Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Ofp2 - latest news from codemasters

From my inbox:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well what can I say….it's on it's way and has finally been put into development at Bohemia Interactive Studios. The sequel to the award winning Operation Flashpoint has been clouded in secrecy regarding its location and time setting. But today is the day that I can finally reveal to you where the next game will be set. Unless you are at E3, consider this an exclusive wink.gif

Now there has been much speculation from the community on both the BIS Forums and on the Codemasters Forums with many a poll running on potential locations. The result showed that Vietnam was the most likely scenario but not necessarily the most wanted. This wasn't to be expected, but it's not a perfect world. So you may be shocked or not to hear that one of the Theatres of War will have a Southeast Asia setting. So in some ways most of you guessed right, but as you may have just picked up that is just one of three Theatre of War. Instead of one setting we thought we would spoil you and give you a mix of landscapes, weapons and missions.

The game will still strongly focus on the Nam setting but also include the other original theatres to vary the combat environments. So what are the other Theatre I hear you asking? Well there will be a Central European Theatre setting as well as an African Theatre. All will be based around the 1970s

so not quite as modern as some wanted but it will still have that original Flashpoint feel.

You can chat to other fans live at the Quakenet IRC Channel #flashpoint2

Also check out the forums at Codemasters Flashpoint2 Forum or at BIS Flashpoint2 Forums

If you haven't already you can sign up and register your interest at http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint2

Happy gaming to you all, Mike

Michael Rowland

Community Liaison Officer

IGI2/Battlefield Command/Op Flashpoint

Codemasters

ccc@codemasters.com<span id='postcolor'>