost my other survivors.

I don't know if there is a work round ( going back two missions? ) but I thought I'd mention it.

I don't know if there is a work round ( going back two missions? ) but I thought I'd mention it.

You could delete file \OperationFlashpoint\Users\YourPlayerName\Saved\Tmp\pmc_ranger_path.sqc, and use the CAMPAIGN cheat to revert to the mission but that would be with a full team and you wouldn't want that, would ya? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]you wouldn't want that, would ya?

rock.gif

Mayby try once more as a solo Rambo.

Okay, I gave up and cheated.

Snake, in the same mission ( action 2 ) you seem to have forgotten to initialise the AI for assault1. The mission works but none of the fancy stuff happens.

Additionally, and I do apologise for my screwing around with all your hard work, but I've been experimenting with a variation whereby only officers can call in artillary support rather than every grunt in the country. It seems to work quite well but thats just my 2cents.

I didn't like it. It was just too generic. Capture the town, capture the base, capture the airfield, capture the fuel depot. Every once in a while there'd be a good mission like the POW missions or the sniper mission, but it was just too much of the same.

Quote[/b] ]Capture the town, capture the base, capture the airfield, capture the fuel depot

Isn't that pretty much a description of most military operations?

I'll admit I like a bit of action with helos and armour but I think this campaign offers enough variation in the way missions play out. The advance AI keeps you on your toes sufficiently and there are plenty of little delights. Calling in close air support in 'action 2' and having the A10 zoom in rght over our heads was worth playing that mission for in itself.

Your not wrong that its 'generic' but Snake Man has done it so well that I can't complain.

Another bug - Snake in some missions you have given assault1 a value 0,0,0,0,1,1 in the initialisation. I was playing the Pilots mission and the first time I spotted an enemy patrol half my unit ran away! Not a great advert for the rangers.

I wouldn't know, I'm not a soldier. But when I play a game I want to do something new and exciting, not the same thing with a different view.

I like PMC's campaigns because they're not far fetched and exotic. The over campaign story line portrays a realistic type of goal of conquering and securing another area of the island.

Back to the campaign..................

Those artillery barrages are a real over-killer. There's just no warning and moving around doesn't always help.

Snake Man, if you won't eliminate them at least:

1. Make them more innacurate.

2. Fire fewer rounds - maybe just a single each time.

3. Make the first round inaccurate, forcing the player to move quick or die.

Does anybody have a good solution for 'decapitate', The mission where you have to kill a general defended by half the red army?

By good I mean not involving huge amounts of luck, superhuman effort against hoards of armour or cheating by knowing where things are from previous efforts. I can complete it but I'm not satisfied with the way I did it. Even making it to the extract without the helo being shot down seems to be more luck than design. So any solid and reliable plans would be very welcome.

I just shot him from a way off. Grabeed a sniper rifle, trotted over to a hill and popped the guy with the black hat. Don't think I took any fire, but those tanks scrambled to look at me.

I did have to knock out a BMP that got too nosey towards the rest of my squad (I left them behind so I wouldn't have to deal with them or worry about them blowing my cover. Plus I hate them showing into the radio and startling me to call out a pretty bird they saw or something).

Another thing that kinda bugged me: landmines. Does the enemy just randomly toss them out there? Somehow they knew about most of the LZs before I got there. I can understand a few places being fortified with landmines, but a SAR mission? How did they know I was going to land there?

Quote[/b] ]I just shot him from a way off.

When I played it I could not get an angle on him, he was tucked too far round a corner and getting a LOS on him meant coming within about 150m on the north or about 200m to the south. Suicide either way.

I just played the Airbase mission, where you start off jumping from a C130 (can't wait for a quality C130).

This was one great mission! Russians were everywhere and those Spetsnaz patrolling in the bushes on the way to the fuel depot had me pinned down for quite some time.

Then the airbase was quite a treat. Nothing to it. My SAW bunnies did most of the hard work from a safe distance.

Now all I have to do is get used to not wearing binocs. tounge_o.gif

Having all kinds of problems with 'Bait'. The most obvious being what am I actually meant to do? Am I meant to destroy the tanks or simply place satchel charges? Either way I barely get time to do anything.

When I do try to flee the tanks seem to pursue me without hesitation and any attempt to evac usually results in the helo getting shot down before I can reach it.

Help big time would be appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]I just shot him from a way off.

When I played it I could not get an angle on him, he was tucked too far round a corner and getting a LOS on him meant coming within about 150m on the north or about 200m to the south. Suicide either way.

I still don't know how they mined our LZ in the first place.

To be honest I saw him prone in the middle of the street (huh?) and he was moving around so I noticed he was an officer.  I just shot him in the feet.  Eventually he got up and started running so I picked him off.

And I still don't know how they mined our LZ.

I'll type inn my problems here, since i dont want to register at the pmc board. To many things to remember:)

Problems: I played throug most of the missions. However this was an erlier beta version. 2 things ruined my experience:

Though I had non or very few losses in the previous mission i often found myself alone whit my men falling dead in the chopper. ( I suspect the save soldiers function doesnt work properly).

In i think capture the officer or something. The insertion doesn't work. I eject with my group and proceed with my mission. On making kontakt with the enemy i get ordered to withdraw, loose som ammo, all but 3 of my men and are ordered to a non existent point of escape. This happend in several missions. I suspect this was not intentional in any of them.

I have downloaded version 5. But i start alone on mission 2, even if i dont loose any men.

I use a seperate addons and campaigns folder for this and other campaigns based in post 1985. It has kegetys editoraddon incorporerated.

Could it be that i should use my res\addon folder and campaign for this to funktion properly?

I love the campaign and i am addicted to the savegame cheat:)

Hope you have a quick fix so i can cotinue with mission to again. This campaign has a high replay ability.

I have downloaded version 5. But i start alone on mission 2, even if i dont loose any men.

1) Delete the following folder:

\OperationFlashpoint\Users\yourPlayerName\Saved\campaigns\pmc_ranger_path\

2) Delete the following file:

\OperationFlashpoint\Users\yourPlayerName\Saved\Tmp\pmc_ranger_path.sqc

3) Use the CAMPAIGN SP cheat to revert to mission 2.

Quote[/b] ]I use a seperate addons and campaigns folder for this and other campaigns based in post 1985. It has kegetys editoraddon incorporerated.

Could it be that i should use my res\addon folder and campaign for this to funktion properly?

No.

Thank you young lady, it works! Now i can resume testing biggrin_o.gif

Does anybody have a good solution for 'decapitate', The mission where you have to kill a general defended by half the red army?

By good I mean not involving huge amounts of luck

I had a super amount of luck.

I was carrying an M24. Approaching the valley where the town was, it took me no time to see that going in head-on was suicide.

Further, having 8 guys running behind me might draw attention from those wandering BMPs. So I told my team to stop up above and keep low.

I headed a bit north up the ridge. Then I ran west across the lower grounds, having to hide twice - once from a patrol, another time from a BMP.

After reaching about 100 meters before the coast, I turned due south. Again I had to take cover from a roving BMP. I got within about 50 meters of the back of the town. I took out an AT soldier and made a quick run to some shrubs in between the back of two houses on the town's western edge.

I decide to crawl forward (east) between the two houses. There were shrubs on both ends of the alley way. I get to the shrub at the front of the house and stick my nose out, only to confront a group of Spetsnaz units. I was literally sniffing one guy's army boots.

So I back up the alley, hoping to go back far enough to toss a grenade. But I can't go back that far because there's a patrol to the west and a tank looking around. So I went back as far as I could and tossed the grenade while prone.

I crawled straight back into the alley. As I get midway, I notice a figure prone in the bushes in front of me, alive. So I popped him. That's when the radio message appeared that the primary target was no more.

smile_o.gif

Then I had to escape. Those Spetsnaz who were previously guarding the General were lurking in the back, looking for me. I took them out with the M24. I then ran towards the beach to the west and ran northward and then back east towards the mountains where my team was waiting.

They got spotted. sad_o.gif Though they took out one BMP another one finished them off before I let the BMP have it with my AT4. Only one teammate survived and he was wounded.

I didn't notice the 3rd BMP that fired at me. Fortunately, I was prone and on the edge of a ridge so I was only wounded and managed to escape. I managed to make it north of the EZ and radiod in the chopper. Then I saw the squad 100 meters in front of me. I managed to take out as many as I could see between the trees and bushes but when the chopper came in, it took on fire without returning any, turned around, flew east a little and crashed over the next hill.

I cried wee-wee-wee all the way back to the base on foot. My surviving teammate got stuck on some ridge or tree and never showed signs of getting closer to the base even when using 4x time acceleration.

Had to use the ENDMISSION cheat to complete the mission. sad_o.gif

A general suggestion for a change to many of the campaign missions:

After a chopper drops you at an LZ, it should move far away, land somewhere and shut off its engines.

Hearing the choppers hovering throughout missions is annoying and less realistic, IMO.

Quote[/b] ]I have downloaded version 5.

Theres a version 5?

And I've been having to iron out so many bugs for myself! I wonder how much time I've wasted.

Well I'm stuck on the attack base mission (#4?) where you hit the base on the coast. I"m in the forest and see a nice fat T-80 just sitting there. I tell my 2 AT guys to hit it, it's like 200-300m away and in the open. They proceed to move towards it, running around like morons, and when they do finally shoot, if they ever do, they miss it every time. Kinda kills the mission for me ya know?

I tell my 2 AT guys to hit it, it's like 200-300m away and in the open. They proceed to move towards it, running around like morons, and when they do finally shoot, if they ever do, they miss it every time.

There was an earlier post on the thread about a problem with BAS AT soldiers that need their skill level bumped up in order to hit the side of a barn.

Snake Man, was this adjusted? I've also encountered this in missions. rock.gif

Not according to the readme. This is still looking awfully BETA which is why I've been prodding about myself.

eg, No save points ( surely a mission shouldn't be designed for cheating ).

Mission Data - Briefing requires the player to retrieve data but victory conditions don't require the player to go anywhere near the house,

Over rapid response results in the evac helo getting shot down.

Mission Snatch - Rappel sequence has wrong helo declared. Team won't exit.

Random placement of General not activated, he always stands in the street in the same place.

Again too many machine gunners usually shoot down your evac.

Mission Morning - Assault command for second unit / snipers never activated.

Helo has a habit of tryibg to drop you too close to the enemy and getting shot down while evac tends to end up in the sea.

Briefing claims your in a Black Hawk when its actually the '47'.

Mission POW - One of the little birds always crashes enroute.

Not according to the readme. This is still looking awfully BETA which is why I've been prodding about myself.

Well.......................... it is beta.

Quote[/b] ] eg, No save points ( surely a mission shouldn't be designed for cheating ).

I use the SAVEGAME cheat when necessary.

Quote[/b] ]Over rapid response results in the evac helo getting shot down.

That's true in a number of missions. It should be mentioned in briefings that EZs should be clear before calling in choppers for evac.

I learned that leason in the Decapitate mission.

Quote[/b] ]Mission Snatch - Rappel sequence has wrong helo declared. Team won't exit.

Not the same problem but I have had several cases where I don't rappel down the rope but the rest of my team does. I just dangle off the bottom lip of the back ramp. I either have to jump or try moving around or switching between 1st/3rd person view to unjam myself.

I don't know if this is a BAS Chinook bug or a PMC scripting bug.