Sign in to follow this  
Jinef

Rioters

Who here remembers Gimbal's Tossers?

I still use them in my Northern Ireland recreations and ther are great, but a bit limited. Couldn't someone do a remake or something with more models of people and women too? Also maybe add more objects to chuck. Also apparently it's possible to have a strike weapon if your gun runs out, could we have people with sticks who come and batter you?

cant you just use the addweapon/addmagazine commands and use the weapons from gimbals tossers with newer civi's?

just an idea smile.gif

Maybe a cat of nine tails?

Kinky OFP!

wow.gif

its a sort of whip...only it has like 9 ends to it...or something like that

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ 01 May 2003,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its a sort of whip...only it has like 9 ends to it...or something like that<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah used by seafaring captains on their sailors if they misbehaved.. latterly adopted for other uses.. of which I will say no more smile.gif

A new set of rioters would be great - especially if it included rioters with baseball bats, lead pipes etc.

But isn't it notoriously hard to implement hand-to-hand (especially for AI) in OFP?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But isn't it notoriously hard to implement hand-to-hand (especially for AI) in OFP?<span id='postcolor'>

And

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">perhaps this is where better scripting could come in?<span id='postcolor'>

Well heres where i come in biggrin.gif

im using this for my zombie mission but it would be good for riotrs to:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_zombie=_this select 0;

#main

?(!alive _zombie):goto "dead"

_zombie domove (getpos man1)

_target = man1

? _zombie distance _target <= 1 : _zombie addMagazine "StrokeFist"; goto "attack"

? _zombie distance _target > 1 && _zombie distance _target <= 5 : goto "engage"

? _zombie distance _target > 5 : _zombie doMove getPos _target

~1

goto "main"

#engage

_nX = getPos _target select 0

_nY = getPos _target select 1

_zombie setPos [_nX, _nY]

goto "main"

#attack

_target globalchat "arrrgghh get it off me!! Heeeelllpp!!"

_zombie fire "StrokeFist"

_x = random 2

? _x <= 1 : _target setDammage (getDammage _target + 0.1)

~1

_zombie removeMagazines "StrokeFist"

goto "main"

#dead

exit<span id='postcolor'>

It looks a bit cheap when they come to attack you thou because when they get to a certain distance they will not move any closer to you,so i had to teleport them right up close to the players face so they punch you.

Yeah, I never understood how someone can magicly make a TV appear and throw it in one hand. tounge.gif

Someone could always create a new animation.

What about G8's Rioters they where pretty good and if any one has it on there HD could they email it to me plez?d_kacz@yahoo.co.uk