Sign in to follow this  
PitViper

Tears in the bundeswehr

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 19 May 2003,21:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm. I thought "wehr" translation was "offensive war" and  not "defense". my mistake.

"wehrmacht" = defense maker?? no.. I think "war maker".  Or am I  completely wrong?<span id='postcolor'>

"wehr" definatly has an defensive meaning. See "Notwehr" = self defense in german.

The "macht" in Wehrmacht isnt related to "machen" (to make), but to "Macht" (might, force).

So Wehrmacht could be translated "defense force".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NurEinMensch @ 19 May 2003,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 19 May 2003,21:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm. I thought "wehr" translation was "offensive war" and  not "defense". my mistake.

"wehrmacht" = defense maker?? no.. I think "war maker".  Or am I  completely wrong?<span id='postcolor'>

"wehr" definatly has an defensive meaning. See "Notwehr" = self defense in german.

The "macht" in Wehrmacht isnt related to "machen" (to make), but to "Macht" (might, force).

So Wehrmacht could be translated "defense force".<span id='postcolor'>

ahh.. thanks for correcting my mistranslation.

Wehrmacht is indeed a confusing name for an army which developped the tactics of Blitzkrieg... sad.gif

Thats true, but not surprising. Noone thinks of himself as the bad guy. (Ok, there are exceptions of that rule..)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ 12 May 2003,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the Netherlands? I wouldn't go there just for cheese... biggrin.gif  tounge.gif

Bundeswehr never could invade France in it's current situation.<span id='postcolor'>

Ahh, this reminds me of the nice little campaign me and my friend played in Steel Panthers 2. It was about a delicious little war between France and Germany in modern Europe.

The backstory was that a french nuclear reactor (which are by the way positioned near the borders of france) blows up and contaminates a part of Germany. The germans get pissed and demand the french to turn off other reactors nearby germany. When the french tell the germans to go spank a monkey, germans decide to go and shut down those reactors themselves...

It was a nice campaign. Lots of dead Le'clercs and Leopards. The germans BTW won... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ 20 May 2003,15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It was a nice campaign. Lots of dead Le'clercs and Leopards. The germans BTW won...  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

*ducks under the nearest table and waits for the fallout* tounge.gif

in fact some parts of german population (mainly in Bavaria) fear that something could go wrong with a Czech nuclear powerplant near the border. as we all know, eastern european nuclear technology isn't as safe as in the western part. remember Chernobyl. sad.gif

[sarcasm]

Hey, after all we are shutting down our german nuclear power plants. That's why we are save: the czech fall-out has to respect our borders!

[/sarcasm]

S.C.N.R.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ 20 May 2003,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[sarcasm]

Hey, after all we are shutting down our german nuclear power plants. That's why we are save: the czech fall-out has to respect our borders!

[/sarcasm]

S.C.N.R.<span id='postcolor'>

hehe that will change when they become EU members. biggrin.giftounge.gif

So what. Now that we shut our reactors (and sent all the radioactive garbish over to france) we buy the electricity from foreign nuclear plants. Our alternative sources of energy are called "energy-imports".

Reminds me of stalker...

Know zhe game, anyone?