Nice interview! Thanks

Very nice interview! You can learn a lot of new stuff:

-Multiple Gunner positions

-Animals

-New AI

-New interface

-"Hand to hand" combat wow.gif

Awesome!!

YAY! MULTIPLE GUNNER POSITIONS!, THAT INTERVIEW MADE MY DAY! biggrin.gif Also better vegitation and posibilities of animals. ohh man i need to lay down. *starts hyperventelating*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Marek Spanel: We want to make OFP2 more realistic and also more fun for gamers. We continue to cooperate with various people and we will continue to listen to feedback from our valuable community to make the game as good as possible. OFP2 will be more customisable, for example by further extending the choices player can made between Cadet and Veteran mode.

<span id='postcolor'>

Allright! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> And yes, we're going to implement DX9 features in the engine and we really like pixel and vertex shaders and we're going to use it in the engine extensively. <span id='postcolor'> biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We work on stability, performance and features; one particular thing is to introduce voice over net in the socket netcode.<span id='postcolor'> Man, so much needed, it was gone for so long I forgot about it. tounge.gif Good stuff...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">with more user friendly and polished user interface plus some new additional gameplay elements and options<span id='postcolor'> Yep, BIS really listens to the community. And by reading the entire interview that is apparent. Anyway, I can't say I'm disappointed with anything. Yet? tounge.gif

EDIT: Well it's actually not easy to forget VON, I curse at typing in the game all the time, and sometimes it's hard to setup external voice application.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Marek Spanel: I can't tell you anything about the storyline at the moment but we're going to announce more details at upcoming E3 show about it. I can't give you any screenshots, I expect some first screenshots to be released sometimes in summer this year.<span id='postcolor'>

No screenshots on E3 confused.gif

confused.gif

And remember the interview has been translated into French, Czech, German and Swedish. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP.info: Concerning AI, could you give us some examples of what will change? I.e.: Will soldiers be affected by suppression fire?, will they try to find cover?

Marek Spanel: We want to rework the AI system to allow more scripting and designer control. It's too early to tell you any specific details<span id='postcolor'>

Yay no more stupid A.I biggrin.gif

Finally someone to fight with tounge.gif and not 'play' with

On the face of that interview it seems like Bohemia have really listen to the functionality requests/requirements of the community to make gameplay more realistic.

I just hope this all translates well into a final product, Can't wait to see some screenshots!

Err...

My impression from that interview is that OFP2 will largely be a polished, tweaked and optimised OFP1.

Three things the interviewer raised that I think are really important and the kind of stuff I'd like to see in ofp2 (ballistics, better armor modelling as well as air flight models) were all rejected by Marek.

confused.gifmad.gif

Bis is the best they totally listen to us, I love em hehehe.

I hope that ofp brings sometin that will satisfy all of us vets smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yay no more stupid A.I <span id='postcolor'>

I’m personally think OFP and IL2 FB has best AI in gaming market. At least for today. Sometimes ai in OFP really empress me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ 05 May 2003,08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yay no more stupid A.I <span id='postcolor'>

I’m personally think OFP and IL2 FB has best AI in gaming market. At least for today. Sometimes ai in OFP really empress me.<span id='postcolor'>

I dont doubt that but still i hate it when i fire a shot in front of an A.I. and it rolls down on the ground looking here and there , and god damn those LAW soldiers cant stay quiet crazy.gif

Nice interview, more differences between cadet and vet mode sounds good.

RED

I get the impression that they plan to release the OFP2_Oxygen into the commnity before OFP2 hits the shelves.

I suppose they will do it like they did Oxygen - a limited release to people who know what they are doing and have a prooven track record.

I create addons 95%, play OFP 5% so this aspect is more important to me than anything else.

Perhaps by 2004 I might have even released / finished something.

smile.gif

There might not be screen shots at E3, but I can hold my breath for them, its the actual game I wanna see, not the graphics.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I get the impression that they plan to release the OFP2_Oxygen into the commnity before OFP2 hits the shelves.<span id='postcolor'>

There probably is no such thing as OFP2_Oxygen, it will probably just be oxygen, but using different selections...

then i hope we get the normal version, not just o2 light

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gummi @ 05 May 2003,17:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">then i hope we get the normal version, not just o2 light<span id='postcolor'>

the full version just has an animation editor as extra, and extrude, which we can do manually anyway, and we have an unofficial animation editor already, so, theres not a whole lot of point to be honest...

In that codemasters chat thing some Codemaster guy said there would be no screenshots in E3 but a video of some kind... i dont know if thats true though

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> We would like to introduce animals in OFP2, that's all I can tell you now.<span id='postcolor'>

You make SpeedyDonkey very happy now smile.gif

Great reading, they are planning to make the game look better and larger islands too wow.gif , i wonder what the recomended specs will be to run such a beast eh? Very nice to hear some news from BIS, the future looks promising smile.gif .

IMHO BIS does listen to the community but what I think is happening is that all of the things that we want they already had in mind from the beginning but had to release CWC before they could all be implemented. I believe OFP2 to be the realization of everything they wanted in a game.

Ben

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 05 May 2003,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In that codemasters chat thing some Codemaster guy said there would be no screenshots in E3 but a video of some kind... i dont know if thats true though<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe they just want to show off some of thier models?

and in the interview he sayed the first pics will be shown sometime this summer... hmm confused.gif