Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

High detail helicoptor!

And there's more to come! Unfortunaly he told us they are not finished because he doesn't have the time. sad.gif

I would suggest to send them to Martin, if Martin wants to finish them confused.gif

Well maybe BiS wants them 2 who knows  biggrin.gif

they look great, that`s for sure smile.gif

Anyways it`s his call

the bell214 looks like still have long way to go smile.gif

Cany any 1 gives his Mail adres because i want to contact him for some thing but i gues that the guy is using JPG and that gives a strange effect then in game so i hope he is not using JPG but thumbs up for him and i hope he finish it 100%

Maybe I'm the only one but I don't like it wink.gif Sure it looks brilliant. But besides my worries that my computer will only work in slow motion I imagined what happens when you use this chopper ingame in a mission.

There is a nice mission and suddenly this brilliant chopper appears. Everything else in OFP would look like $hit compared to that chopper. In my opinion it doens't suit in the game at that detail unless someone makes every unit in that detail. Well and then I am sure I'd need a more powerful computer.

Also, theres something slightly suspect about those latter models, the first 3 undoubtedly look amazing, however the OH-58 with the floating skids, the 214 and the 412 look vastly different in quality where they dont use parts from the original 3 models, if they were all made by the same person you would expect the quality to be consistent in all of the models, im not sure if this is an indication of something, but it does seem rather suspect...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ 29 April 2003,21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, theres something slightly suspect about those latter models, the first 3 undoubtedly look amazing, however the OH-58 with the floating skids, the 214 and the 412 look vastly different in quality where they dont use parts from the original 3 models, if they were all made by the same person you would expect the quality to be consistent in all of the models, im not sure if this is an indication of something, but it does seem rather suspect...<span id='postcolor'>

If he's not got as far as skinning them yet, it's possible. Besides, all the later Hueys should be in Marine colours. Just using existing while he builds?

My thought is that they're too good. I will be very impressed if these aircraft are produced.

Notice; they're on an O2 background, but not ingame, even with an object Config file?

I smell a rat.

confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ 30 April 2003,18:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ 29 April 2003,21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, theres something slightly suspect about those latter models, the first 3 undoubtedly look amazing, however the OH-58 with the floating skids, the 214 and the 412 look vastly different in quality where they dont use parts from the original 3 models, if they were all made by the same person you would expect the quality to be consistent in all of the models, im not sure if this is an indication of something, but it does seem rather suspect...<span id='postcolor'>

If he's not got as far as skinning them yet, it's possible. Besides, all the later Hueys should be in Marine colours. Just using existing while he builds?

My thought is that they're too good. I will be very impressed if these aircraft are produced.

Notice; they're on an O2 background, but not ingame, even with an object Config file?

I smell a rat.

confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, it seems strange that he would spend so much time finishing the OH-58, OH-6 and UH-1D in secrecy and then as he shows them he shows 4-5 more versions that look as though theyve been knocked up very quickly...

Well yet again can some 1 gives me his mail adres so i can contect him to sorta some things out.

What is wrong with using jpg textures, I used them on my WA2000 and M82 and see no diference apart from they look better. I can recall someone saying that they look wierd further away or somet. I dont have any probs like that. confused.gif

The problem is that if everyone used jpegs OFP would become very laggy even on high end systems. Jpgs do not remain compressed in VRAM whereas paas and pacs do. It's a performance issue....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ 30 April 2003,21:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is wrong with using jpg textures, I used them on my WA2000 and M82 and see no diference apart from they look better. I can recall someone saying that they look wierd further away or somet. I dont have any probs like that. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Search The FAQ for "jpg textures" and thanks for the heads-up.

nice but wy posted the maker earlyer about this? and its posible to use the jpg but i advise dont make it not fuly of jpg so jpg an pac or paa and on weapons its no problem because the weapon is not big but if you use big things the lag thing will come up even you have a P4 with Gforce4 like me biggrin.gif but heads up and i hope this little thing will come out soon.

Edit:

Well this is what the FAQ of our well known Avonlady says:

BIS' lead programmer, Ondrej Spanel, says that, while JPG textures can be used, the performance overhead when using JPGs is quite significant, as JPG decompression must be done by the CPU.

Another point is that mipmapping does not work well with JPG textures in OFP. Therefore, JPG objects viewed from greater distances may be rendered too fine, causing graphics performance overhead for using mipmaps too large for small objects.

so heres the thing wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ 30 April 2003,18:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ 29 April 2003,21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, theres something slightly suspect about those latter models, the first 3 undoubtedly look amazing, however the OH-58 with the floating skids, the 214 and the 412 look vastly different in quality where they dont use parts from the original 3 models, if they were all made by the same person you would expect the quality to be consistent in all of the models, im not sure if this is an indication of something, but it does seem rather suspect...<span id='postcolor'>

I smell a rat.

confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

stop thinking like that crazy.gif just becuz they look good you dont have to show an ingame pic

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cervomix @ 30 April 2003,02:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And there's more to come! Unfortunaly he told us they are not finished because he doesn't have the time.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This says enough dont you think?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ShadowY @ 30 April 2003,23:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">s300_3.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Apparently it's the UNITED STATES ARNY now smile.gif

This guy must be a machine there is now a pic of a sikorski s58 hope he release a big chopper pack instead of 1 by 1 wink.gif

Truly Jawdropping!

I just hope its for real.

If so, then I would like to be able to give the creator a suggestion; Considering releasing these models in a resistance side version too. Just drop the USA markings and slap a FIA logo on it. One of my oldest wishes for OFP is to have a high quality western orientated (weapon wise) resistance side for the Cold War era.

If these choppers materialize with such a feature, I'll sing a silly song, pay tribute to the addon gods, and promise to better my ways and devote more of my time to the holy study of mission editing

L8R,

TopCover

I cant believe this.

He must be a software company on his own tounge.gif

New chopper pic 1

New chopper pic 2

I like this one.

Hopefully he ll be finishing them and the pics are not just eyecandy of things we wait for and ask ourselfs in 3 months where the hell they are ....