Sign in to follow this  
Poet

Sweet tooth - 4 co-op missions ( w.bas addons )

Operation Sweet Tooth. NEW VERSION!

Play as a 12 man Ranger Team clearing Nogova of the Occupying Russian forces.

Download : http://quake3.barrysworld.net/poet/Sweet_Tooth.zip

From the readme :

Operation Sweet Tooth.

-------------

4 x Operation Flashpoint Co-Op MPMissions

By Poet.

The Russians have been occupying Nogova for several years now, with our knowledge and assistance.

We have armed them and assisted them through the CIA and NSA.

But The President has an Election coming up and needs a War to win. So our Allies are now our Enemies.

With the UN in pieces, we are now clear to launch an all-out offensive on the Enemy and wipe them

from Nogova for good.

All in a days work.

------------

Mutliplayer Co-ops suited for 1-12 players ( minimum of 4 recommended! )

Missions :

co@ 12 Poet1 - LittleBird Surprise.Noe.pbo ( Raid several Enemy Positions )

co@ 12 Poet2 - Convoy Cream.Noe.pbo ( Stop a well-armed Convoy )

co@ 12 Poet3 - War Pie.Noe.pbo ( Launch attacks on The Bridge and nearby Bases )

co@ 12 Poet4 - Artillery Crumble.Noe.pbo ( Rescue the Captive and Watch the Fireworks )

Features :

Artillery Scripts.

Kegetys Spectate on Death script.

Daddldiddl's View Distance script. ( adapts View Distance to weakest machine as default. )

Mutliple Mission Elements and Types.

Briefing/Notes/Intel and all BAS weapons available at Briefing.

Installation :

Extract all .zip contents to your /MPMissions folder.

Addons Required :

BAS DeltaForce/Rangers.

BAS LittleBird.

:

http://www.concept-5.com/ballistic/downloads.asp

Thanks to Ballistic Addon Studios for their Great Work producing these high quality Addons.

------------------------------------------

Have fun!

After playing through twice last night, new improved version now available.

Beta v.2:

Edit - Link removed.

Improvements :

Mission 1

-Tanks less deadly ( they were far too evil )

-Landing Zone moved further back for safety ( though anything other than a low stealthy approach will likely get you killed )

Mission 2

-Convoy takes longer, giving players more time to set up Ambush.

Mission 3

- Waypoints added for Non-Map reading people.  

- Surprise attack happens later,  gives players some time to regroup, but still no time to prepare!  

- Sniper stays in position. ( not telling!  )

- Removed Squad that crosses bridge at same time as Tanks, killing them on bridge would stop the tanks crossing.

Mission 4

- Removed a lot of Uniits from End Sequence and reduced amount of Artillery to reduce Lag/Slowdown.

- Improved Effects.

I thought about making them SP compatible but theres probably too much involved making them playable.

I designed them for at least 4 players online and wrote them to encourage teamwork, and at least 2 out of the 4 missions require the kind of timing/co-operation which is simply beyond the AI.

e.g1 - Mission1 - You cant get AI to get in a 2nd chopper and land at the other side of Lipany, I suppose I could do it with more fancy scripts etc, but after the 10 Hour marathon just getting the Littlebirds to land in "Hero" I dont really fancy it.

e.g2 - Mission2 - Attacking the convoy really requires good timing, and someone also to maybe do some running back and forth with more ammo while the others set up the first ambush. I tried ordering the AI to do key tasks, but they just weren't up to it.

Issues with making it SP -

AI wont land choppers without lots of scripting, which would take away the sense of freedom I wanted to add.

AI have serious problems with shooting at Choppers ( a vital part of completing 2 of the missions )

AI are too slow on Bikes.

I know making it SP would open it to more people, but I wanted to make something fun for people that like to play online ( and my real reason in writing them was to try and convince my favourite server admin to add the BAS Add-ons - he complained there weren't enough Co-Op missions ... ).

I have other ideas for SP missions, so I'd rather spend the time on finishing this Co-op pack, and working on new projects, rather than converting this one. sad.gif

And lastly, they are kind of playable with the AI in Co-op mode, just requires the player to do a lot more work on his own while the AI stand around and look pretty in their lovely BAS uniforms!

hi poet

had a quick go of co@ 12 Poet3 - War Pie.Noe.pbo in sp.

i jumped into the 2 chinooks with my squad and 1 flew out to sea and dumps us all in the water, the other took us to the inland river thingy of NOE and dumped us in the water too tounge.gif

i know im sposed to use the little birds but was feeling lazy .

You discovered my secret X-Files type hidden mission! biggrin.gif

( they were deleted to reduce lag, just wanted to give the impression at the start of the different units going on simultaneous actions ... )

Can you imagine how it would look if you were on Land though, a Chinook suddenly vanishing and all its passengers falling to a watery death! tounge.gif

Good to see people making some new coop missions - I'll be sure to try these out at our next LAN session! wink.gif

Much improved Beta 3 now available ( final? )

Edit - removed old Link.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Poet @ 30 April 2003,10:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">( final? )<span id='postcolor'>

<span style='font-size:37pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>HA! HA! HA!</span></span>

tounge.gif

LOL!

Theres no tricky LB insertion script this time! wink.gif

And I doubt that BIS are going to redo Nogova and stick any huge new Terrain features in the middle of my missions ... tounge.gif

Every mission runs fine, though I've not been able to test them fully online yet ...

The only mission I have any doubts about is No.3 - only because its so bloody hard and I havent been able to get to the end of it with just the AI as Teammates. Yet! crazy.gif

hi poet,

the "war pie" mission kicks us right back to mission selection screen, when receiving game- data sad.gif

and the "artillery crumble" mission suddenly ends in the desert, about 30seconds afters the enemy spotted you

AWESOME!!!!!  Online feedback at last!   smile.gif

Thanks for looking at the missions, I've worried about how certain things would work online, and not had the chance to test ...

"War Pie" - does it get to the briefing screen or does it crash even before that ( I have a couple of ideas whats causing it, most probably the remove dead bodies script ... )

"Artillery Crumble" - Do you get an End Mission debriefing?

In front of the captive, there are 4 guards, if you shoot one, then the other 3 will turn on the captive and shoot him, ending the mission. Or did the end happen earlier?

Your feedback is really appreciated!

EDIT - Where/Whats your server called, I'd really love to try this online with you if you try them again ( with fixes of course ... ).

No slouch here!

http://quake3.barrysworld.net/poet/Sweet_Tooth_b4.zip

Beta 4! ( yeah yeah Avon!  tounge.gif )

Changes :

Mission1 - Reduced skill of some enemy AI for 1st part of mission.

Mission3 - Removed lots of unneccessary Units/Decorations to reduce lag. ( possible cause of crash )

- Removed erroneous trigger left behind from previous script ( possible cause no.2 )

- Altered Ending trigger ( possible cause no.3 )

Mission4 - All 4 guards must now be killed a the same time or Captive gets shot.

- Removed a few more units to help prevent lag.

- Added "Special Guest" for last part  wink.gif

Removed "Remove Dead Body" script for missions 3 and 4 ( another possible cause of crash... )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Poet @ 01 May 2003,11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AWESOME!!!!!  Online feedback at last!   smile.gif

Thanks for looking at the missions, I've worried about how certain things would work online, and not had the chance to test ...

"War Pie" - does it get to the briefing screen or does it crash even before that ( I have a couple of ideas whats causing it, most probably the remove dead bodies script ... )

"Artillery Crumble" - Do you get an End Mission debriefing?

In front of the captive, there are 4 guards, if you shoot one, then the other 3 will turn on the captive and shoot him, ending the mission. Or did the end happen earlier?

Your feedback is really appreciated!

EDIT - Where/Whats your server called, I'd really love to try this online with you if you try them again ( with fixes of course ... ).<span id='postcolor'>

sure thing poet  smile.gif

just uploaded the 4th version of your maps to the server.

feel free to join, so you could see how the missions work in mp.

but be warned! wink.gif

this is an addon server, if you get kicked off, its because we´re playing an addon map. there´s a big addonpack (77megs) available at our website (klick my sig).

otherwise, if i see you connecting and you get kicked off, i´ll put in one of your missions, so you can connect, deal?  wink.gif

oh yeah, one more thing:

the server is called "battlefield" (which has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE C&H- MAP crazy.gif ....).

you should find it, putting the name "battlefield" into your serverfilter wink.gif

Thanks for the Invite PAng, I tried connecting but I dont speak any German, so didnt really get anywhere ... sad.gif

Anyway :

http://quake3.barrysworld.net/poet/Sweet_Tooth_b5.zip

Should be the last one.

Fixed up everything playing it SP, bug free as far as I can tell.

Would be great if someone could test it online. Im fairly sure I fixed any crash issues ...

Thanks in advance!

...but most of the other admins speak english wink.gif

however, just uploaded the 5th generation of your missions.

i´ll keep you informed about bugs or crashes

-cheers

pang smile.gif

Thanks Pang!

I'll keep an eye on the server, and maybe join in if I see you around ( there were only 2 people on last time I tried, both German speakers ... )

If you could test the missions that would be fantastic.

If Mission 3 or 4 cause crashes, it would be useful if you could make a note of where in the mission, what point, what happened etc.

Thanks again.

hey poet  smile.gif

had some games tonight over at the server and we played:

*artillery crumble:

-ppl dont really get that there are guards, that alert the hostage killer guys

-arty kills hostages

*war pie:

-mission wont load... goes straight back from the mp-setup screen after hitting "ok" to start to mission selections.

maybe there´s an addon stuck in the mission.sqm file. open it with the os-editor and delete it from the addon- list on top

that´s it so far, i´ll keep ya updated.

here´s a suggestion:

maybe add some rotorwash scripts to the missions that include helos. i got a modified rotordownwash effect by TJ (water fx looks more accurate; dust stays a little bit longer in the air), that i could send over to ya, if its fine with him  wink.gif

PM me for any questions,

cheers,

pang  smile.gif

1) We completed but no ending trigger ..

2) Really Enjoyed it, despite being a little short of AT wink.gif

3) Cant play yet .. no BAS C47 on server sad.gif YET!!

4) Nice Map forces good Teamplay, or nOObs wreck it tounge.gif

Suggestions.

PLEASE and the Adjustable View Distance Script, its really fantastic and improves most missions many times.

http://daddldiddl.de/pafiledb31/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=12

http://www.suicidesquad.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=294

w00t! Online feedback! Thats great, Thanks Guys!  smile.gif

Pang :

*Artillery Crumble. Shame that people don't get how to tackle the guards. sad.gif   But I know people love playing snipers, and I really like the idea of co-ordinated sniper attacks.

Its tricky because I know when people play online, they are slightly reluctant to fully read the briefing and notes, they just want to play. But it was a trade-off I was happy with.

But at least it sounds like everyone saw the artillery strike, that was my biggest worry ( special effects are tricky to get working in MP missions. )

*War Pie.  My bet now is that it is the "Createunit" command I used in making the mission, otherwise the mission starts with 100+ AI spawning and lots of slowdown.

I'll have to find out why that crashes the server, cause it works fine in Single Player tests. But I'll check the addons too.

- adding Rotarwash. I'll look into it, but again its tricky adding Special effects like that to MP missions. See what I can do. smile.gif

Thanks!

Skunk Monkey -

Thanks for the kind words.  smile.gif

1. I never managed to complete every section in Single Player testing, but have a good idea why no ending trigger. Glad you got that far to find out for me. biggrin.gif  Should be easy to fix.

2. I tried to set it up so that theres loads of AT in the crates where you start, and where you land to get the bikes, and I also planned it in my mind to have maybe one or two guys laying charges and going back to the bikes to get more ammo.

I wanted it to be about planning and forward-thinking. Again that kind of thing might be more suited to Single Player missions, but that doesnt mean it shouldnt be included for those online players that like a challenge. Glad you enjoyed anyway.  smile.gif

3. You wouldnt be able to play anyway due to the server crash...  sad.gif

4. biggrin.gif  - Glad it worked and you had fun. Can I ask though? I assume that the artillery strike worked as planned, but were any of the vehicles on "Fire" after the strike, I added a few Fire Drop scripts so the base would be full of burning vehicles to add to the atmosphere, but don't know whether the effect works online.

I'll look at the adjustable View Dist thing too. Won't affect any mission in anyway. Good idea.

Thanks for the feedback again guys, seriously appreciated.

I'll have another play around with them today, and see if I cant get rid of the last few issues you raised and get them released.

PAng?

Does your server have the latest version of the BAS Chinook?

Thats the only add-on that appears any differently in the mission.sqm from any of the other missions?

BAS Chinook does not work with linux servers cause of the requiredversion string bug. I tried to fix the addon for my linux server (bas_mh47e_185.pbo and bas_cargo.pbo seem to contain the string) and while the missions on catintro island now work some of the mh47e demo missions still do not work. I just d/l your mission pack and will test it on our server tonight if i get some players to do so.

Cool!

Could you do me a huge favour tho?

I made a quick version of the mission with just a standard BIS Chinook instead of the BAS one.

Could you just try and see if it actually loads up or if it dumps you back to the mission select screen.

http://quake3.barrysworld.net/poet/War Pie_TEST.zip   ( link works, just copy and paste the complete link into your browser )

Would be great if you could, cause it would mean I can rule out other suspects for the crash, and redo the mission using Littlebirds or something else...

Thanks

Poet.

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Poet @ 15 May 2003,17wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cool!

Could you do me a huge favour tho?

I made a quick version of the mission with just a standard BIS Chinook instead of the BAS one.

Could you just try and see if it actually loads up or if it dumps you back to the mission select screen.

http://quake3.barrysworld.net/poet/War Pie_TEST.zip   ( link works, just copy and paste the complete link into your browser )

Would be great if you could, cause it would mean I can rule out other suspects for the crash, and redo the mission using Littlebirds or something else...

Thanks

Poet.<span id='postcolor'>

Will do, Same prob as Benu atm, Linux server and BAS Chinook.

btw

SES Server 80.253.122.43 password ses

You'll need our addons, check the Website

http://www.suicidesquad.co.uk/mission....0126807

Feel Free to come on and Test your missions.

EDIT - 3 not working still ..