Sign in to follow this  
McH

Petition against racism and holocaust denial

Ohhh man! This thread has almost more years than me... BTW what was the point of opening back?

And if I'm not mistaken Arma 3 was banned in Iran or something like that despite the game making them on the level of the US military if not in some ways better ingame.

Everything is banned in Iran. It's pretty much routine by this point. If you ever lived there you'd know exactly how many f**ks would be given for the official "ban" list. All a "ban" means is essentially when you go to the cd store and the guy asks you, "Hi sir what would you like to have a look at today?" you reply with, "I'd like to see your banned games today thanks."

It's no real loss anyway, BI wouldn't have made any money selling physical copies in Iran since copyright laws do not apply to most foreign games, so there are companies that professionally crack, re-label and sell games for 4-5$, and that includes "banned" games. So for example you'll probably find physical copies of ArmA in stores but they won't be under the BI banner, instead they'll have some random company's logo on it, with that company's own custom packaging.

Only way to get ArmA legit in Iran is digitally - with or without a ban - which the government can't block, so i doubt BI lost any money (or sleep) over that "ban".