Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

Do we need female soldier?

Well, I think BIS deserves to give the avon lady a character of her own! But anyway this was on a website

At least 1,200 female soldiers were stationed in Vietnam in various branches of the military as photojournalists, clerks, typists, intelligence officers, translators, flight controllers, even band leaders. They served prominently in Saigon, in the Mekong Delta and at Long Binh, which was, for a time, the largest Army headquarters in the world.

Apparently in Vietnam, very few if any women actually fought in the war...

I vote NO! I dont wanna shoot women and i dont want be shot by womem, how many girls play this game anyway? Stick with realism tounge.gif .

Yes, there should be a female unit included, if not for the campaign, for use in multiplay.

Believe it or not, the game does have some female players who may wish to have a female character- and male players who (for one reason or another) might want to play a female troop. I have a friend who in most games we used to play (DF, R6) used to take a female character so we could more easily identify each other during missions.

biggrin.gif Cervomix  

I voted 1 because I 'see' enough girls\women in some leagues who are feared by many male players and they die for a women soldier character in OFP.

Ingame I have no respect for females, knowing that the next bullet is for me if she gets the chance tounge.gif

Shoot first, be nice when the b*tch is dead wink.gif

*gets shot in the back*wow.gif , She spawned back mad.gif

I voted for #1

Although they are a rare sight on the battlefield, they would be helpful in multiplayer.

If OFP2 is set in vietnam, many of the VC should be women, because women played an important role in the Viet Cong.

I think they should be implemented into OFP2. They could be in guerilla units such as the Viet Cong or if the setting for OFP2 is more modern, they could be in military units, depending on the army. You might for example come across a female medic at a first aid station or something, or driving a supply truck or flying a chopper. It would add more realism, as females are starting to play more of a part in armies worldwide.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would add more realism, as females are starting to play more of a part in armies worldwide. <span id='postcolor'>

Starting to, yes, but did they years and years ago? Ive yet to see a woman with a weapon fighting for either side in vietnam movie, picture etc...

However a mulitplayer option to have a female voice and skin would be good, as the female members of our clan get a bit tetchy over this sort of thing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 30 April 2003,03:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, I think BIS deserves to give the avon lady a character of her own! But anyway this was on a website

At least 1,200 female soldiers were stationed in Vietnam in various branches of the military as photojournalists, clerks, typists, intelligence officers, translators, flight controllers, even band leaders. They served prominently in Saigon, in the Mekong Delta and at Long Binh, which was, for a time, the largest Army headquarters in the world.

Apparently in Vietnam, very few if any women actually fought in the war...<span id='postcolor'>

I saw female vietcong holding captured m16s and laughing on history chnnel crazy.gif

and who were the 2 middle sex guys/girls? crazy.gif  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heatseeker @ 30 April 2003,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I vote NO! I dont wanna shoot women and i dont want be shot by womem, how many girls play this game anyway? Stick with realism tounge.gif .<span id='postcolor'>

Pay no attention to this frightened child, BIS & CM! mad.gif

KaPow! tounge.gif

I think having women soldiers is unneccessary - I mean, I have yet to see a chick in uniform who DOESN'T look like a man. And I'm not kidding. You can't tell they're females unless they happen to have long hair hanging out, or their hair in a bun with an oversized cover.

Add combat equipment and a few days in the field on top of that, and she'd have to be wearing lipstick. Or, she might be the only one who looks freshly shaved.

I mean, what do you guys think females wear in the military? Body hugging leather flight suits? Flattering BDUs?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heatseeker @ 30 April 2003,01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I vote NO! I dont wanna shoot women and i dont want be shot by womem, how many girls play this game anyway? Stick with realism tounge.gif .<span id='postcolor'>

The VC had women in combat. Communism's theme was equality and quite a few women fought and died in the VC.

It would be disrepectful to ignore this, esp to assuage the insecurities of teenage boys wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ 30 April 2003,08:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Add combat equipment and a few days in the field on top of that, and she'd have to be wearing lipstick. Or, she might be the only one who looks freshly shaved.<span id='postcolor'>

When you can't get the doubleknot out of your army boot laces, don't come crying to me! mad.gif

I know that BIS have their own way but dear God I hope they are not gonna make me play as an women....Maybe they should add women faces+voices not for the campaign itself but for future mods where womens could have a more significant role wink.gif

Although they have every right to be included, I must admit I don't like the general idea of shooting women, or children for that matter...

Only if they are realistically displayed in their roles in the U.S army. I.E support. You'd see them in forward support units.

some picture of female soldier  smile.gif

Image301.gif

AV04%20female_soldier_jpg.jpg

Arvn7.jpg

Yes, females. More options is better. You won't have to play as them if you don't want to. It will be good for multiplayer.

There are female soldiers in some armies, although not in the combat arms in UK or US.

It is said that female soldiers are better at using vehicles like airplanes or choppers that require a large amount of attention and a sharp mind, seeing as the female brain is better at handling multiple tasks at once whereas the male brain is better at handling a single task and carry it out with utmost precision.

Although I highly doubt something like that will be noticable in OFP2.

thats like saying lefties are more creative than righties tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Image301.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't that basic training though, regardless everyone does that. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pong2cs @ 30 April 2003,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is said that female soldiers are better at using vehicles like airplanes or choppers that require a large amount of attention and a sharp mind, seeing as the female brain is better at handling multiple tasks at once whereas the male brain is better at handling a single task and carry it out with utmost precision.<span id='postcolor'>

That's right. I can fire Hellfires at Shilkas from my Apache and chat on the phone all at the same time. biggrin.gif

I think the best reccently example is Private Jessica Lynch in Operation Iraqi Freedom. smile.gif