Sign in to follow this  
Polishdude

Hand to hand combat

How bout when your out of ammo deep behind enmy lines, you see a guard all alone. Punch him out, kick his ass, or slash him with a knife!! confused.gif  wink.gif Or when your out of ammo fight with your wepon, the head of M-16 would really hurt!

I could manage without the punches but I do miss my K-bar from Delta Force days.

And a jabbing motion using a rifle mounted bayonet would be great, too.

Especially since we're talking about Nam.

Because OFP2 is set in vietnam , of course there will be hand to hand combat (with some "my feet to your head" combat and other variations too wink.gif )

Anyone know martial art Viet Vo Dao wink.gif ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sanctuary @ 27 April 2003,14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone know martial art Viet Vo Dao wink.gif ?<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't that #32 on the Thai restaurant menu? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't mind Kung Fu Fighting. <span id='postcolor'>

Oh oh oh , time to try my "ultimate joke" that made me famous in late seventies.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dont tell me you dont like Carl Douglas ?<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sanctuary @ 27 April 2003,18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh oh oh , time to try my "ultimate joke" that made me famous in late seventies.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dont tell me you dont like Carl Douglas ?<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Those cats were fast as lightning! wow.gif

Yeah hand to hand combat is a must for OFP biggrin.gif

I wanna Rock Bottom Colonel Blake for his irritating talk on shipping me back tounge.gif

But i do hope we get new animations and some trenches too ......

"strokefist" and "strokegun" is already in the game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeallweapons this; this addweapon "strokefist"<span id='postcolor'>

Or something confused.gif

This thread remindes me of "wtf, you dont have a knife?", "knife!?!, why you brought a knife into a firefight?", good old DF days too, i remember when Avon Ladies FAQ supported the DF series, i dont think that would be realistic enough for OPF, to have knifes and punches and that kinda stuff in the front/enemy lines tounge.gif .

tell me, in OFP have you ever been able to get even near to an ennemy to be able to touch him before he shot you?

never try that to tell the true....

Get protection for your motion capture equipment Marek & Ondrej. tounge.gif

Yes, at the least I would like to see the already included combat animations readily available with most soldiers. Don't forget basic knifing and blocking? Man, a lot of work but if done well it will be great.

I think Thief has some basics on silently knocking ppl out.

EDIT: Don't forget the yelling during attacks. (althgough it's suppost to be different from person to person)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ 27 April 2003,22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Get protection for your motion capture equipment Marek & Ondrej.  tounge.gif

Yes, at the least I would like to see the already included combat animations readily available with most soldiers.  Don't forget basic knifing and blocking?  Man, a lot of work but if done well it will be great.  

I think Thief has some basics on silently knocking ppl out.

EDIT: Don't forget the yelling during attacks.  (althgough it's suppost to be different from person to person)<span id='postcolor'>

yep, dunno bout thief 1 but 2 had a club ("blackjack") which you could beat them over the head with...highly amusing coming out of the shadows and chasing them with a club then running away while they wave their sword and call for help tounge.gif

but yeh, as it is currently the AI will detect you no matter what at about 10-25 meters, maybe more if you are in their line of sight

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Heatseeker @ 27 April 2003,20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i remember when Avon Ladies FAQ supported the DF series<span id='postcolor'>

Nope. Never did. Just my homepage makes mention of DF. Still does.

I miss having those "taunt" keys. Shouting out "loser" after knifing someone was giggly. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shouting out "loser" after knifing someone was giggly<span id='postcolor'>

I really dont want to cross the path of some of you in some dark streets

/me run to the nearest bunker and begin my favorite love song

"Everybody was Kung Fu fighting,

those kicks were fast as lightning.

In fact it was a little bit frightening,

but they did it with expert timing"

wink.gif

You could have a bayonet fixed onto your rifle, still be able to fire off rounds but there could be an option to use the bayonet if you cycle through the weapons - e.g. like using a grenade

nice thrusting motion wow.gif

I have been able to get into hand to hand situations. totally manic. enemy and friendlies all around, people dying everywhere. I engineered it so nicely that the guys were running around as well as lying down kissing the dirt biggrin.gif

Well the radio call sign would then be:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">One slash/cut AT soldier 4 o clock<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">1.I'm on him *hack sounds*<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">1.I got/cut him , AT soldier is mystery *his body is a puzzle now full of pieces* :D <span id='postcolor'>

They sohould make a new song.

"Every soldier was kick-en some a**" Tam tam tum tum tum

"Armstrong just kicked Gubas nuts" tim tim tim tim tim

"Gastovski and Troska blew up some tanks" Tim tim tim tum tum tum

"And Colonel Blake jst woke up" tum tum tum tim tum

"And something else"

I want some knifes somemoves some stuff like Chuck Norris did in Missing in Action!!!

So I want Hand to hand combat!!

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 28 April 2003,06:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nope. Never did. Just my homepage makes mention of DF. Still does.

I miss having those "taunt" keys. Shouting out "loser" after knifing someone was giggly. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

OooOps! I may have see a link to yer page in a DF site or something, sorry smile.gif .

Knife combat was far from realistic in any game that ive played, actually soldiers dont use knives with combat porpuses, it wouldnt fit very well in my opinion confused.gif

i know this isnt ofp 2, but...

there are a number of addons which do include hand to hand etc:

New Ocean Island's Police Officer-drop everything, and you get the fist (released in these bi forums)

DPM Troop Pack 1-units with bayonetts (ofpec.com)

DOA Urban-crossbows (ofpec.com)

Back in 2003 Marek said that they have plans to embed hand to hand combat in OFP 2. This may include knives.

Play this file with windows sound recorder/player, Media player or other sound proggies won´t work.

Of course this statement is really old, so maybe it´s not representing the current OFP 2 developement status.

Marek on hand to hand combat

How about a jumping in the air and kick, just like in F.E.A.R. tounge_o.gif

Oh right, this was supose to be realistic biggrin_o.gif

"Everybody was Kung Fu fighting,

those kicks were fast as lightning.

In fact it was a little bit frightening,

but they did it with expert timing"

;)

Looks like I'm not the first one to think this song...

OK. We're watching OFP2 promo film. The guys are walking in the jungle. Suddenly they find a hidden storage hall. They enter in...

Suddenly, our fav song starts to play...

*punch*

*kick*

*kick*

*kick*

*smack*

*punch*

*ouch*

*ouch*

*ouch*

*ouch*

*yea!*

*kick*