Sign in to follow this  
deathguy

About chopper/plane

post up some other suggestions about choppers/planes if I forget any smile.gif

1. be able to stand up into a big chopper like the CH-47 and shoot whit is weapon

2. cargo planes! cargo planes were you can also stand up and walk into it, can parachute out of it and can transport vehicules

3. parachute would be an option. that mean you could get in a plane or chopper and stand up...but you could not have a parachute. could be put into the gear page and you would choose to put into your backpack or not

4. behing able to "jump" out of the chopper, when the chop is at low altitude, but not on the ground, behing able to jump out and roll on the ground or just jump and land on you feet

this can be helpfull when troops are drop into a hot region

5. multiple guns on chopper that can be handle like two machines guns on the sides.

that's all for now

sorry ...just thought of this.... but it would be pretty sweet to have the option to hook up a flight joy stick if you were a pilot of a plane or heli....

just a lil thought biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bullz_eye_on_my_back @ 27 April 2003,23:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sorry ...just thought of this.... but it would be pretty sweet to have the option to hook up a flight joy stick if you were a pilot of a plane or heli....

just a lil thought  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That is already possible in OFP.

It would be nice if its possible to slide down with a rope from a chopper a la Black Hawk Down.

I want some airspace for serious dog fighting smile.gif

And rappling support in-game plus dual MG's and better plane handling and then I WANT MORE HELIS AND PLANES FOR THE EAST SIDE biggrin.gif

1 thing: Ã wanna just stand up in a c130 hercules and walk to the rear and just jump out!! not that you have to push one button and that you're hanging under a parachute in the air!

Something that has irretated me for a long time is that on the MI17 there are a MG in the nose, but it cant be used... rock.gif

And I allso want a real realistic flight sim... smile_o.gif

I remember reading somewhere that Ondrej is a huge flightsim fan. I would surprised if they don't raise the level of the physics engine for helo and aircraft.

In helo the ability to jink and turn without loosing enormous amounts of airspeed would be a good start.

Also perhaps some separate classes for helos.

Light observation helo, attack helo, transport/heavy helo, gunship, etc. All with different handling characteristics.

Guest BratZ

Yes that would be great .

Of course multiple firing points is a must for OFP2

Vehicles explode depending on how they hit the ground ,etc..

(no more of that bouncy dead plane)

Some friction so planes dont roll on hills (applies to all vehicles)

Ability to make AI land anywheres

New animations (moving hand and flightstick)

Angle and bank functions!

Manual parachutes and be able to be killed while in a chute

rappelling from choppers

smoke and burning features that dont kill the cpu

ability to use more than one sound for engines (ex: idle,half,full,induction,turbo etc...)

hitpoints all working with ability to destroy individual items (ie: flaps,rotor,engine,wheels) and destroying and antenna could stop the radar from working and such

More settings for handling chracteristics and AI usage

The fact that adding a 1000kg bomb should add 1000kg of mass to the plane/chopper and affect handling and gas usage

Ability to implement radar screen in a few ways including mounting to the dash

driver no dash view

rotating wheels on planes

Cargo capabilities

rotation of the same selection more than once (had to throw that in)

multitude of ammo and weapon capabilities (2 diff locking missiles)

And of course multiple turrets is related with multiple firing points

walking around in large airborne vehicles would be sweet also

yes the helo and aircraft models in the current ofp are laughable. helos should atleast be given more of a roll capabilitiy so you could fly NOE alot easier

A longer view distance for the hairyplanes would be nice too, and some more realistic radar. And let us have multiple airstrips, so we can have planes providing CAS for both sides. And some CSAR abilities too. I'd love to fly CSAR in OFP if I could do it properlyy (i.e without having to land)

And make sure addon makers can place unlimitted guns on a vehicle, not a 5 guns limit or anything. that would be bad mad_o.gif

What I miss the most in aircrafts are direct-key-commands.

Would'nt you like to set up every function to its own buttons on your stick and throttle? wow_o.gif

Flaps, Gear up/down etc

Other functions I'd like to see:

[*]Working MFDs

[*]whipers

[*]navlights on/off independent from "searchlight"

[*]choose your payload (choose from a preconfigured inventory)

[*]bitching betty with a more detailed damage-model

I could go on and on all night , so I think I'll stop here smile_o.gif

Searchlights!

I want searchlights that can be aimed like a M2 machinegun, both vehicle mounted and stationary.

They would be great for nighttime infiltration and escape missions!

Hum~~~~ a search light~~~~~~ rock.gif

not a bad idea~and it should be modeled both on the gun post and the vehical it self smile_o.gif

I totally agree with you about that, I've asked for a LOT of aircraft related features you mention to be included in OFP 2 aircraft and helos.

MFD's gives players and addon makers the flexibility to use the addon.

VERY useful for ECM pods, radar submodes, weapon selection, engine/fuel status, flight systems damage list, weapon cams for TV guided weapons such as Mavericks, GBU-15, FLIR targeting pod, helo gunner optics, etc.

I also mentioned that custom key command layout should be made for different types of OFP warfare. A keyboard command layout for helos, for aircraft, for armored vehicles, for infantry, etc.

Would'nt you like to set up every function to its own buttons on your stick and throttle?  wow_o.gif

Flaps, Gear up/down etc

Yeah specially one to eject , like ctrl+E

"oh shit im gonna crash" *scrolls down the menu* Dauragon has been killed (friendly fire)

Would'nt you like to set up every function to its own buttons on your stick and throttle?  wow_o.gif

Flaps, Gear up/down etc

Yeah specially one to eject , like ctrl+E

"oh shit im gonna crash" *scrolls down the menu* Dauragon has been killed (friendly fire)

you forgot the part where you start swearing about there not being a shortcut for ejecting

;)

I'd suggest some simulation of missiles targeting and locking. In real combat you must have some conditions for head of missile to find and lock target (it must move only in simple traces relativly to your aircraft), then just easily click the button for missile lock.

Anyway, there should be simulation of fire-computers for aircraft cannos (calculation of colision point of target and shell using data from radar) and modern tanks (you have to point at target and follow it for a while, fire computer calculates relative angle of target's movement, lenght by laser and compares with ballistic characterisctics of shell, weather,... and aims the weapon; the player can shoot at even long distances very acurately).

Sorry, if you hardly understand, I'm no english nor amercan...

If you want to see details, study something about missiles, aircombat or modern tanks.

I think it would make the air and tank combats much better, as it will force player to meet conditions of fire computer or missile / fire at long distances as 2-3Km in tank battles and improve realism.

And something that MUST be in Flashpoint2! A-10 cannon GAU-8 uses nonexplosive uranium munition (but it makes high heat as it penetrate armour) which is much much more effective against armour. I made addon of A10 form myself with much stronger GAU-8, and it realy improves playability (especialy in desert) and realism. By the way it is main antitank weapon, beacuse it can attack more targets in one strike than Maverick (it needs some time for locking a target) and is cheeper.

there needs to be air to air combat and SAMS as well as higher alttitudes so you can have B52 arclight missions flying over at 30,000 metres