Sign in to follow this  
Rob

radio problems!

i need a really detailed info on how to get a group to move to somewhere on the map like fj21.

fj21 being the coordinates. If ur one of those people always saying "well y dont u look for it" dont bother, i have and they either don't explain it well or it don't work.

Theres one i tried but didn't work which was supposed to move a group to me. i think it was "groupname move gotopos player" but wen i put in the player in the activation field it kept saying unknown operator. plz help otherwise my mission is incomplete.

(Edited by Rob at 8:22 pm on Sep. 17, 2001)

well then try this:

U have to name everything first of all

(example name your character ME )

Name and form the group ( example GRP1 )

then make a trigger that will be activated by RADIO ALPHA and in the ON ACTIVATION field type:

GRP1 move(getpos ME)

this should get the group to the position were U used the radio, Anywere on the island.

and if U wanna use it more then once make it REPEATED not ONCE.

yeah but how do i move different grps to diferent areas on the map not just to me?

If the places you want the groups to move to are static, put there markers and use getMarkerPosition . Make these markers invisible by setting there size to 0 or colour or transparent and staff.

Simply try to put a game logic unit where you want the group to go, name it and use this code on the activation trigger:

groupname move(getpos gamelogicname)

If you want you can change the position of that unit with a setpos instruction...

That's all smile.gif

Bye

for getting marker position, command is "getMarkerPos <name of marker>" where <name of marker> is the marker name.

or you can make them just sit about and give them waypoints to the static posistion and sync them to your radio alpha command.