Sign in to follow this  
dave8

Vietnam mod

What happened to this MOD:

OPERATION VIETNAM

ov-splash-1.jpg

Do you think BIS is working with these guys? they looked pretty damn professional

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dave8 @ 27 April 2003,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What happened to this MOD:

OPERATION VIETNAM

ov-splash-1.jpg

Do you think BIS is working with these guys? they looked pretty damn professional<span id='postcolor'>

that guys are BIA Bohemia interactive Australia

Well, I would say its a con, but it looks like somebody would be to darn stupid to work on it so hard and not being anything. By the way, I hope its not gonna be set in Vietnam, I have too many games, and movies I played or saw, and I am really bored of it! mad.gif

i agree Polishdude... too many vietnam stuff going around already... They should make a modern conflict with all the fancy artillery, technology, soldiers, and tanks the US has...

But we can't stop BIS... they already committed....

Hmm, yes it is true other developers have done Vietnam before.

I did not play any of those games, because I am not aware of any other developer making a game with wide open spaces and no "invisible walls".

Its because of this that I think Vietnam, truly has not been done yet, it's been "attempted" but I think we can all agree the OFP2 engine will have a lot more to offer than any of the other titles that boxed you into their "play area", had limited vehicles to play with, if any at all and won't have any of the cool new addons that the community will be able to make with the new engine.

Just my personal opinion, I'd be very happy to experience Vietnam the way BIS do it biggrin.gif

Yeah, OFP will be a lot better than your usual Vietnam Game. I hope they improve the engine to let the Huey have the 2 m60s. I also hope they implement jamming, and they improve the sounds... make the sounds sound more ambient

Well they are not making any modern war theatre on purpose because they wont last long since most battles nowadays are single sided and the chance of winning it are 99% confused.gif

BIS has a knack of choosing controversial undecided conflicts and Vietnam is one of them dramitic ones .... it suits BIS i think smile.gif

Maybe they are waiting that after OFP2 they will make a modern scenario game when the engine will be loads better and able to handle such modern stuff too besides going back to basic combat is coool biggrin.gif

well, battles still last pretty long, take 2-5+ hours for the average equally sized firefight even with the high advantage on one side (infantry battles, not tank battles). Not hurting rock-throwing-civilians would also add to the game. tounge.gif I do support whatever BIS decides to do, however this time, please concentrate on the Infantry prospect... being a tank commander, one man SF, or a pilot sucks balls. No fun during all the stuff by yourself.... Also, make the platoon sizes accurate... A Modern N Korea vs. N America campaign would prove interesting for this game (i.e. Not equal, but will be challenging), but very controversial. confused.gif

Another thing: i have some other proof that OFP will be on vietnam!!! i was looking back on my PCgamers, and an older issue stated that OFP 2 will be vietnam based... maybe *wink**wink* tounge.gif

PC Gamer giving some decent information? Well I'll be blowed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well, battles still last pretty long, take 2-5+ hours for the average equally sized firefight even with the high advantage on one side (infantry battles, not tank battles).<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe the reason BIS wont do that era then, afterall, whose going to do a 5 hour missions with saving once :S

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 28 April 2003,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well they are not making any modern war theatre on purpose because they wont last long since most battles nowadays are single sided and the chance of winning it are 99%  confused.gif

BIS has a knack of choosing controversial undecided conflicts and Vietnam is one of them dramitic ones .... it suits BIS i think  smile.gif

Maybe they are waiting that after OFP2 they will make a modern scenario game when the engine will be loads better and able to handle such modern stuff too besides going back to basic combat is coool  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i do hope they make a basic engine that can handle modern war technologys for mods, if that happens i dont really care if it will be Vietnam but i care of making a Modern war mod of the game.

While you guys wait for OPF2, play Vietcong at vietnam mode, turn off the hud, turn off the crosshair, and you got yourself flashpoint with good graphics (less realistic, though). the 1st mission is pretty lame though, but after that it gets damn fun

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dave8 @ 27 April 2003,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What happened to this MOD:

OPERATION VIETNAM

ov-splash-1.jpg

Do you think BIS is working with these guys? they looked pretty damn professional<span id='postcolor'>

Why does it say Seventh underneith the title??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ 05 May 2003,23:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dave8 @ 27 April 2003,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What happened to this MOD:

OPERATION VIETNAM

ov-splash-1.jpg

Why does it say Seventh underneith the title??<span id='postcolor'>

it says copyright seventh, seventh is the nickname of David Lagettie(sp?), the guy in charge of BIA

Also the man who gave us the great synth/wierd but yet in a way accelerating music wink.gif

Vietcong is ok, but its not OFP by a long shot. whers the massive freedom?? I cared at least a little bit about my guys in OFP cos they were given personalities during cut scenes (remember the medic, Kozlowski?), but in Vietcong your guys are just invincible demons. Pointless.

We'll I'll post again what I said in my other Topic after it were closed...

Operation Vietnam

Well I was thinking about this "mod", Operation Vietnam that Seventh (the songwriter for OFP1) team were creating, but just disapered into the sky and we haven't heard of a long time, well it looked like they were a large crew when I saw their site the last time, and models we're created. Well what I was thinking about were that this have something to do with Operation Flashpoint 2, its haven't been official that its going to be a Vietnam theme for the game, but its looks like so for me at the moment.

Well Operation Flashpoint 2 must have been in deveployment for while now because its going to be shown at the E3. So I belive that Operation Vietnam "Mod", where closed down when BIS started OFP2, and there were no meaning to create a Vietnam mod, because OFP2 were going to be that theme.

I'm maybe wrong, but please reply Seventh or someone els from the BIS Team about this.

why do you think they stopped the mod? seventh is the leader of the australian bis studio, so i think theyve just continued the work on the mod, but now with the complete bis team. they developped a new engine and implemented all the things they had done for the nam mod so far...