Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Do u have any favorite game gun sound.

Post your favorite, and might help some addon maker biggrin.gif

I like the Delta force one M4's burst mode sound, and the SOF2's m60! they really sound very good!!

I will try record and post them. smile.gif

Duke Nukem chaingun biggrin.gif or was it my modified sounds? not sure

EDIT: I have a new favourite "gun" sound but it is still not released... tounge.gif True...

I like DF2's M4 single shot sound. Gun shots are going to sound the same when they come from the same gun in the same condition, right? Well, thats why I couldn't stand the burst sounds. Sounded like someone doing a quick drum solo. I want it to sound like the M-16 3 round from OFP. But anyway, single shot from DF2. smile.gif

Raven Shield has some nice varied and realistic gun sounds for all types of guns.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 07 May 2003,05:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like DF2's M4 single shot sound.  Gun shots are going to sound the same when they come from the same gun in the same condition, right?  Well, thats why I couldn't stand the burst sounds.  Sounded like someone doing a quick drum solo.  I want it to sound like the M-16 3 round from OFP.  But anyway, single shot from DF2. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I like DF2's gun firing echo, it is cool if we can here echo in the ofp!  biggrin.gif

I'll definitely go for the M41A Pulse Rifle sound in Aliens vs. Predator. The kicks you get when gunning down an attacking alien horde with your caseless ammunition eating sidekick are amazing.

pr.JPG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ 07 May 2003,08:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll definitely go for the M41A Pulse Rifle sound in Aliens vs. Predator. The kicks you get when gunning down an attacking alien horde with your caseless ammunition eating sidekick are amazing.

pr.JPG<span id='postcolor'>

I'm with Oligo on this one. The Smartgun was a good sounding piece of imaginary firepower too. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ 07 May 2003,19:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">weapon4.jpg

anybody remembers the sound ?  biggrin.gif

I loved it   biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hehehe it is classical! biggrin.gif

Ahh the BFG9000.. What a weapon that was!

Favourite weapon sound has to be Pulse Rifle from AvP..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 07 May 2003,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ 07 May 2003,19wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">weapon4.jpg

anybody remembers the sound ?  biggrin.gif

I loved it   biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hehehe it is classical!  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yes... and I have heard that sound several times since then cause it is being used in one of the radio stations here before and after advertising.

Do you remember the last level of Doom2 where you basically had no chance to win cause this strange face on the other side was spitting out little pyramides with new monsters all the time. This sound was being used in a recent R&B song. Maybe I will remember which it was.

My favourite sounds is the Mini-gun in RTCW2, the AK 47 in SOF2 and the game with the most realistic sounds is GLOBAL OPERATIONS, this is the only game that I only play for the sounds.

Some of the DF sniper rifles have a really great sound, can't remember what guns exactly.

Nothing beats lying in the grass gazing through your scope when all of a sudden, the nice and quiet landscape gets raped by the heavy sound of my rifle and then, about 500 meters away, a poor enemy falls down...

Goood, i love this game!

Hmm, I´d have to say the M60E4 from Raven Shield, the AvP Pulse Rifle and the Invasion 1944 MG42 biggrin.gif

My favourite gunshot sound is the pistol from....WOLFENSTEIN 3D! biggrin.gif

Especially ven shooting down ze Natzis, ja? tounge.gif

The Laser sounds from Star Wars are very nice too! tounge.gif

Is Raven Shield using the same M60 sound with SOF2? smile.gif

I like the sound of the bullet wizing past in OFP, it just rocks so much *whzz thpt* mmm i like that. Great fun shooting at a mate from 1k with an AK.

Laser from SW rocks too!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Epita @ 08 May 2003,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like the sound of the bullet wizing past in OFP, it just rocks so much *whzz thpt* mmm i like that.  Great fun shooting at a mate from 1k with an AK.

Laser from SW rocks too!<span id='postcolor'>

Gee.........I just realized i forgot what those old ofp(before res) weapon sounds like!!

The RPK from America's Army.

One sound that stands out in my memory is the chain gun from the original Descent when I first heard it on a system with a subwoofer.

Non-amplified stereo speakers were considered fancy at the time, and we had just gotten new systems with upgraded speakers at the office. A couple of us were playing networked Descent to inject some excitement into our workday, and the chain gun with a fully cranked subwoofer was awesome.

The sound of that combination travelled quite a long ways in an otherwise quiet office environment, and heads were poking out of many offices trying to figure out what was happening! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the chain gun from the original Descent <span id='postcolor'>

1st of all : I loved it ! biggrin.gif

And now the fun:

A friend of mine and me always played computer together. Quite funny. BUT He was not able to play Descent for long. All this upside down thing in Descent made his stomach go mad biggrin.gif This is no joke. I mean he went really fast sick and such wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ 07 May 2003,18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A friend of mine and me always played computer together. Quite funny. BUT He was not able to play Descent for long. All this upside down thing in Descent made his stomach go mad biggrin.gif This is no joke. I mean he went really fast sick and such wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Same here, I can't stand Descent for this reason. I remember it still... bad experience.

I had absolutely no problem playing Descent for hours at a time back then, but I messed with a Descent II CD last year that came bundled with one of my old graphics cards, and it made me sick in no time.

I'm not sure if I need to build up tolerance for that sort of environment again or if I'm just getting old and weak -- probably the latter. tounge.gif

That was one seriously cool game for the office, though. Just like the original Carmageddon.

Guest BratZ

Yes Carmageddon was one of my favorites.

Talking gun sounds...everytime I alwys think of the machine gun the medic has in Return To Castle Wolfenstein (mp 40?)

I'm no weapons expert but that gun,how it overheats and hisses ,but the way it shoots just left an impression in my mind and has stuck as my favorite