Sign in to follow this  
McH

Petition against racism and holocaust denial

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 30 April 2003,18:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 30 April 2003,18:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this thread sucks.<span id='postcolor'>

How synical, coming from an anti-Oklahomian! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I save all my idealism for interstate rivalries smile.gif

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 30 April 2003,18wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 30 April 2003,18:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this thread sucks.<span id='postcolor'>

How synical, coming from an anti-Oklahomian! tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol, Oklahomian?

but Oklahoma is winning the war with Texas, we have beaten the cow ropers and crushed them. They do not have Will Rogers world airport, that is a lie

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ 30 April 2003,18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 30 April 2003,18wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 30 April 2003,18:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this thread sucks.<span id='postcolor'>

How synical, coming from an anti-Oklahomian! <!--emo&tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol, Oklahomian?

but Oklahoma is winning the war with Texas, we have beaten the cow ropers and crushed them. They do not have Will Rogers world airport, that is a lie<span id='postcolor'>

Infidel lies! We have taken Will Rogers airport, and we have crushed the mercenaries, at least the ones that did not run away.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ 30 April 2003,17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the congo some estimates put the death toll at OVER 4 MILLION (much of it ethnic conflict).

4 mutha****ing MILLION.

But hey ,they live in africa. Its far away, it doesnt involve

the global balance of power , europe or america so who gives a shit?

People suck. Sometimes i hate people. All of them. The bastards.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep....I 100% agree with you here. Now if the Congo had vast oil reserves it might be a different story...or a rich influencial population in the US. But since they're just poor Africans....well, let them kill each other. It doesn't matter if 4 million of them die, so long as we get Saddam and Osama.

The human brain is capable of great things...including amazing denial........

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ 30 April 2003,17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FallenPaladin-"We Europeans and especially we Germans are very well aware of our history. We honor life and freedom and another holocaust surely won`t happen in our countries."

So holocausts can only happen in europe?<span id='postcolor'>

Read what I wrote. Did I say holocausts can only happen in Europe? No, I did not. So what`s your point??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ 30 April 2003,17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><snip>

Ever heard of Africa? More holocausts than i wish to count.

Cambodia? Or do only european deaths matter?

How about Yugoslavia?

<snip>

<snip>

If thats a veiled reference to the USA then i think there are much more important countries to look at in relation to

to preventing current holocausts (although the USA would be vital in helping to bring pressure to bear). In the congo some estimates put the death toll at OVER 4 MILLION (much of it ethnic conflict).

4 mutha****ing MILLION.

People suck. Sometimes i hate people. All of them. The bastards.

<snip><span id='postcolor'>

Noone denied what`s happening in Africa. It`s well known and happening for many years now. Too long, but nobody really cares. Neither the UN is trying to stop the genocide there nor the strong and mighty force of the light, also known as USA.

Somalia was an attempt, but it failed. Even with the UN and the USA working on it. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ 30 April 2003,12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ 30 April 2003,17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the congo some estimates put the death toll at OVER 4 MILLION (much of it ethnic conflict).

4 mutha****ing MILLION.

People suck. Sometimes i hate people. All of them. The bastards.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep....I 100% agree with you here. Now if the Congo had vast oil reserves it might be a different story...or a rich influencial population in the US. But since they're just poor Africans....well, let them kill each other. It doesn't matter if 4 million of them die, so long as we get Saddam and Osama.<span id='postcolor'>

So you want the Belgians to send a large force there? I could probably go for that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ 30 April 2003,11:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess i could write my name there but... "Your signature information will still be shared with the sponsor of this petition." wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I don't believe they mean "corporate sponsor" just the one who created (sponsored) it. I may or may not be wrong.

Me too. Send in the Belgiums! biggrin.gifwink.gif

its also what iseral views as antisemitic, disagreeing with the palastine conflict where there sending in tanks and buldosers to destroy homes dosnt generate alot of support, saying that is bad and generally not thinkin highly iseral for it is not antisemitic. Just like how not support the war on iraq dosnt make u anti US, tho they think if u dont support them u hate them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ 30 April 2003,11:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 30 April 2003,18wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 30 April 2003,18:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this thread sucks.<span id='postcolor'>

How synical, coming from an anti-Oklahomian! <!--emo&tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol, Oklahomian?

but Oklahoma is winning the war with Texas, we have beaten the cow ropers and crushed them. They do not have Will Rogers world airport, that is a lie<span id='postcolor'>

THe Oklahoma infidels do not have Austin International, as a matter of fact we have crushed them, they are running away in a disorderly matter. tounge.gif

BTW: Signed although it wont help at all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ 01 May 2003,02:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ 30 April 2003,11:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 30 April 2003,18wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 30 April 2003,18:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this thread sucks.<span id='postcolor'>

lol, Oklahomian?

THe Oklahoma infidels do not have Austin International, as a matter of fact we have crushed them, they are running away in a disorderly matter. tounge.gif

BTW: Signed although it wont help at all.<span id='postcolor'>

We have taken George Bush Intercontinental Airport! The dirty texans have not even crossed the Red river without running like the swine they are.

the infidels are not even a hundred miles from Dubya International- we drove the mercenaries out after they committed suicide for several days against the courageous defenders of the airport. In fact, we have surrounded the cowards in Oklahoma City, and are proceeding to kill them quickly. Operations are ongoing, but be assured that we control the whole place, and are roasting the yellow dogs on the spits of hell.

I'm going to sign a BIS petition soon to label Baghdad Bob jokes as spam. smile.gif And French white flag also, together with "knock knock" jokes.

In the mean time I'll sign this racism thingie. wink.gif Let's see

wow.gif

Can I ask a stupid question (sorry if this makes me sound really ignorant) - why can other historical facts and figures be argued, denied etc. by scholars and others, but the Holocaust is a sacred cow that cannot be brought into question?

For instance, if I argued that (to give a ficticious example) only 500,000 women were executed for being witches in the dark ages rather than the proposed figure of 1,000,000 it wouldn't generate the outrage that a similar suggestion about Holocaust death figures would.

(Just for the record, I personally believe that there is no evidence to argue against figure of 6,000,000 - I'm not anti-semitic, just curious).

cause there are ppl who experienced it and is alive to tell about it. in other words, still a "recent" incident in terms of history.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ 01 May 2003,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cause there are ppl who experienced it and is alive to tell about it. in other words, still a "recent" incident in terms of history.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I can see your point, but the fact remains - can you really censor people's right to question or challenge historic facts and figures? I think you just have to rely on the majority of the population being rational and not buying in to conspiracy theories and the like.

Still, I can certainly see where it would be offensive and hurtful to a Holocaust survivor or relative of a victim if someone was claiming the Holocaust never happened...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ 01 May 2003,07:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think you just have to rely on the majority of the population being rational and not buying in to conspiracy theories and the like.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh shit! We're in trouble then! Where's that petition tounge.gif

We don't need virtual petitions. It's simple to write something....

We have to act in real life. You are witness of acts of racism/anti-semitism/anti-christianism/anti-muslimism? Engage! Intervene! The ordinary mob doesn't want publicity, so if you call the people's attention to them they will run away.

("Look what they are doing! *grapscellphone* Yes, officer, street xyz, they are still here, you can catch 'em!")

Sometimes you are able to talk to them --be prepared to provide facts. And remember, if they attack you, the "emergency stop"-button is located between the legs...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ 01 May 2003,05:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the infidels are not even a hundred miles from Dubya International- we drove the mercenaries out after they committed suicide for several days against the courageous defenders of the airport. In fact, we have surrounded the cowards in Oklahoma City, and are proceeding to kill them quickly. Operations are ongoing, but be assured that we control the whole place, and are roasting the yellow dogs on the spits of hell.<span id='postcolor'>

lies, lies! You cannot beleive the Texan propoganda. They never even got close to oklahoma city. We won the war, they are killing our women and live stock, and ice cream does not have bones. The rest of the states will help us fight off these imperialistic dictators!

I know this is an old thread but I am baffled why it was even allowed here. ARMA is a war game. Not a political tool. BIS try their best to remain politically neutral. Look ow BF$ was banned in China and to be honest I think it was warrented. Besides why shouldnt people be allowed to question the holocaust. I believe neither it wasnt true or it is true. I am open-minded. The word means something to do with being killed by fire and some of the worst single events for that were bombings of cities by the allies. Plus Stalin's Red Army committed some of the worst war crimes in history against the German civilians. Germany almost had its bloodline wiped out. We need to stop violence in general. Not just against Jews or any one race/ideology. That is why ARMA is so awesome as it allows us an outlet for our warlike nature without actually hurting anybody. If I had my war real wars would be decided in ARMA, if fought at all.

Because this is the off topic section and thus not pertaining to the game hence all of the politics and whatnot ending up here.

And if I'm not mistaken Arma 3 was banned in Iran or something like that despite the game making them on the level of the US military if not in some ways better ingame.

On another note please do not necro threads, much less ones that were buried so deep they were in the second layer of the earths crust by this point.

This must be a record in terms of oldest necro'd thread..

This must be a record in terms of oldest necro'd thread..

Some OFP editing threads relating to the tools (or rather before we had any) get necro'd now and again all the way from late 2001. Not even a photo finish is needed :o