Sign in to follow this  
waffendennis

Aircraft carrier

Well guys and gals check out what i found here biggrin.gif i saw it on ofp.at and its a nice aircraft carrier only you cant land on it now because its alpha but any way read some txt and see the pictures and have fun with it.

TXT:

Spad released the first alpha of the uss navy aircraft carrier Tarawa class, the carrier isnt finished yet the problem is you cannot land with choppers or planes on it, but i think as a empty obejct its good enough wink.gif

PICTURES:

picture1

picture2

picture3

picture4

Downloadlinks:

Download link 1

-----

In case the download link is not working il upload it to my FTP.

Have some static fun with it biggrin.gif

Well, my initial reaction is:

Yes, Yes! YES! YES!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (waffendennis @ 02 May 2003,10:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">picture4<span id='postcolor'>

The ship's been scuttled! wow.gif

Well, he did say it was alpha.

Impressive as hell for eye candy, but when you get close you realise its the wrong scale; maybe quarter size.

Is that because of a size limitation of models on OFP?

Would it not be better to build it in sections, and have it the correct scale? Colonel Klink's old Radar Station used a gimmick of grouping seperate units so they appeared in the right place; maybe that could be applied here.

I noticed a strange bug when I landed a helo on the deck. As I walked away, I was moving very slowly, thogh the animation was working at normal speed. Fair enough, thinks I, and noted it for reporting to the Creator. I turned around and walked back to the helo (A BAS MH6 Littlebird), and noticed that when I moved, the helo did as well, mirroring my movements.

Very odd.

Second problem, you fall through the deck from midships to stern.

I don't know if you are aware of the bugs, so I'll report them is I see them.

Keep up the good work. smile.gif

Well i dont know if i may upload it but i made a small bug fix so now it haves a roadway on the above of the carrier to walk on but not on evry piece it works but i acvise him to make it in seperate pieces like the carriers from the falklands those are more then 1 pieces tounge.gif

please waffendenis upload your work, i release it for all people who can improve it upload and release their improve variant. I just want that the ofp community can play with a workable aircraft carrier.

and if someone can resize it or split in multiple section do it, it is a free addon and you can make what you want with it. I just want that you release your work for the community that's all

have fun

Now let´s see how close the community can work together and get this carrier "working"!

Thanks to spad!

tarawa3.jpg

MfG Lee wink.gif

btw, it needs only 3FFAR´s to kill that carrier. Fix it too!

That's not an aircraft carrier! That's an amphibious assault ship! tounge.gif

yeah it is actually a heli carrier.

alright dit some research on it and some editing and i fixed almost all the bugs that i saw but spade do you have Hotmail/msn or something where i can contact you on progres of what i am doing?

why not make a static version like whit the LSD?? biggrin.gif

WaffenDennis, I hope you can release your modified version of this great carrier soon. All most of us want right now is just something that we can land and takeoff helicopters from. So please if you have a version that you can do this from, I hope you can release it soon and then just release updates with Spad as you two make progress on it.

Thanks Spad for the excellent looking carrier! I personally think that the size is fine (well at least it looks very big to me). I can't wait to be able to launch Marines from this amphibious assault ship!!!

Keep up the great work guys!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Octowussy @ 02 May 2003,16:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can't download it from that link  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Its uploaded to OFPBase now (cause i had to try a few times to d/l it as well). Base's direct link to the addon is here.

I just hope someone will be able to make this landable. confused.gif

I don't know what everyone is talking about.  If anything, the scale is a bit too large.  This is obviously a Wasp Class LHD and not a Nimitz class carrier.  Here are some Wasp pictures to give an idea of scale.  Note the amphibious well deck in particular.  The modeled one is too big.  Other than that, excellent work guys!

71703983txSRaM_ph.jpg

71704050NdnBIu_ph.jpg

71704011fqlODx_ph.jpg

Here's a side by side (sort of) comparison:

71703983txSRaM_ph.jpg

71704901qiJfSJ_ph.jpg

Also, a link to a nice website with stats, schematics and pictures:

Wasp Class LHD

but... it is a LHA uss tarawa class : the belleau wood and the tarawa

but it is almost the same as a lhd an amphibious assaut ship

actually, size wise, they are pretty close. A Wasp/Tarawa Class (Wasp is an "improved" Tarawa) are, per that site,

(don't have my Janes guide nearby... sad.gif ) 844 feet long.

A Nimitz class CVN is 1,092 feet long. So that LHA/LHD is still one big boat!

I actually scaled the Tarawa after my last post and believe it or not, from outside the model is actually TOO BIG.

But get on deck, and figure this out:

2423423.jpg

I'm confused.