Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

I need a beta tester

Destroy the SCUDs...

You basically land on the island, infiltrate, blow up 3 SCUDs, then try to get off alive.  Should be easy, right?  Let's just say the intelligence isn't exactly... accurate.  The enemy will react too, so be careful.

No addons recquired

http://FSPilot.homestead.com/files/OPFpics/SCUDs10.zip

Any volunteers?

edit - updated link

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sinister[tnuC] @ 27 April 2003,12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">missing addons - CWKzodiacBO,CWKzodiac<span id='postcolor'>

Those are Colonel Klink's Zodiac boats. Don't know if this will cover them both but file CWKzodiac.PBO is available from this FAQ download link.

1. No overview - it will only take you a few minutes to make one.

2. The briefing was unorganised and could use some work. Got a missing file error on the briefing.

3. There is no need to show the waypoints on the map.

4. Add some more patrols that will call for backup if they spot the enemy (toadlife has a script which will do this)

5. The mission was far to easy (I completed it in 4 minutes), why would the scuds be in such an open location?

6. An intro and outro would be nice.

If you fix some of these points your mission will be much more fun.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ 27 April 2003,17:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3. There is no need to show the waypoints on the map.

<span id='postcolor'>

How do I get rid of the waypoints?  I haven't seen it in any tutorials.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4. Add some more patrols that will call for backup if they spot the enemy (toadlife has a script which will do this)<span id='postcolor'>

You can do it with a trigger I think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. The briefing was unorganised and could use some work. Got a missing file error on the briefing. <span id='postcolor'>

The missing file error should be the Zodiak boat, I'll change it in the addons recquirement (it shouldn't be recquired in the first place, I just cleaned out my addons folder so all I have in there is BAS delicacys, this completely confuses me).  Can you give me some more details on the briefing?  What's wrong with it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">5. The mission was far to easy (I completed it in 4 minutes), why would the scuds be in such an open location? <span id='postcolor'>

Well, they don't fit under the mattress and the closet was filled with the Vx gas. tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

Thank you all for the input.

biggrin.gif

I'm working on the intro and outro, and overview.  I'll probably add some more patrols and more AI that react to your doing things.

Did the mission work without the addons?

edit - I couldn't check Avon's link, it was down for some reason.  You can also find the missing addons at opflash.org here (http://www.opflash.org/addons.php?v=153)

OK, here are the updates I'm working on.

1) Better overview and briefing.

2) Harder mission (more enemy, smarter enemy, SCUDs will be hidden).

3) Fixed missing addons problem.

I don't know how long it will take me, got finals coming up. crazy.gifsad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ 27 April 2003,12:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1. No overview - it will only take you a few minutes to make one.

3. There is no need to show the waypoints on the map.

RED<span id='postcolor'>

just turn to veteran mode .......   crazy.gif

I think he means the waypoints that I gave the player. They're showing up as those stupid circles with black lines attaching them on his in-game map.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ 28 April 2003,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think he means the waypoints that I gave the player. They're showing up as those stupid circles with black lines attaching them on his in-game map.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm wondering this too... How to get rid off the waypoints on the map. confused.gif

Just as an update, I've made a better briefing and a new mission intro that lasts roughly 2 minutes with new music. I'll probably make a short outro to go with it but it'll be on the back burner.

Thats pretty solid stuff mate well done. No Classic that being said but still a nicely made little ditty

If you like that you'll love v2.0 smile.gif

You didn't have any problems with addons?

*drumroll*

v1.0 is out, get it here http://FSPilot.homestead.com/files/OPFpics/SCUDs10.zip.

It recquires 3 addons, and resistance.

CWK_Zodiac by Colonel Klink (aka Robert Watt) Version 1 available here

Gunslinger's Editor Update v1.02 available here.

Konyak's Antonov-124 available here here.

Resistance (official addon, gotta pay for it)

Let me know what you think! biggrin.gif

Sorry forgot to ask, what kind of copyright information do I need to include to use copyrighted music?

Hello there! I downloaded your mission. Great cutscene, unfortunately i did´nt make it that much further, i guess i can blaime that on sporadic lag (but that does´nt have to do with the mission though) Great work and cool music. I think i´ll give it another try later tonight.

I take it you're all just re-watching that intro over and over again? smile.gif

*bump*

I know it's probably boring by now, but can you guys at least look at the intro please? smile.gif

I think I'm gonna shoot you, FSPILOT! mad.gif I downloaded the mission just now, thinking that the first post was an up-to-date version.

So, I found no cutscene or music. The mission? Killed two fellas next to the tent, took binocs.

Proceeded NW, placed 3 satchels next to scuds with their headlights on and drivers smiling.

Went back across the field, blew up the scuds and went back along the waterline, even belwo it a drop. That prevented the 3 dummies from spotting me and I easily took them out.

Got into my Zodiac and headed south full throttle. One large round was fired at me half way across and I made it to the other side. Mission completed successfully, though nothing was checked green.

Am I missing something here? confused.gif

The mission is way too easy. My comments:

- Put a Briefingname statement in MISSION.SQM and give your mission a more original name than SCUDS or DESTROY THE SCUDS.

- Add a picture to the briefing and a version number so that folks always know they're up to date with the latest version.

- Regarding the sniper spying near the runway in the intro - he's way too close. Put him much further away, with a pair of binocs.

- Somewhere during the intro dialog, the Spetsnaz soldier uses the exclamation "Wow". I don't think so. biggrin.gif

- The briefing format should be changed. First of all, the objectives list should always be on the first page to make it easy for the player to check his status, instead of having to flip pages in mid-mission. This means moving the briefing text to another page and link to it from the first page with the objectives.

- Divide your briefing text into paragraphs.

- Near the top of the briefing, there's a sentence that starts with "As you know, Nogova has had it's..........". The word "its" should not contain an apostrophe. Minus 2 points. tounge.gif

- "VX" mentioned in the briefing should be in upper case.

- You refer to the island to the east. There should be a map marker to it and the briefing text should contain the marker link.

Now on to the mission:

- It was way too easy.

- The zodiac should be a drop closer to shore. I got injured wading towards it.

- Try giving NVGs to all the enemies. They can't see a thing.

- The player should have a pair of binocs. OK, so I killed someone and took his. smile.gif

- Soldiers at the beach should be on more active patrol.

- the lights on the M2s and SCUDs should be off.

- There should be no drivers in the SCUDs.

- There's a jeep roaming around. I haven't checked this but if anyone in the jeep detectes the player, they should disembark and search for the player. What's a patrol for! confused.gif

- Why is there no fence and no guard towers around the airstrip?

- The M2 on the south central edge of the island should be moved back to the airstrip, IMO. He's so obvious even from a distance.

- Doesn't it bother you that none of the enemy are impressed by a black Zodiac on the shore? Hah! Having it sunk, with smoke rising from it would mean that our fearless hero would have to make it to the east island on foot and find an alternate evac method.

- Guards were useless on the east island. They should be agressively patrolling. Again, NVGs and not standing around. I just came around from behind the houses and placed the stachel, while there a few dozen meters from me at ease, after SCUDs 1 and 2 were taken out. Not very serious.

- The last mission objective, after taking out the SCUDs, should simply be Extract back to base. No resist nonsense. Mission accomplished - now save your skin.

- The last objective never checked green for me. I landed on Nogova's northern shore opposite SCUD island and moved all over the place east and west. Had to issue the ENDMISSION cheat. 21 kills plus the SCUDs. Too easy.

( Passed out due to lack of oxygen )

*Five minutes later*

( Gasp! ) Oh! She stopped... the air is circulating again!....

biggrin.gif

Well, that certainly was a long read... was there really that much wrong with it? I haven't tried it, yet, but I'm planning to ( once you release the updated version, FSPilot ).

P.S. What does the FS stand for, anyway? confused.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skul @ 12 May 2003,11:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">( Passed out due to lack of oxygen )<span id='postcolor'>

I had to replace my keyboard's toner cartridge. tounge.gifsmile.gif

Oh, I forgot to mention ..............................

I'm playing in veteran mode. When I get back to the Zodiac, there's an annoying and useless yellow waypoint marker on the screen.

theavonlady

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Put a Briefingname statement in MISSION.SQM and give your mission a more original name than SCUDS or DESTROY THE SCUDS.<span id='postcolor'>

"Kill the SCUDs"? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Somewhere during the intro dialog, the Spetsnaz soldier uses the exclamation "Wow". I don't think so. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How about "Gee golly whiz sir!"? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- the lights on the M2s and SCUDs should be off.<span id='postcolor'>

I put "This doaction ["LIGHT OFF"] in their init fields and it apparently didn't work, anybody know how to get that to work?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- There should be no drivers in the SCUDs.<span id='postcolor'>

This is a tough one. The only way I could get the SCUDs to register for a trigger, at least I trigger that I knew how to make, was to make them all under the "East" instead of empty category. I couldn't find a way to get rid of the drivers.

hmm... I suppose I could get them to disembark and go have a chat with some soldiers or something.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- There's a jeep roaming around. I haven't checked this but if anyone in the jeep detectes the player, they should disembark and search for the player. What's a patrol for! confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They don't? I swear I remember them doing that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- The last objective never checked green for me. I landed on Nogova's northern shore opposite SCUD island and moved all over the place east and west. Had to issue the ENDMISSION cheat. 21 kills plus the SCUDs. Too easy.<span id='postcolor'>

Did you head directly south towards your waypoint from your starting point after destroying all the SCUDs? I'll probably have to make the ending trigger bigger.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

- The last mission objective, after taking out the SCUDs, should simply be Extract back to base. No resist nonsense. Mission accomplished - now save your skin.<span id='postcolor'>

I just did that so it would go along with the SERE acronym.

Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- Add a picture to the briefing and a version number so that folks always know they're up to date with the latest version.

- Regarding the sniper spying near the runway in the intro - he's way too close. Put him much further away, with a pair of binocs.

- The briefing format should be changed. First of all, the objectives list should always be on the first page to make it easy for the player to check his status, instead of having to flip pages in mid-mission. This means moving the briefing text to another page and link to it from the first page with the objectives.

- Divide your briefing text into paragraphs.

- Near the top of the briefing, there's a sentence that starts with "As you know, Nogova has had it's..........". The word "its" should not contain an apostrophe. Minus 2 points. tounge.gif

- "VX" mentioned in the briefing should be in upper case.

- You refer to the island to the east. There should be a map marker to it and the briefing text should contain the marker link.

Now on to the mission:

- It was way too easy.

- The zodiac should be a drop closer to shore. I got injured wading towards it.

- Try giving NVGs to all the enemies. They can't see a thing.

- The player should have a pair of binocs. OK, so I killed someone and took his. smile.gif

- Soldiers at the beach should be on more active patrol.

- Why is there no fence and no guard towers around the airstrip?

- The M2 on the south central edge of the island should be moved back to the airstrip, IMO. He's so obvious even from a distance.

- Doesn't it bother you that none of the enemy are impressed by a black Zodiac on the shore? Hah! Having it sunk, with smoke rising from it would mean that our fearless hero would have to make it to the east island on foot and find an alternate evac method.

- Guards were useless on the east island. They should be agressively patrolling. Again, NVGs and not standing around. I just came around from behind the houses and placed the stachel, while there a few dozen meters from me at ease, after SCUDs 1 and 2 were taken out. Not very serious.

I'm playing in veteran mode. When I get back to the Zodiac, there's an annoying and useless yellow waypoint marker on the screen.

<span id='postcolor'>

Check, check, check, double check.

*gasp*

Skul

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, that certainly was a long read... was there really that much wrong with it? I haven't tried it, yet, but I'm planning to ( once you release the updated version, FSPilot ).

P.S. What does the FS stand for, anyway? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

FS = Flight Simulator

The updated version is linked above, SCUDs10.zip I think.

I'm particularly interested in knowing what you guys think of the intro. That one's got a special place on my harddrive. smile.gif

Thank you all for beta testing for me, I'd never of noticed some of this stuff.