Sign in to follow this  
sussmori

Cost

I've heard quite a few theories on what 'cost' is but no definate answers.

BIS defines in in cfgammo for different ammo types, eg. a normal bullet is cost = 0.05

and a MG bullet is cost = 10 (the values aren't exact). Why this would be in cfgammo i'm not sure.

My theory is that the more cost a ammo has, the more the weapon is seen as 'deadly' and thus the more it's targetted by AI. I.e. a MG guy is targetted before a normal guy. This is apposed to:

audibleFire

visibleFire

defined on a vehicle which seems to be related to detecting the vehicle when firing.

Maybe also it's related to which the AI will prefer to use. Ie. maybe an ammo with more cost is used first.

Any ideas or insights?

I'm not sure about soldiers, but from what I know with vehicles, the cost detemines which vehicle is more likely to be attacked by AI.

e.g. a vehicle with cost=100000 is less likely to be attacked by AI when it is near a vehicle with cost=200000.

The cost=200000 one is considered more of a threat by the AI.

In relation to ammo. I found that it affects reload time (for vehicles atleast).

e.g. pull a plane up to an ammo truck and select reload.

If the cost of the planes bomb ammo is set to 0, all bombs are reloaded instantly. The greater the cost, the longer pause there is between each bomb proxy re-appearing.

as per the official config released by BIS, cost = AI to attack first.

in an example config:-

threat = {0.9, 0.8, 0.1} // means seek out target priority{soldiers, vehicles, air classes}

airplane = 10000

tank = 100

officer = 10

guess which target AI gonna hit first?

answer:- plane.

reason:- some objects ( air, veh, soldiers) have been constructed with special abilities or high destruction power within its class, so the cost will determine the correct focus of ai soldiers' primary mission to bring down the strongest first before picking on the weak.

Guest BratZ

Ya but if the soldier doesnt have at least a mgun and the ammo set to airlock=1 ,i dont think he will attack the plane

And depending on the armor and weapons ,he wont attack the tank either

To go with Sussmoris studies, I think that AI may see a higher cost ammo as a stronger weapon and may use it accordingly.(Maybe helps determine how much gets wasted too?)

Some testing should be done and I have encountered multiple mgun types on planes and have done some work with this and will check further.So I can't give much input on this

Thats some good stuff Skaircro ,the cost on my bombs are high and it must take a bit to reload it,kewl

I also think it affects how much you can get from a rearm truck. Lets say we got a rearm truck with 100 in "ammo". If we run up to it with a m16 where it is cost = 1. then we can get 100 new mags/rounds..

If we get up to it with a tank were a sabot has 50 in cost we can get 2 new sabots...

This is what i also think it affects. Got no prof, not tested but was "thinking" wink.gif