Sign in to follow this  
Bullz_eye_on_my_back

Resources

I think for a more realistic strategic play you would need a more dependent system of resources....

Right now we see some fuel trucks and everything, but they are nearly ever used....

I think supply support should be a neccesity for some missions

I think if there was a more need for supply trucks/boats/ choppers....

What resources would be nice to have implemented??

Gas

Oil

Food

money

spare parts

Ammo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bullz_eye_on_my_back @ 06 May 2003,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think for a more realistic strategic play you would need a more dependent system of resources....

Right now we see some fuel trucks and everything, but they are nearly ever used....

Gas

Oil

Food

money

spare parts

Ammo<span id='postcolor'>

Seriously.. during online MP battlefield games... Ammo resupply is really needed for air units.

I always run out of ammo very quickly when providing suppressive air support, but the problem really is that there are no ammo trucks.

I understand your wanting to make the game more realistic and interesting but simply put..worrying about wether your troops have enough food is not fun. Sometimes you need to sacrifice realism for fun, hence the medics in OFP. Healing isnt that easy in the real world, but why didnt the developers make a wounded player immobile on the gound? Because taking hours to die from a stomach wound is NOT FUN crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Impavido @ 06 May 2003,19:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I understand your wanting to make the game more realistic and interesting but simply put..worrying about wether your troops have enough food is not fun.  Sometimes you need to sacrifice realism for fun, hence the medics in OFP. Healing isnt that easy in the real world, but why didnt the developers make a wounded player immobile on the gound? Because taking hours to die from a stomach wound is NOT FUN  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This man has obviously not died from a stomach wound...sheesh.

If you dont have the guts to do it, then you wouldn't critizise!

(Yes, that was a clever pun, and yes this is a joke)

Thought of another thing....

Electricity

telephone wires....

Communications...

Ofcourse Buildings that are dependent upon electricity...

which ofcourse would be great to have portable generators too that could be hooked up to the buildings.... (ofcourse more might be needed for large buildings) biggrin.gif

oops sorry forgot about another thing....

Nuclear (great for melt downs wink.gif )

mining...

steel plants

ammunition plants

vehicle manufacturing plants...

plus the storing of these resources....

and a way that it collects how much each one holds...just incase one is taken out...you still might have some resources left to go on with construction

I agree that the electricity and communication implementation is a clever idea but would prefer to have the emphasis stay away from the manufacturing, oil exploration, etc. It would be neat to gain the alliance of a village by ensuring they have electricity for example. OFP is awesome but lacked a "civilian" element as the whole map was just a deserted battlefield.

This would be a major plus to ofp. I still want a ammo box that you would have to use two guys to move.

It would make the game so difficult. After a dogfight you would have to land your plane and repair everything? And what i've you get a flat tire with your jeep?

Ever heard of walkning, perhaps even running?

Nice stuff really...

wow_o.gif

I think for a more realistic strategic play you would need a more dependent system of resources....

Gas

Oil

Food

money

spare parts

Ammo

I agree that limited resources are the thing to develop the player's mind to think strategically. But i disagree that it's the amount of different resources. I think it's the availability but the timing of the resources that would stir things up.

If a large scale multiplayer missions are those in mind when talking about resources it would be crucial to organize supply for the troops in the field. This would include medical attention, ammo, explosives food and so on.

You can argue that this could be the dullest role there is but combined with the aerial and artillery commander it could be the most interesting.

If in lan parties one person of each side could take this role as a supply/artillery/aerial commander would make battles even more one-for-all-and-all-for-one. My experience is that often people do seem to run amok wihtout any tactical plan just to meet some action.