Sign in to follow this  
havocsquad

Havoc's fighter campaign demo mission

I have finally been able to release the demo mission for my Fighter Campaign.

Just go to  http://nebula.spaceports.com/~falcon3/OFP/HFC/hfcmissions/index.html to get the demo mission.

The main web address for the campaign is http://nebula.spaceports.com/~falcon3/OFP/HFC/index.html

Use the main web address to look for information updates, check up recent screenshots posted, etc.

This mission is for OFP Resistance only, version 1.91 or higher.  The mission  includes a music track added to the mission that you can play over and over again through the radio command while you play the mission.

Addons that are included in the zip file:

m109v2 v190.zip

305-HARDEN_ARICRAFT_SHELTERS.ZIP

Addons that need to be downloaded:

F-14 TOMCAT V1.0.ZIP

F-15E.zip

-You can get this at   www.redelder.com/files/addons/ofp/F-15E.zip

DKM M-109 ADATS.ZIP

403-DKM TUNGUSKA.ZIP

If there is any problems with the mission or if I forgot a needed addon, please post that here in this topic.

I also would appreciate feedback from all that played this demo mission, so if you are interested in downloading the campaign later, I can probably make adjustments to make it even better.

Anyways, hope you enjoy it..

Later.

Mr. Hitman.

F-14? that tomcat is IMHO of poor quality. Better use a Hornet instead!

The reason I didn't change it from a newer addon is because if I change the aircraft for it, then some cutscenes won't probably work as designed very well.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it would work correctly unless I RE-SCRIPT the hole damn cutscene(s).

Such additions might be made done permenantly to increase the overall experience, but until I have finished the campaign, I won't mess with any other new addons besides the ones listed here for the demo mission unless necessary.

When I'm done with the campaign, I'll have the ability to play around with new addons in my campaign before release.

Later.

Mr. Hitman

Has anyone had to chance to play the Demo mission?   I'm just really eager for some feedback, good or bad.

Just wanted to ask if the addons list for the demo mission was too much, just about right, or perfect amount of addons for the demo mission.

If there is a addon you can't get or can't find, let me know and I'll try to find a way to get it to you.

That's all I can think about for now...

Later all.

Mr. Hitman.

missing ITA_F16 (this could be a local prob though)

Ok...

A: dont have the music playing throughout, it adds even more lag (its already too laggy IMHO) and is distracting.

B: Start the pilots in the jets, unless you are going to give the user different jets to choose. use the this moveindriver "name" command...

C: Too laggy

D: Too laggy

Otherwise looks like it has promise...

and less addons too

Well, the main reason I did that is you've just got invaded, so it seems foolish to think that you'd be already prepared and in the cockpit.   The entire island of Everon is caught off guard, living in happiness after the end of the Cold War.  The demo mission is also a sort of test to the player's ability to command his aircraft and the men in them.  If you've noticed, it can be a real pain to get all your Airmen in the right bird if you don't know what you are doing with 2 seated aircraft like the Strike Eagle.

Sorry, but large number of addons is Vital to the success of the campaign.  I will keep the number of them down as much as possible.  However, I don't know about anyone else's  feelings about this, but I've gotten sick of using A-10's to try and shoot down Hinds and Su-25's.  I want variety and realism in the campaign, and I need the addons to give me that.

Yes, I know it can get laggy.  I'm running my game on a P3 800mhz with 16 meg video card, and it does great (Seriously it does good.)  What is your PC specs rufusmac?  I should have probably put some minimum system requirements for playing this campaign.  Thanks for the headsup about the Lag.

I suggest you have a minimum P3 700 mhz, with  32 meg video card and 256 megs of RAM

I should soon have a web site up for you to look at the Campaign screenshots.  The campaign will involve at least 11 missions.  Eight missions are strictly aircraft mission based, and 3 ground based missions.  The exact number isn't known, but I have 90% of the gamplay part of the campaign finished, just working on cutscenes, bugs, and intros & outros.

There will be two versions of the campaign, the first one will be full featured.  That means that all of the Soundtrack music will be included with it.

The light edition of the campaign will be much smaller but will have some music soundtracks added to it for certain scenes and parts of the campaign that must have it.

The updated version of the Demo mission is now available at the same download link, this one will not require the uneeded F-16 addon.  So go get it if you want the un-needed addon bug removed or if you haven't downloaded it, get it and enjoy the ride, more will be on its way soon in the form of a Fighter Campaign.

Later.

Mr. Hitman.

I love air missions! I'll try this tomorow night when i have more time. The addons listed aren't unecesseray and Im a mission maker myself so I understand his point about trying to shot down su-25's with a A-10... crazy.gif

I got all the addons there already because I try getting unique addons and air addons especially. When Im choosing what to download im thinking, do I want a new boring tank or do I want a awesome f-15 fighter aircraft with AA-capabilities.. smile.gif and btw havocsquad do you have a icq or something that i can contact you on?

Oh YES, I definitely have ICQ.  My ICQ ID# is 91310176

Unfortunately, I am only able check my stuff once a week, so it might be a while before I get a reply to you.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the demo mission.  I also have a mission trailer of this campaign in the past before the demo mission, I'll get it published soon also.

One annoying note, FrontPage is giving me problems so I won't have the new web pages up until next week at minimum.

Hope you enjoy it,

Later.

Mr. Hitman.

didn't mean to sound so rough before... biggrin.gif

um, my comp is actually not bad (1.5ghz, 64mbGeforce3) and the level still lagged quite a bit.  What I meant to say was, IHMO

1:  if you don't start the pilots in the jets (which still makes sense), why dont you have them at least [this setbehaviour "safe"] or something.

2:  Either have the music stop playing after the intro, or have it kick in when you zoom into combat.  Taxiing is not all that exciting, and the music gets repetitive after a few times.

3:  The tomcat addon is not really that great, and it fires HARM missiles (I think) which are anti-radar missiles...  sadly, OFP does not know the difference between a HARM and a Maverick...

Otherwise, the most important part of the mission, the action, is exciting!   I eagerly await the campaign.

Ack, you still complaining about lag?  Buy a parrot and have it voice type that in every time you post here.   biggrin_o.gif

Anyways, everyone is supposed to have a different view on things in life, or I'd literally die of bordeom. tounge_o.gif    I'll try to keep that in mind when I do more of my work.

However, you might want to get the "Light" version of my Fighter campaign when it comes out.  That way it should not be of any problem, but feel free to do what you want.

Look forward to hearing your review or critique of my campaign when it is finished.

Later all.

Havoc.

Add some links to where we can download the addons. The link on your page is just under construction (if you want my opinion, you should take that page down until it's finished. nothing is more frustrating than an under construction page when you need whats on the page).

Add some links to where we can download the addons.  

I'm sure you meant to include a please there.

If there is any problems with the mission or if I forgot a needed addon, please post that here in this topic.

I wasn't asking him, I was telling him, like he asked us to.

The Addon Links page is up with all the links to the needed addons for the demo mission, I'll fix it up and make it look better when I have time.

I'd like some feedback about the screenshots and such about the Campaign web site, I'm curious about how it rates as peaking your interest in getting it.

More details as they come up, please be patient if there is any problems with the web site because right now I don't get much time to use the internet right now.

Later all.

Havoc.

Just an update to get things straight, the Havoc's Fighter Campaign web site is at http://nebula.spaceports.com/~falcon3/OFP/HFC/index.html

To find the Demo mission, go to Mission Downloads button and it will be on that web page.

The list of addons needed for the Demo mission is listed in the Campaign Addon Links button.

If you have any problems or questions, post them here in this topic or E-mail me at havoc_squad@yahoo.com

Good news, I have post an updated on the campaign web site about information regarding the campaign.

The main HFC page, one more screenshot added.  Sorry about putting only one new screenshot on the 3rd page.  There won't be much more screenshots released until it gets very close to completion, now I don't ruin the suprise and the suspense for ya...   biggrin_o.gif

Anyways, I appreciate all the feedback given and encourage more to who haven't to try out my mission and give me some feedback about it.

Later.

Havoc.

Hey all.

This campaign has become more than I ever thought it would be in scale.  Therefore, I am looking for skilled help for my campaign.  I am mainly asking for this to get a different view on my campaign and improve some of the storyline and certain camera scenes.

I have most of the work done, the storyline is already written and 93% of the missions have been already made.  All that is needed is an objective eye that can give some good advice for the campaign, a person that can do decent to great camera scripting, and that person knows a decent amount about aircraft and aircraft related things.

I know this is probably hard to find someone here in OFP with these skills, but I would be very greatful if someone could team up with me so I can finish this campaign produce a jaw dropping Fighter Campaign that rivals anything produced.

Now for the news:

Just an update on Havoc's Fighter Campaign.   Nothing really much has changed on the web site, but more campaign missions have been completed, bugs have been fixed and some intro's and outro's have been really totally reworked and should be a lot better now.

The biggest improvement is the scenes with Air-to-Air Action, I have created some good Air to Air action with the limited AI abilities of OFP.  The scenes would be more complicated but OFP's aircraft AI is not intellegent enough to behave like aircraft sim AI.

If you have any questions about assisting me in this campaign or questions about the campaign, post it here or you can PM it to me.

Later all.

Havoc.

Just a small update posting

Much progress has been made on the campaign, much to do but I have accomplished a lot of the organization of the missions and cleaning a lot of them up.  I know this sounds like a parrot squawking, but true progress is being done as fast as possible.

This campaign that will hopefully test your instinct to survive in OFP, your will to win and nothing else will do, and test how well you can cope with your emotions when the horrors of war give you a front row seat and either force you to become stronger or end up as a nutcase and have a permenant stay in a mental institution.

Anyways, there is now officially 31 missions in the Campaign, 29 are playable.

I believe 14 or more music soundtracks for certain missions.

The number of Fighter missions in the campaign is:  12

The number of Regular Infantry/Mechanized missions:  8

The number of Special Operations missions:  5

The number of Miscellaneous missions:  4

The information from this update will be posted on the web site soon as possible.

If you have any questions or comments about the campaign, post them here.   If you want to help out on my Fighter campaign, Personal Message me or E-mail me at havoc_squad@yahoo.com.

Later.

Havoc.

Good news, I have recent screenshots of my campaign.  After much thinking, I have decided to use the BAS Blackhawk pack for my campaign.  The BAS UH-60L looks great overall when used in the campaign and it adds to the realism to the campaign atmosphere.

Although the MH-60's will not be used for most of the campaign missions, the MH-60's MIGHT be used for the final HFC mission.

Anyways, here are the some of the new pics from my campaign.

I won't post them all because 14 jpeg pics is far too many to post in a reply to a topic.

0.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

The rest of the pics will be updated on the Campaign web site as soon as possible, you can find it here.

Let me know what you think about the screenshots, and feel free to post any questions or comments you might have about the missions involving these new screenshots.

I'll keep ya all posted.

Later,

Havoc.

Havoc.