Sign in to follow this  
Polishdude

More cheats

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ 30 April 2003,04:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here we go - the "No cheat" brigade whining and getting on their high horses again.

Here's a tip - if you don't like a cheat, don't use it! See, simple, isn't it?

And before you shoot your mouths off calling people lamers or telling them not to use cheats, think about this: some people like to use cheats just for fun. I can't think of a single game where I've used a cheat to complete the game, but I've fooled around with cheats in every game that has them - FOR FUN!  wink.gif

If I spend money on a game, I can do whatever the f**k I wan't with it, including cheat.

Of course there should be no cheats available in MP - that's a given...<span id='postcolor'>

Thats what I've been tryin to say. If you dont want cheats DO NOT YOU EM yo so-called pro's. I want cheats only and only for the campaign and maybe sp! But not for MP!!! biggrin.gif GOT IT. And if you dont like it look at my signature. Good day.

What is with the people that are so against having cheats within a game? How does it affect they way youplay? What's wrong with variaty? I'm sorry I'm not some l33t hAxOr gamer like you flipa.gif

I've never finished Resistance because I got tired of playing the same mission over and over and my gaming time is finite. It loses enjoyment to be stuck in the same spot night after night. You don't want cheats or saves? Well then grow a spine and not use them. How hard is that?

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 04 May 2003,18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I made a pull Here biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

weeeeeeeeeee...................someone vote 4!!! crazy.gif

Hell someone voted for this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4. I'm a cheater, and i'm a loser. I want to cheat not only in SP game but also the MP game. Whoever want to kill me should be doomed to hell. Also, I support Osama and Saddam!!<span id='postcolor'>

Get him he knows where Saddam is tounge.gif

Haha, anyway, to some it all up. I want cheats for SP only and for the campaign. No MP because it will ruin the fun.

You so-called hard-core player dont have to use em. Because I know YOU will. If you feel so hardcore and stuff don't even think about pressing left shift minus then typing Godmode.

WE WANT CHEATS, WE WANT CHEATS!!!!!!! wink.gif

[rant]

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - there is nothing wrong with cheats (obviously only in SP).

Why don't all of you clowns who want no cheats in the game get off your high horses. Here's a little tip: if you hate cheats so much, don't use them...see, it's not so hard, is it? Or are you afraid that once you know they are there, you won't have enough self control to resist using them?

Cheats are very handy for several reasons -

1. They can be fun: just running around in god mode or unlimited ammo to see how many kills you can rack up.

2. For people who really do get stuck. Yes, you can act all high and mighty and say "just get better", but you are being insufferably arrogant and ignorant. Is it better for someone to use a cheat to get past a hard level in a game, or get frustrated, uninstall the game, and put the CD away in a drawer never to be played again?

But the best argument is this - if someone pays their own hard earned cash for a game, WTF business is it of yours whether they use cheats or not? No seriously, can you come up with ANY justification for telling other people how they should play their game?

Naturally, cheats in MP are a totally different matter, but no game studio with an ounce of brains or integrity is going to build MP cheats into a game anyway.

[/rant]

---edit---

Didn't realise this was a dredged up old thread, which I'd already commented in...

I use cheats a lot when designing multiplayer missions. It is a useful way to see if the AI is scripted properly and the mission is properly balanced if I can run around as an invulnerable civilian just observing what's happening without getting blown up accidentally.

I can check when units arrive at certain points, which routes they choose, if they get stuck or die in stupid places and so on.

I'd like to be able to continue to do this, I find it very useful.

Of course you don't want cheats in MP.  Why the hell would anybody even bring it up?  Okay, the challenge of playing without cheats in SP is what makes the game exciting.  Yeah, the first 5,000 times you replay a mission.  You need cheats to use after you've beat the game to add some novelty to it.  Wacky cheats too, like an SKS that shoots cow pies, or change officer models to Hitler wearing a French maid's costume.  How about "Godzilla mode" where your soldier grows to be 80 feet tall and you breathe fire.  You need stuff like this to make the game retain novelty.