Sign in to follow this  
gameworx

What about a campaign in multiplayer mode

that would be a great addition, and to anyone who says "no" well then dont play it then! ive played a similar idea in Falcon 4 and i can say its very cool smile.gif

Yep, This would be a GREAT addition.

As would enabling the easy creation of user made coop campaigns.

Comeon guys, more than 90 views and only 20 votes? What's wrong?

I remember asking about this in OFP1, and one of the BIS guys said that he envisioned COOP becoming virtually identical to SP except that AI on team is human. This would be awesome. Then we don't have to wait around for intros and can play from mission into mission.

If JIP is introduced, it could make for some very long campaigns.

Co-op campaign worked excellently in Hidden and Dangerous (which is still one of my fav games). It would work great in OFP

Small scripted campaigns, yes. Long scripted campaigns (like 1985 cwc campaign), no. I think it would take too long to finish it. unless you could pick up where you left off

dynamic campaigns? YES!!! Falcon 4.0 pulled this off very nicely, no two missions are the same. just attach the player to a unit (or let the player select it for themselves) and come up with general missions that the units would do. recon units do recon patrols, spec ops units do special things biggrin_o.gif, infantry units attack and guard. the trick is setting up waypoints and objectives to fit the dynamic campaign. of course it's all led by AI commanders.

just a thought. smile_o.gif

well just look at planetside....

and people are gonna pay 30 quid and then 8 quod a month for 5,000 people to fill up their connection...

if ofp can do that with 64 ( ok, under that a bit) players it's all the more reason to buy it!

and if people don't like 'vietcong, central europe and southern afirca' just mod it!

also, if they get all the stuff we want in it, they're gonna be rich!

Something cool might be Operation Flashpoint galexies, go from island from island against massive amounts of pplz, pick what you wanna do, soldier, mercinary, homemaker.

Something cool might be Operation Flashpoint galexies, go from island from island against massive amounts of pplz, pick what you wanna do, soldier, mercinary, homemaker.

I don't like the idea.. (I like the campaign idea, but not KoolKid's smile_o.gif)

Homemaker? What the hell, this game ain't no martha stewart thing!

Yeh... i agree, its too much like some other games in the past that havent done aswell as OFP i think. I also think we do not want to change the idea of the game too much, (coop campaigns are good, but stuff like that is too wierd [KoolKids on]) If it ain't broke, dont fix it. rock.gif

the_unknown_one

I think an official campaign coop would be brilliant.  With a well controlled JIP which keeps a team loyal to the mission even as members are replaced you can't go wrong.  A possible idea is to have a select group actively doing the campaign and any people that pop onto the server are inserted into the opposition forces where they can't ruin the campaign.

There is the idea of an ongoing battle similar to CTI except the mission status can be saved if it is a squad battle so it can be spread over several nights. Any oddjobs who turn up if the server is unlocked could be allocated to badly armed guerilla forces.

Maybe even a mode similar to the boardgame Risk or WWIIOL where different Islands are used for the different countries and overall logistics are preserved and calculated by battle results and resources.

I reckon OFP2 could do a better job than WWIIOL of simulating large battles considering you could only have 64 people in your local area anyway with WWIIOL.  With all the addons which will be quickly made available there would probably be many different scenarios available on different servers around the world.

babble ends

well, look at games like americas army... (free smile_o.gif ) ok, you play the entrie campaign on multi there,(mind you, theres no AI or storyline) . It could work, in theory

Good idea...

Coop campaings would be fun. 5 missions would be good length. smile_o.gif

I saw once time, dont remember where, the original BIS campaign reconfigured to Multyplayer COOP of some OFP Freak. It should be easy to decrypt the pbo and add some players to the missions also in OFP2 i think. if anybody knows where to download those multycampaign, pls post it here. i would love to repeat some original campaigns in a 3 person LAN Week Session.

May the lag be with ya

[CAVE]guerilla

It would be good to have another game that allows you to play the campaign with your buddies.

I remember playing through a whole episode in DOOM, way back in the days of dinosaurs and caves. Most games nowadays are just DM DM DM. Co-op is a nice breath of fresh air.

[Gareth Gates must die]