Sign in to follow this  
Guest BratZ

Towable artillery

Cool... finally something we can tow.

Is this the Pak36 by marfy?

Wow?! I though it wasn't possable, I though engine limtations didnt allow it. Well I will download it anyways... smile.gif

someone now needs to make a caravan addon so i can tow it behind the Hilux to the coastal resorts of NOE smile.gif

nice work, will make for some interesting missions. setting up ambush points then retreating...

How do I attach it to a blue car in the editor? The way I am doing it isnt working... (please give example smile.gif)

pak1.jpg

pak2.jpg

pak3.jpg

pak4.jpg

pak5.jpg

Very nice, but I wish I had some good Allied armor to blow up with it...

Guest BratZ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 07 May 2003,03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How do I attach it to a blue car in the editor? The way I am doing it isnt working... (please give example smile.gif)<span id='postcolor'>

Check out the readme ...heres some from it:

To use with another type of tow vehicle:

Call the towing.sqs like this:

[_vehicle,_pak,2,.19] exec "\GST_Pak36\towing.sqs"

;The Tow Truck

_vehicle = _this select 0

;the Pak

_pak = _this select 1

;Tow Truck Length To Hitch

_hitch = _this select 2

; Base Hitch Height

_hitchbaseh = _this select 3

To Unhook Pak from Vehicle format: _this animate ["hitch",0]

So to hook it I would add a addaction to the vehicle

this addaction ["Hook Pak","pachook.sqs"]

and in that pachook.sqs should have something like this:

where _vehicle could be the name of the blue car and _pak should be the name you give the pak

and of course an addaction to unhook would just have the script:

_this animate ["hitch",0]

sorry for this,but you are able to hook it to anything

Hope this helps

Guest BratZ

BTW nice pics blackdog...thanx!

Guest BratZ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 07 May 2003,04:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">heh they all broke. dunno why.

where do i get pachook.sqs? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

just have to make a text file and name is pachook.sqs in your "/users/mission/name of mission" directory

the file just needs that one line:

of course you should fill in the names you are using ,replacing _vehicle and _pak with those

And to unhook it you also can just get in it (or another addaction).I made it so that it unhooks when a person tries to use it,to prevent gunners from being towwed down the road while using it

And if you were doing a scripted mission,take a peek at the init.sqs that was included in the mission for the pak (i think)

In some of the following pictures I feel like a BIS employee for some reason... wink.gif

1pak.jpg

2pak.jpg

3pak.jpg

4pak.jpg

5pak.jpg

Guest BratZ

LOL I see you figured it all out ! And you found the bridge bug too.

Nice work

the bicycle one is fuuny biggrin.gif

also, this mean it is possible to make train! wow.gif

Hey.. Those cars look alot like my concept art for ways to get through rush hour traffic! biggrin.gif

Very nice work!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 07 May 2003,07:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the bicycle one is fuuny biggrin.gif

also, this mean it is possible to make train!  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

...and impossible to make it run on tracks only.

Back on topic. Could you please remove that vegetation from the gun 'cos it look kinda silly. I don't think it gives you a nice camo although

Guest BratZ

I believe Maarfy put the trees there and prolly had no idea that it would be towable at the time,as the shadows on the wheels are also not best for moving wheels I thought.

But he may look at it again

Maarfy also has a newer camo and a dessert scheme:

http://www.volny.cz/marfyart/desertofp/index_engl.htm

i seem to get error when in the gut tryes to conect the pak to the car.

It says script not found.

This time i will use a DL manager and see if it works

Guest BratZ

Script not found? Anyone else get that? What version OFP you running? Possibility it wont work under 1.90 as thats what I have.

How can I get AI soldier to attach it to a vehicle and after that to unhook it and tow it to firing position?

I'm not sure if this is a bug in the mission, or in the addon itself.

I opened the demo mission in the editor and made myself the driver of the Krupp.  I drove to the point where you pick up your Pak and got out.  I would suddenly stop, and kneel down, then was put back in the truck.

When I got out, this was happening.

asshitch1.jpg

GETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF!!!!

As any OFP gamer would, I tried to figure out how this could work to my advantage.  If I turned around I could actually "push" the Pak and use it as a shield as I snuck up on enemies.  biggrin.gif

Anyways, back to the reporting.  If you save with the Pak hitched to your ass it is unhitched when you reload.  It also unhitches if you mount it.

I'm sure this is probably something that I'm doing and not the addons fault.  Either way, it's a great addon and I love it.  Thanks for the hard work.

Guest BratZ

LOL , that is funny. That is not within the addon itself.Just the mission has some scripts to make the driver get out and hook the pak.I am not the best at timing and animations and will be better later on.

You can look at the init.sqs to see and change the hooking pak stuff

Like I said the hooking to person was only a trial for that mission.Its not implemeneted within the pak.

That also answers bucketmans question.Read the posts within this topic and the read me, but also the init.sqs shows how I had AI hooking the pak.

Dont see it as a bug this PAK 35\36 is very light so you can move it to all directions needed in a few seconds in real life. biggrin.gif thnx for the hint wink.gif

If it would be only static then is so unreal and sometimes unuseable(new word?) biggrin.gif when APC`s or lighttanks are out of fire(range)directions.

The only problem I think it has, is that its firerate is to low. This AT gun has a firerate of 15 shots per minut and this is now way to low, after the PAK 36 they first release that one was a bit to high.

Overall it`s great addon to have against APC`s and lighttanks.

Guest BratZ

Wow these forums are very slow today.I almost couldnt reply.

But I would like to know what people even think about the soldiers moving the pak themselves?

I didnt think it was realistic,maybe a few soldiers would be able to lift it.I plan on making it so the pak needs to be backed up to the pak in the proper hooking position and no soldiers would be moving it.

But the problem there is getting the AI to back the truck properly....Any input on this?

I dont think the soldiers moving it by hand is realistic