Sign in to follow this  
foxer

Is tornadoes just a north america thing ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 10 May 2003,01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I stand corrected. tounge.gif

But is that how tornados are formed?<span id='postcolor'>

I think their form when east winds meets west winds.So it's two winds meeting at the sametime,.When i use to live in MS,i was in the dark green part.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ 10 May 2003,03:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 10 May 2003,01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I stand corrected. tounge.gif

I think their form when east winds meets west winds.So it's two winds meeting at the sametime,.When i use to live in MS,i was in the dark green part.<span id='postcolor'>

Not so much to do with wind as it does with air pressure and temperature. Do some research into how hail is formed, and you will gain some insight into the conditions necessary for a tornado to form.

Almost had a tornado touch down here in Denver, Colorado.But it was half way down, then just dissapeared. wow.gif

But we shure did get a heck of a lot of hail. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 09 May 2003,19:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I stand corrected. tounge.gif

Tornadoes are formed from hot air coming out of Texas.

Btw, here in NYC we actually did have two tornadoes that I know of. One in Queens, where the World's Fair park is, and over the water near Staten Island. What someone would call a water spout I guess.

So it could really happen anywhere, given the right conditions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ 10 May 2003,10:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not so much to do with wind as it does with air pressure and temperature. Do some research into how hail is formed, and you will gain some insight into the conditions necessary for a tornado to form.<span id='postcolor'>

A thunderstorm? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tornadoes are formed from hot air coming out of Texas.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, is that a knock at Tex or am I just tired? biggrin.gif

It is amazing that wind can do this, luckily, no one was killed from the 2 tornadoes that hit Oklahoma city a few days ago. Here are some pictures of the GM plant that got hit.

DSC04678.jpg

DSC04681.jpg

DSC04689.jpg

DSC04729.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

paintblasted.jpg

Video 1

Video 2

Yep and if it sported a video card its gone too confused.gif

Bah i'll just settle with the Harddrive for now tounge.gif but man this must be looting season there for you folks since half the shops would be upside down if this thing hits a commercial block crazy.gif

All that we get here is small cyclonic tornadoes (might not even be classified as one but..) they look like one but they are pretty small and form randomly in the sand dunes occassionaly , i have seen some they dont have the muscle to do what these have done wow.gif