Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Which theatre are you most looking forward to?

Well most of those games are Gulf war based and some are anti terrorist , i want some Arab-israel conflict games not yankees win everytime one tounge.gif

But anyway thanks for the long list i didnt know 2 of them biggrin.gif

I voted Vietnam since if done right it would be claustrophobic and eery. If the game retains all it can do already African landscape would be a cinch but Vietnam would put new strains on it and I want to see how they manage it.

Hopefully the visibility from the air will be reasonable even if the humidity on the ground provides a good excuse to limit the amount that infantry can see.

One of my pet wishes is for ground fog where it would roll through valleys creating a brilliant atmosphere as well as a bit of rendering relief for the video card. (I don't know if Vietnam suffered from it but Europe does.)

Im gonna vote for Europe coz I can relate to it more then veitnam and africa. If only they where doing Britain. Id love to ride a tank throw London or visit my house in the town of Barry in South Wales tounge.gif

Plus the english country side would be great to fight over.

I voted Europe cause I like the current OFP environment.

voted Europe too. Perhaps the task is as a DDR Special Force to kill the government of the republic tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MP Studio @ 17 May 2003,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">voted Europe too. Perhaps the task is as a DDR Special Force to kill the government of the republic  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

nope, the european part has nothing to do with Germany.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It seems that "Gamestar", a german PC Magazine interviewed Marek Spanel a few hours ago in LA - here are the infos. Source.

I try to translate

Operation Flashpoint 2: Informations

A playable version ofp OFP 2 wasn't shown on the E3. Instead of this fact, Marek Spanel talked to us about the following details of OFP 2: OFP 2 featuring 2 campaigns: in the 1st you will play an american GI who will fight first in Vietnam, later in Africa - campaign's primary goal will be the action. The theme of the 2nd campaign will be an invasion of Jugoslavia - campaign's playing goals here are more the tactics and roleplay elements....For the OFP-modding-scene BIS will release early enough tools so that them can rebuild scenarios in vietnam, africa and central europe. Only a "remastered" Graphic Engine will be used in OFP 2.

here the original in German.

Operation Flashpoint 2: Infos

Eine spielbare Version von Operation Flashpoint 2 gab es auf der E3 nicht zu sehen. Dafür plauderte Bohemia-Chef Marek Španel eifrig aus dem Nähkästchen: So soll das Spiel zwei Kampagnen enthalten. In der ersten spielen Sie einen amerikanischen GI, der sich erst in Vietnam und dann in Afrika beweisen muss. Bei der zweiten erleben Sie eine Invasion von Jugoslawien. Während die erste Kampagne sehr actionlastig werden soll, sieht Bohemia für die andere mehr Taktik- und Rollenspiel-Elemente vor. Für die Modding-Szene will die Firma rechtzeitig genug Materialien aus den drei Szenarien zur Verfügung stellen, um eigene Karten zu erstellen, die in der Wüste, in Asien oder Ost-Europa spielen. Als Grafik-Engine kommt nur eine überarbeitete Version des ersten Teils zum Einsatz. <span id='postcolor'>

Voted for central europe campaign.

Thought on a huge battle between Nato and Warsaw Pact countries, and as MP said - I'd like to see the GDR involved there, too biggrin.gif

As I heared that the battle areas are designed based upon real terrain, I had think of some abandoned military bases in the areas around my hometown here, and - as a matter of fact, they were primary targets on Nato's to-do list in case of war :o

S33ker, maybe some modders could take that as theme for their mod then... smile.gif

As far as I know, there aren't many recent games which simulate this hypothetical conflict during that period of time, yet.

Well, BIS has lots to chose for OFP3 tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Franz_Schall [sWAF] @ 17 May 2003,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Voted for central europe campaign.

Thought on a huge battle between Nato and Warsaw Pact countries, and as MP said - I'd like to see the GDR involved there, too biggrin.gif

snip

S33ker, maybe some modders could take that as theme for their mod then... smile.gif

As far as I know, there aren't many recent games which simulate this hypothetical conflict during that period of time, yet.

Well, BIS has lots to chose for OFP3 tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I also would like to see a conflict between the two German states in the european campaign, but I doubt we'll see that in OFP2. confused.gif

we've got already a BW mod. where's the NVA mod?! biggrin.gif

Hopefully BIS takes a look at this tread and puts most of their resources in making a perfect Jugoslavian map.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

...Europa finaly...voted for it

...Jugoslavia is my fathers ex country and looking forward to play in that field...If the conflict is with NATO and Warsaws pact in Jugoslavia J will(would,if posible...) be the Jugoslavian (...never mind if J'm the Serbian gentlman)...

I do think the Jugoslavian campaign will be like Resistance, you will play a/the leader in the resistance against the russian (?) invasion.

I do think so because of the announcement of the RPG elements, just like in Resistance getting better weapons etc, but also developing your skill.

Perhaps you start as a cop with some basic skills in weapon handling etc and then time by time you become more and more a soldier.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ 13 May 2003,17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 13 May 2003,15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh and central europe, i have been there on numerous occasions and all i can say is just two words.

it's flat!<span id='postcolor'>

Thats the reason Denmark has one of the greates number of tanks compared to the number of people there live there.

I love Denmark and I am a Dane.

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

Haha, no... that's only because there's 5 million people in the entire country wink.gif

Like, a country with only 2 people and one tank would have a 50% tanks per citizen ratio biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Harnu - why don't you go there on holiday?

<span id='postcolor'>

Because I don't have the money to just take a trip for the hell of it. Im 15, and no one would go with me crazy.gif

A russian invasion of jugoslavia would be stupid and unrealistic. I think they should make an early version of the yugoslavian civil war.

unrealistic? Methinks you need to beef up on your Yugoslavian history. One of the greatest fears of Tito's, was the nation falling to deeply into the Soviet sphere of influence. They dreaded ending up like Czechoslovakia or Rumania, being brutally supressed if they decided later they weren't die hard USSR fans. Also, the Communist partisans in the nation furthered that fear... If the USSR decided the partisans (civilians, supporters, etc) were being mistreated by the leaders, and send aid or even troops. As time passed along, the fears faded away.. as other problems came back into play (as they have done repeatedly for over 800 years.)

Also, as a hypothetical, the splitting of the republics could take place, one being Soviet alligned. Thus, the Soviets rush to aid their new ally in the war.

What made the situation plausible in reality, was that the nation was not decidedly pro Western either. Tito was, IMO, a brilliant leader. He was able to walk the tightrope of Cold War polotics. Had the Soviets made a move, NATO would likely respond. Then again, they would have to decide if the likely ensuing WWIII was worth maintaining that small Balkan buffer zone. (Not much of one at that... only kept some ground between Italy and the Reds.

C E N T R A L  E U R O P E  !   Of course! tounge_o.gif

OF was build for that theatre! If you have success with something, don't touch it ! wink_o.gif

And I bet that all of our "pressure" on this topic made possible the addition of the other places and not just only Vietnam...At least I think that some kind of red light and alarm sound at Codemasters... ;) (well I like to think like that and that our fears and sincere requests make some change in the course of the boat hehe)

So I will do like OF2 will be in Central Europe and will have other two theaters like just an extra feature biggrin_o.gif

C E N T R A L  E U R O P E  !   Of course! tounge_o.gif

OF was build for that theatre! If you have success with something, don't touch it ! wink_o.gif

And I bet that all of our "pressure" on this topic made possible the addition of the other places and not just only Vietnam...At least I think that some kind of red light and alarm sound at Codemasters... ;) (well I like to think like that and that our fears and sincere requests make some change in the course of the boat hehe)

So I will do like OF2 will be in Central Europe and will have other two theaters like just an extra feature biggrin_o.gif

I think central european theatre is one of the extra features. the main theatre still will be southeast asia. wink_o.gif

$33ker @ May 25 2003,12:32)]I think central european theatre is one of the extra features. the main theatre still will be southeast asia. wink_o.gif

Indeed, the main campaign will be southeast asia followed by the african one. Central Europe is an extra. Though I sure hope they don't neglect it for that reason.

I think that all the theatres will be great, cause every theatre has his own terrain so you can fight in jungles,hills,forests,mountans,villages etc.

In fact, i was hoping BIS will make a fiction war in New Zealand, and it has all kinds of ground to fight.

But now i can only hope any talented island maker will make it.

smile_o.gif

Guest BratZ

I didn't vote, hard to say. I will have fun with the Vietnam scenario for sure,but the other theatres may grasp my interest more.

I heard something about massive tank wars, I am no war historian but whichever theatre is more fun

This is great... Central Europe has 49,07% while Vietnam and Africa both have 25.47% of the votes. But since Nam and Africa is in the same campaign we add their result together = 50,94% So there´s a big interest for both campaigns! Bis should be happy.

smile_o.gif

I had the idea about the tank wars because i know how many tnaks the warsaw pact countries had and that they would use them massively in case of war in Europe. And I really would like to see Bundeswehr's tank destroyers like Jaguar and Jaguar2 in action. wink_o.gif

I would really like Viet nam if I could play a campaign as the Viet Cong. I'm a bit of a fan of guerilla warfare, I guess being outgunned just appeals to me. However I doubt that will be the case, so I guess I'll have to wait for a 3rd party campaign and stick to central europe sad_o.gif