Sign in to follow this  
FOLGORE

G.i.joe vs cobra mod

Hy guys !!

We are recruiting new team members and expecially 3d modellers for (new guns and vehicles) and Mission makers that will work on our island already finished called "Cobra island" the same of the comics....well many things are already made but i've no time to write down all.

in the next preview i'll show you the island and the gijoe units I made smile.gif after that I'll post also the vehicles that we made thanks to all our team members and expecially Archangel, Bishop and At.St Walker.

I am searching also someone that could add to our island new object like houses and secret bases . Cobra island creators me and Ize Ize it already uses jungle trees and objects from the great ebud jungle veron and have got an airport a vucano area a jungle forests allover and a dock and a freghter area and has got all comic textures.you'll.see it in the next preview.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics/CobraInfantry.jpg

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics/Cobrabosses.jpg

I cant help you but i can say that you have done nice work on them bosses! Nice to see mod makers trying to do something out of the ordinary for a change smile.gif

Thanks Go0b !!

Anyway about the mission for the mod i am searching mission makers and "Sharez" answer to the recruiting ...but we need more help. If you like the joes and think that you could work on a 3d model of a weapon contact me in this thread or send a private message.

Mission makers will have access to this unit :

you 'll have access to this unit :

Cobra island

Cobra Vipers

Cobra Soldiers

Cobra Flightpod (an air veichle)

and one boss you can choose from Destro

Dr.Venom + Kwinn

Major Bludd

Destro for an homeland defense mission

Dr.venom for a battle for a virus and an antidote , Kwinn is his bodyguard

Major Bludd for another kind of mission set in the cobra island.

Also one question: How will bosses work? will they take extra damage be extra fast or something along those lines? And as i am worthless in the OFP editor and o2, i have some basic 3ds max skills but they aren't good at all. Looking forward to release, maybe a "Action Man mod" next? I hope so smile.gif

Well the bosses have got an armor stronger then the normal soldiers and they are really thougher to be killed.

My idea is simple create a sort of arcdae game where there are missions that takes you in the end to face the boss of that ipothetic mission.Some of them are really stonger compared to other minor charcters.

I need help to make some weapons for example Destro the one with the iron mask should shoot with missiles from his left arm and should be equipped with an High density Laser gun

so it will be really more dangerous compared to a normal infantry soldiers like the vipers or the cobra soldier....

about the second question

Yes all the units are compiled under a sub menu in the editor example you'll find :

East\Cobra The Enemy\Cobra soldier

http://www.yojoe.com/access/d83/5.shtml

Okay well, what's the big idea. Don't you know that someone has already made the joes? Are you just out to do it better or don't you know that? Yours I like because they're kind of cartoony and cell shaded. That other guy did it a different way. Are you going to make like, a lazer beem shoot out of the thing if tracers are on?

Well dear peanuckle_00 the one that made the gijoe for the first time for ofp was ME understood "ME" I made those gijoe old packs over 2 years ago and they are under miscellaneous section on ofp.info

I am really disappointed with you.

This unit you can see above are the new version of that old really old one that I made a long time ago.

This version are the result of over 2 years of research and  work on the p3ds and textures models for hours and hours to recreate the original chracters in their first appearance in the comics ( reallly differentfrom the Tv series)

and moreover I am with ofp since the demo.

We already made it smile.gif and we made also the cobra flightpod and the cobra glider

I am waiting At.sT Walker for other veichles that he is finishing.

I am waiting also that "ofp.info" will post my news about the Cobra island on their site.

Screenshots will come stay tuned

Some questions: Are you adding blood textures? or will you be loyal to the no-blood cartoon?

also.. how will you do the lasers? the thick lasers that default with the shilkas ingame could work well.

Thanks smile.gif I am happy of your good criticism and yes it is quite funny and not ordinary and if there are gijoe fans out there that have got the first 23 # issues of the comic( you can buy them thorugh e-bay) they can look that all the charcters are made following the apsect of each one in the first appearance in the comic so you'll find for example "Dr.Venom" like it really is with the same colours and the same shape like the one in the comic in his first drawnings .

well PitViper I like your name you should use a Viper trooper ingame ain't ?

about your question on the bloody textures :

the gijoe comics were made before the tv series and it was adapted to a child point of view so no blodd no dying people .

the comic was completely different infact the charcters every 2 issues one hero was killed and sometime there were also blood.

i'd like to put blodd textures but it would be complictaed because if you make a Boss stronger if he is injured and just hitted the textures change and I can bet that they take many bullets before fall to the ground and dye.

and moreover it is an hard work and the size of every pbo should increase adding also the blodd textures wink.gif

about the lasers well we used for the temporary weapons the red tracer with a lser sound but I already said that WE NEED 3d modellers that could make new weapons for the units.

at the moment the Laser sounds are tooo many in the air..eh eh

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FOLGORE @ 09 May 2003,20:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We already made it smile.gif and we made also the cobra flightpod and the cobra glider<span id='postcolor'>

and the Manta windsurf ! biggrin.gif

ola.gifola.gif

yes sorry I forgot to mention that great Manta windsurf for the g.i.joe side smile.gif

At.St Walker made also a gijoe tower but it is in the works.

I am still waiting that ofp info will post our news about the cobra island..sorry for delay with the screens

anyway if someone wants to make something and can help us to make the release faster can go to www.yojoe.com and look under veichles and playsets to see some blueprints.

I remember toeveryone that this mod is not referred to the toy and tv series but only on the comic

http://www.xs4all.nl/~korvass/gijoe/index.htm

This site is the headquarters of the OFP G.I. Joe mod team. The mission: to bring the exciting, heroic and action-packed world of the G.I. Joe comics into the Operation: Flashpoint military simulation game.

Hope you enjoy this

WE GOT A SITE !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Evert-Jan Duindan and  his team smile.gif

(our team)

Yep, the comic's where always bloody. I got an early one where Quin, Dr Venom ,and Gen Flag all die. In the cartoon Gen Flag was alive and kicking. Good work!!! will these Joes have the heads set to the body?

Makes me wish I had modding skills sad.gif

That damn Manta cost me a bunch of flagpoints and never really looked that good smile.gif

Don't forget the cobra Rattler, with helo motion it would still be cool.

Thanks guys smile.gif

well on the site and here i'll post some new screens about the H.i.s.s Tank and the Flightpod and also another top secret veichle eh eh

anyway in the maintime i am working on some weapons but it would be great if anyone interested to help us will contact me.

more news later stay tuned guys

The "Transport Weapons" beta version !!

FOL_tractor_2.jpg

Hy At.St Walker I already textured this veichle and it is 60% ready to go smile.gif I'll send to you the pbo so you 'll can post a screenshot of it !!

Ok, Folgore ! smile.gif

cool i like the hiss 2 are u realsing a mod demo i am looking forward 2 this smile.gif

well we are working on many things this days.

At.sT Walker is working on some veichles and I am texturing one of them he sent to me yesterday  "the weapon transport veichle" that will be used for   rearming g.i.joe airveichles that we are working on,  like the SkyHawk

I really wish to put up a link for the Demo but I need new weapons for all the units soldier I made and at the moment we have few weapons  similar to the one used in the comic series.

we appreciate that someone that is good in making weapons could contact me with a Private message smile.gif

we wish also to add to the cobra island three or four objects inspired to the gijoe world just to give a better feeling to the island. if there is one that is good in adding object with wrp editor is a great help for us.

Imagine something like the Cat Shit one afghanistan but with a vulcano an airport,  jungles, beaches , a dock and a Terror drome and many cobra bukers on all the island  eh eh... and also some strange silos that hides atomic missiles and thousands of cobra troopers that are searching for you

COBRA H.I.S.s and Cobra flightpod preview :

http://www.xs4all.nl/~korvass/gijoe/screens/11503_2l.jpg