Sign in to follow this  
second_draw

Help a tourist?

I know this is rather "offtopic" offtopic but could you bear me out. Basically I need any infomation on Frankfurt and Dublin. The tickets are booked (somewhat) and soon you'll have one more group of Australian backpackers do deal with. smile.gif Any help appreciated, thanks for anything posted smile.gif

Umm, Frankfurt sux, nothing to see there, Dublin is cool, make sure to check out the Irish ales and the Irish Whiskey smile.gif

I was only like 10 or 11 when I lived in Frankfurt so can't help ya with first hand knowledge...but I would check Lonely Planet website, I'm sure they have lots of info especially about hostels and such.

Can say that Rhein-Main Airport is pretty cool. And the flight path over the autobahn and plane viewing area is awesome biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Umm, Frankfurt sux, nothing to see there, Dublin is cool, make sure to check out the Irish ales and the Irish Whiskey smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I know you didn't!!

I liked Frankfurt. The riverboat tour stopping at all the castles is quite cool! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The riverboat tour stopping at all the castles <span id='postcolor'>

*cough* boring *cough*

So what about these beers halls and so forth I hear about? wink.gif You Germans & Irish have good music festivals and stuff too I suppose? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ 11 May 2003,06:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Umm, Frankfurt sux, nothing to see there, Dublin is cool, make sure to check out the Irish ales and the Irish Whiskey smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

I know you didn't!!<span id='postcolor'>

Didn't what?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (second_draw @ 11 May 2003,06:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The riverboat tour stopping at all the castles <span id='postcolor'>

*cough* boring *cough*

So what about these beers halls and so forth I hear about? wink.gif You Germans & Irish have good music festivals and stuff too I suppose? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Beer+music, mate, you are in the wrong part of Germany!

Go to Munich in September and enjoy the October fest biggrin.gif (dont ask about the logic of having the october fest in september crazy.gif )

There is only one music festival in Europe that is worth mentioning - Glastonbury biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ 11 May 2003,06:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Umm, Frankfurt sux, nothing to see there, Dublin is cool, make sure to check out the Irish ales and the Irish Whiskey smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Didn't what?<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe...sorry..."Americanism"...

"I know you didn't"="I know you didn't just say/do something"...imagine me shakin' my head and doin' three snaps too and you can get a better idea of the meaning.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ 11 May 2003,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ 11 May 2003,06:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Umm, Frankfurt sux, nothing to see there, Dublin is cool, make sure to check out the Irish ales and the Irish Whiskey smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

"I know you didn't"="I know you didn't just say/do something"...imagine me shakin' my head and doin' three snaps too and you can get a better idea of the meaning.<span id='postcolor'>

Erm, something like "I can't believe you just said that" perhaps confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Beer+music, mate, you are in the wrong part of Germany!

Go to Munich in September and enjoy the October fest  biggrin.gif  (dont ask about the logic of having the october fest in september crazy.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

Damn...have to agree. Munich or the Berchestgarden area is the place to be.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Erm, something like "I can't believe you just said that" perhaps confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Close...also denotes that something you said was insulting in some manner to me. (Jokingly of course)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ 11 May 2003,06:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Erm, something like "I can't believe you just said that" perhaps confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Close...also denotes that something you said was insulting in some manner to me. (Jokingly of course)<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks wink.gif

2nd draw, be careful when in Dublin confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ 11 May 2003,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ 11 May 2003,06:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ 11 May 2003,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Umm, Frankfurt sux, nothing to see there, Dublin is cool, make sure to check out the Irish ales and the Irish Whiskey smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

"I know you didn't"="I know you didn't just say/do something"...imagine me shakin' my head and doin' three snaps too and you can get a better idea of the meaning.<span id='postcolor'>

Erm, something like "I can't believe you just said that" perhaps confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Uh-uh girlfriend! tounge.gif

Ok, this is as far as it goes wink.gif

Any more travelling advice, please PM to 2nd draw smile.gif

Any more advice on Americanisms, please PM to me wink.gif

Thanks tounge.gif