Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC Ranger Path - OFP Campaign

PMC Ranger Path Operation Flashpoint (OPF) Campaign

PMC Ranger Path campaign is US Army Ranger specific using Laser's Delta/Ranger, bas Blackhawk, Littlebird and Chinook addons. Missions are somewhat special in nature and you dont find same kind of basic infantry grunt action here as in PMC Fury. The lame storyline is much like in the other campaign where US forces fight off Russians from the four (official BIS) islands.

Some facts of PMC Ranger Path campaign:

- Radio messages without voice files, you'll see radio text but not hear a voice.

- Two cutscenes on every mission, these aren't that hot (sorry, don't expect BIS quality here).

- Thorough briefings, small section + detailed section.

- Over 20 missions and two standalone cutscenes.

- Islands used: Everon, Malden, Kolgujev and Nogova.

- Some missions might require lot CPU power (more or less 1ghz).

- Requires some addons; C-130, CoC UA/Mines, LSR Delta/Ranger, Bn880 Tracers, JAM3 etc.

- Optimized for 1500 meter viewdistance.

- Missions are designed for COOP multiplayer compatibility (MP versions will be released later).

Visit PMC OFP Campaigns page and PMC Ranger Path Official Forum Area for details.

Downloading the addons now. Where are the CoC mines anyway? smile.gif

Tried the first mission. It runs very smoothly on my computer. Suggestion: Can you use CoC's swiming people in the first level in an updated version? Pretty please with cordirite on top? tounge.gif

Okey dokey, finished the first mission, and now the second mission seems slightly hard, i have to attack the 'city' with four people, two machinegunners and a normal rifleman, and me, a rifleman, the city has about 30 or so troops and a BMP2, and i have no anti tank rockets to kill them with, the only russian RPG soldiers are stuck in the middle of the town, i have to kill about 20 of the soldiers before i even have the chance of getting near an RPG, so, ive kinda been dying a lot, i was just wondering, is this what you planned or is the number of people you start with based on the previous mission?

hehe Getting Old Evis biggrin.gif

I'll give this a try, thanks a lot for the Campaign Snake Man wink.gif

The amount of ammo is passed on to the next mission (the same as the number of soldiers in your group)

By the third mission I was completely out of ammo with only 4 men left in my team. It would be good to have a weapon selection from the briefing.

RED

@Avon

C130v1a.pbo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">addOnsAuto[]=

{

"BAS_derad",

"Bizon",

"C130v1a",

"bis_resistance",

"COCMine"

};

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Which C130 file is required?<span id='postcolor'>

Its the one that Gourka nicely pointed out, also I think this is the latest one. Good tip theavonlady, I have now updated our campaign page to reflect this specific version of C-130.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the third mission I was completely out of ammo with only 4 men left in my team. It would be good to have a weapon selection from the briefing.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm indeed in the FOURTH mission the players squad get resupply... this is too hard even for the hardcore. I mean you can get by when you pickup weapons from the enemies... but then it aint much of Ranger campaign if everyone is carrying AK-74 smile.gif

I'll do adjustments that the player gets fresh loads of ammunition in every mission, but the squad replacements arrive only at the fourth mission. I'll also add the gear selection in the briefing. Good note RED.

I wont make update today since ... well it was just released today, so lets wait at least until tomorrow and I'll gather up all urgent fixes there.

btw man am I shamed for the "deleted" hint on the first mission, yikes how could I left it there.

Mission 4 is very hard, I suggest adding a savegame in after the first objective. I got to the last objective killed most of the enemy there, and then an artillery barrage killed my whole team.

There seem to be quite a few mines, do they activate when the enemy walk over them? If not could you script it so they do, it would be useful to watch enemy patrols so you can avoid the minefields smile.gif

RED

Two bugs on mission 5:

1. When calling for ammo via the radio (0,1) you spelt sideradio wrong for the first sidechat text.

2. Alpha black has the identity of Bravo Black.

Mission 6 is good so far, half way through that one now.

RED

For mission 2 is there something special i have to do? i have been walking around for like 15 min and i cant find anyone else

mission 2 didnt end for me either, i used the endmission cheat.

those mines are lethal, i lost 2 ai just after start on mission 1

The kill the general mission is impossible, there is no way that I could take out that much armour.

I would suggest having less 'clear the town' missions, they get pretty repetitive after 4 or so. I enjoyed the SAR mission, this could do with a bit of fine tuning though, ie add another objective to the briefing when falling back so it is easier to know what is going on.

RED

When is the first mission with addons? I am up to the 7th mission and not a single addon. And so far, everyone is talking about missions that I never got to and passed. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LaPoi @ 16 May 2003,23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When is the first mission with addons? I am up to the 7th mission and not a single addon. And so far, everyone is talking about missions that I never got to and passed. crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

er, did you download 'Ranger Path' or the 'Fury' campaign?

Fury........ tounge.gif  Oh how I look stupid right now. wink.gif

Edit: I have a suggestion, in mission 6, instead of BIS parashutes, how about you use Gandalf 21vb's parashute?

skydiver.jpg

it's nice having to worry about claymores and other mines now smile.gif

The mines are cool, too bad the ai can't see them. Not sure if you can do with the ofp engine you can 'mark' them mines by right clicking on them so the ai is aware of them. Too many times 1 stray guy gets his head blown off as I try to stear my squad around the mines.

Nice work so far.

Can I make 2 requests/suggestions.

1. Please get rid of the ghastly inane racist cr*p that the soldiers are spewing. Yeah it was cute for about 10 seconds, but it almost never fit in with the action, even when we are silently moving towards a target they keep spouting their mouths off.

Sure that may be quite realistic wink.gif but its damned annoying, at least the option to disable it. PLEASE!

2. Can we have Campaign and Missions versions like other Campaign makers have done? It would be nice to have the choice of playing with teh same men and ammo, or starting each mission with a fresh squad.

Good stuff tho.

"kill the commie" is racist?

I've only played the 1st mission and that's all I've heard them say in that sense.

No I would not say it is racist, but I would suggest changing this feature. Make it so the AI and player only says these things while in combat (detect the ammo of the unit in for change, have a short random delay then play the sound)

RED