Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Sp4 to be released soon...

in 3-4 weeks. smile.gif

anybody who's been on the falcon 4.0 boards at frugals is getting pretty sick of hearing that. but this time it's serious.

SuperPak 4 has gone into beta testing!

Should be released in 3-4 weeks.

serious this time! smile.gif

with dod 1.0 and SuperPak4 coming out I'm glad the school years almost over, studying is getting further and further back on that back burner.

Oh man please dont bring that stuff in here, I'm full of that in the Falcon scene smile.gif

Woohoo, sp4 biggrin.gif

I did not hear that in frugal's, hmmm, maybe I should check out more often. I still like the falcon, do they finally put a JSF in this time?

I don't know, they're not exactly broadcasting all the details.

We'll just have to wait and see. smile.gif

I hope they fixed the ground troops too this time, I mean the ROK doesn't use that old US tank anymore right? They use the K1 now, I believe.

I'd love the carrier operations though, let's hope they expanded it too with a catapult. (Yeah, Archer is back)

Korea actually doesn't have very many K-1s. Many of their tanks are still older M-48s and M-60s.

And does anyone know where I can get a copy of F4?

what always made me wonder was why the US forces in the campaign are all M48s, not a single M1A1/2 or M60

another thing i hope the other maps like Europe and Desert Storm are updated...the Cold War Europe had a nasty habit of crashing me and giving me flights well outside my range (Sweeps over berlin from an Aviano airbase confused.gif)

really looking forward to it though, maybe include some cockpits for other aircraft...i hope so

You problably look at the korean units, try to find US units in the order of battle, there you should see them and what they consist of. Most of the ground units there are ROK, there are not much US ground troops (in-game).

Is there anywhere that I can buy falcon 4?

I'd still be happy w/ USAF, but that doesn't work real well on XP(another great big thank you to MicroSoft mad.gif )

Falcon 4 is old, very old. You can probably find it in the bargain bin at your computer store, maybe bundled with another worthless game. Or you could buy it for cheap on Ebay, make sure you get a manual with it though, it still comes in handy once you get SP3 or 4 on your machine.

Yes, Falcon 4 is worthless. Falcon 4 with SP3 and maybe viperwear is something else. biggrin.gif

OK, I went to ebay and saw a few, I d/l the demo just to see if it'd work w/ XP/my vid. card/etc. and when I went to install the demo it said it needed Win 95, and wouldn't install it. Does the full version of F4 work on XP?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ 06 May 2003,21:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You problably look at the korean units, try to find US units in the order of battle, there you should see them and what they consist of. Most of the ground units there are ROK, there are not much US ground troops (in-game).<span id='postcolor'>

nope, most deffinatly US units im 100% sure on that

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ 06 May 2003,23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, I went to ebay and saw a few, I d/l the demo just to see if it'd work w/ XP/my vid. card/etc. and when I went to install the demo it said it needed Win 95, and wouldn't install it.  Does the full version of F4 work on XP?<span id='postcolor'>

it works fine on XP for me...could be just the demo (not that ive ever seen one so cant try it for myself...though i suppose you could try it in compatability mode)

im posetive that it works on XP though, even without the use of compat-mode

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nope, most deffinatly US units im 100% sure on that<span id='postcolor'>

That's pretty weird cause my US units have M1A1/2's. The marines still have their M60 (ingame) though.  confused.gif

Only the Korean's have M48 with me.  confused.gif

could be down to difficulty level...do you have all the sliders set in the DPRKs favour and ACE? i think ill go take a look into this actually

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ 07 May 2003,05:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, I went to ebay and saw a few, I d/l the demo just to see if it'd work w/ XP/my vid. card/etc. and when I went to install the demo it said it needed Win 95, and wouldn't install it.  Does the full version of F4 work on XP?<span id='postcolor'>

It works fine for me on XP.

It's probably because the demo is several years old and probably more buggy than the original release, which was a fly factory.

But yes, F4 works for me on XP with all the patches and SP3 installed.

XP really is good for F4! It works like a dream and SP4 will rock. SP3 was great and I suggest to use XP for all programs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 06 May 2003,22:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Falcon 4 is old, very old.  You can probably find it in the bargain bin at your computer store, maybe bundled with another worthless game.  Or you could buy it for cheap on Ebay, make sure you get a manual with it though, it still comes in handy once you get SP3 or 4 on your machine.

Yes, Falcon 4 is worthless.  Falcon 4 with SP3 and maybe viperwear is something else. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I now own 3 copies of F4.

My first got a bit worn out, as I bought it back in 98, and I stupidly lent out my second disc which I never got back.

Fortune smiled on me however, and I spotted a brand new copy, still shrinked wrapped in a local shop for Å2:50! I made a copy of the disk, stuck it back in the box, and filed it away. I'm never opening that box again.

As for SP4, I want my bloody Storm Shadow! I'll be untouchable in a GR4 with that. Nothing like deep strikes in NK at 500kts / 35 feet! Plus if you get into trouble, the Tornado is horribly fast on the deck, just punch full burner, and egress out of there!

you can already use storm shadow if you do a little editting, though most of the weapons that arent standard etc dont work very well...take the B58, its a dud, shame as the B61 works a treat (in 4 flights the NK army went from twice the size of US and ROK forces, to barely a quarter of it biggrin.gif)

the asraam can be added toom though has some strange quirks ...hope this is all sorted in SP4

(FYI the tool in question is TACEDIT)

Yes, I've used Tacedit to simulate realistic loadouts, but the Storm Shadow is not represented correctly. It hardly ever hits the target precisely, and half the time wanders of on its own.

Plus the range leaves a little to be desired. Still its not finished, so I'll wait for the SP4 version. Hopefully they will have a fully functioning ALARM working soon as well. (With loiter mode). The HARM is pretty poor in comparison. (For example, in Kosovo, the Luftwaffe and the USAF fired close to a hundred (100) HARMS at a particular SAM postition. Finally the RAF came in a blew it away with a single ALARM. The cocky operater was switching intermittently between two radars and spoofing the HARMS. What he didn't know on the RAF strike was that an ALARM was hanging about 40,000ft up waiting for the search radar to come back on....

Kablammo!

I got F4 with this thick binder for $5.00 CAD ($3.57 USD/3.15 Euro/2.24 British Pound/416 Yen/15.87 Shekels) last year.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For example, in Kosovo, the Luftwaffe and the USAF fired close to a hundred (100) HARMS at a particular SAM postition. Finally the RAF came in a blew it away with a single ALARM. The cocky operater was switching intermittently between two radars and spoofing the HARMS. What he didn't know on the RAF strike was that an ALARM was hanging about 40,000ft up waiting for the search radar to come back on....

<span id='postcolor'>

hehe id have loved to see his expresion when he realised things had just gone horribly wrong for him biggrin.gif

though you know the one thing i think would be awesome....OFP and F4 (or Falcon 5 which is in the works so i hear) working in the same area...take Novalogics F22 and M1 spearhead(or something like that) *sigh* if only that were possible

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">though you know the one thing i think would be awesome....OFP and F4 (or Falcon 5 which is in the works so i hear) working in the same area...take Novalogics F22 and M1 spearhead(or something like that) *sigh* if only that were possible<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, that would look good, especially with the viewdistance of falcon4 smile.gif .

Just imagine some dude on the ground asking for some airsupport and waiting 5 whole minutes for the jet's to arrive and another minute to identify the target.

Maybe in Ofp4?