Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Don't tread on me

Can you defend your base against the coming german onslaught?

Don't tread on me

The mission takes place on kolgujev and is for 2-24 players and you will need Resistance to play it.

Hey! MP Coop Inv1944 is just what I'v been looking for. Thanks. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ 01 May 2003,15:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you defend your base against the coming german onslaught?<span id='postcolor'>

Well I played it and the answer is no. tounge.gif

They are some tough buggers, there is something you can do to make it much easier on you. but i dont wanna post spoilers here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ 01 May 2003,13:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They are some tough buggers, there is something you can do to make it much easier on you. but i dont wanna post spoilers here.<span id='postcolor'>

Please do not. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ 01 May 2003,10:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey!   MP Coop Inv1944 is just what I'v been looking for.  Thanks.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I made some conversions of 2 BIS MP Missions as well, you can download them at my yahoo group page biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ 01 May 2003,13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ 01 May 2003,13wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They are some tough buggers, there is something you can do to make it much easier on you. but i dont wanna post spoilers here.<span id='postcolor'>

Please do not.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Winters no spoil wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sinister[tnuC] @ 01 May 2003,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">dammit that tiger is hard to kill, 4 rockets and counting.....<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, you're just hitting it in the wrong spots, that's all biggrin.gif

On a lucky attempt, I can kill one w/ 2, usually I just wind up disabling them though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MSMS_KDXer @ 02 May 2003,04:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sinister[tnuC] @ 01 May 2003,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">dammit that tiger is hard to kill, 4 rockets and counting.....<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Aha! I found the F18 Hornet at the airport!

j/k

Oh man Winters, me and a friend just won the battle, but after nearly 4h. (no spoiler) We used only our selves for 99.9% of the mission, respawned 5 times each to team members. Lost 1 half track (couldn't move).

That's crazy man, something like Poland at start at the war. Maybe with more human players it would be easier. smile.gif

Damn, bn880 out. wink.gif

EDIT: This means effectively we needed only 12 men since the AI didn't kill anyone. biggrin.gif

People, people come on, there is a very easy way to defeat those forces in about 20 minutes or less. Mines was not the only game to end so quickly, others have done it also. wink.giftounge.gif

Of course, but time is not an issue, especially a few hours, survival is. smile.gif

I think we were communicating 50% of the time. (typing not voice comms)

I'm glad your enjoying it. biggrin.gif

if anyone wants a hint on how to make short work of the krauts, just PM me and i will learn yer sorry butts tounge.gif

Yep, all I can say is taking your chances with that much enemy infantry is not something you would like in real life. The idea is, once we realized the strength of the enemy, we won the mission without retrying.

There is the other style of playing, which appears to me is taking your chances with many retries and exceptional marksmanship. (very good also, but not a real life story) smile.gif

Taking chances and risks is like a disease when playing, because you really have no fear (well aware no one really dies in a simulation), we've been trying to get away from that. It's fun for sure, I really enjoyed the hours spent. tounge.gif

Heh, or maybe there is a deep secret to this. smile.gif

I was trying to make a recreation of a fictional battle (re-create a fictional battle?? hmmm) during the germans offensive through the ardennes. hence the breifing saying "the germans have broken through the lines and all hell has broken loose" it supposed to be a "last stand" to hold the line.

smile.gif Yeah I know that. It is as you desired too.

Yes BTW: we've played your mission a second time, now with 3 human players, the result was more what you intended.

40 minute fight with barely any communication and 3 total losses. smile.gif Too bad one of us tried to roll in a grenade (didn't know they were impact frags)

(That reminds me, I have to find a replacement for my old Wilco so I don't have to type like a monkey. TS maybe.)