Sign in to follow this  
DRa1N

Sea harrier missions

I'm sure all of you love this addon as much as I do, can we please have some missions made for this?

Whoops, must have pressed the wrong button last night. Sorry mate smile.gif

I might be able to assist in that area, I hope they release a USMC version of the Harrier soon, that would be make the addon even better.

Take a look at my Fighter Campaign Demo topic, there is a link for you to download the demo.  I already have most of my Fighter Campaign done, but some finishing up work must be done before I will even let it be beta tested.

Here is the link to the topic here in this forum:  Fighter Campaign Demo mission

Anyways, if you can give me feedback in at that topic posting after playing it about my Fighter Campaign Demo mission, I can use the information from the posts and apply it to a Harrier based mission or maybe a Harrier Campaign.

I help you, you help me... We all win that way.

Anyways, if you can mention any specifics you'd like to see in the Harrier mission, please post them here.

Later.

Mr. Hitman

You could always just wait for the mod and the missions that the Harrier were made for  biggrin.gif

Cruising over East Falkland on CAP, protecting the fleet in San Carlos, shooting down lotsa Skyhawks, Mirage's and Daggers  biggrin.gif

Yeah yeah, blah blah Falklands this, blah blah Argentinieans that.  Zzzzz, :-)

I'm sure it will be a great and overall well done project that I will download IF I have enough hard drive space, it will be very good  with the Invincible CV and other endevors by the Falklands War Mod, but the man is asking for some Sea Harrier based missions before before hell freezes over.  He's just wanting something to keep him busy before the Falklands campaign is released.

Soon as a USMC version of it is released, I'm gonna either make a new campaign or integrate it the current one I'm doing, whatever comes first.

Anyways, just some constructive criticism.  Hope the Falklands war does great, maybe people will want more naval warships hopefully for OFP 2 in the future since your mod will have a fair number of good quality ships modeled.

Anything that puts a lot of attention on aircraft and the Navy in OFP, I'm all for it bro.

Later.

Mr. Hitman.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (havocsquad @ 29 April 2003,23:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah yeah, blah blah Falklands this, blah blah Argentinieans that.  Zzzzz, :-)<span id='postcolor'>

Pffft...What's that supposed to mean?? mad.gif

It's just a sarcastic comment to what Ash posted, nothing less, nothing more....

I was talking like he was preachin bout how all-wonderful and great his Mod was. (Gloating)  Of course I was kidding about it of course, there is some kick ass stuff being developed by the Falkland War Mod now.  tounge.gif

Geeze bro, relax.  I like the Falklands War Mod as much as everyone else does or more around here.  I feel I get Barbecued every time I tease someone around here...

Anyways, later bros.

Mr. Hitman.

I doubt they'll be a USMC version released unless its modded by another author. Besides the RAF dont get enough of OFP its about time the stole some of the limelight eh what? Tallyho and all that! I dont remember any US Marines in the Falklands although you did provide us with Satelite intel, much appreciated.

RAF = Best

Don't forget, the person that wins the intellegence battle wins the war.  Once firm knowledge of enemy movements and positions are gathered, its almost like shooting fish in a barrel strategically.  The enemy can't hide or run somewhere you can't see him go, that's the key to victory.

Its probably a garantee that the U.K would have had a more costly campaign without that satellite intel in the Falklands War.

Anyways, that's my take on it.

I think they'd get a LOT of happy OFP players if the Fallklands mod reskinned and maybe a few modelling changes to make the USMC Harrier.

It would be great if the ability for someone else to create a USMC version from their VTOL system and ejection seat is given to another addon maker, so the Falklands War Mod can focus on their goals.  Once a good VTOL version of the USMC is made, the addon maker will get an infinite number of blessings from me.   biggrin.gif

Anyways, thx for all addon maker's efforts towards making OFP better and more fun than ever.

Later.

Mr. Hitman.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RAF = Best<span id='postcolor'>

Yeh I agree with you there when you say that the RAF are not represented enough in flashpoint (I'm retexturing colorchanger's tornado [again lol] into an RAF GR4 at the moment, few pics here, here and here). Maybe someone will make a Jaguar or Eurofighter or retexture this harrier into the RAF greenish paint scheme hopefully smile.gif

P.S Great Harrier addon btw  biggrin.gif

Hey thats looking pretty good mate. The GR4 is that the ground attack one? The harrier addon is great but I'm a little confused as to when and where u can switch off/on STOL and VTOL sometimes it appears sometimes it doesent. Always use STOL anyway since it gets u up to max speed in like 2 seconds. In a future release i'd like a few more hardpoints for weapons, it can carry some pretty heavy stuff but most of all to be able to tilt the nose a bit during hover so you could use it like an attack chopper as the Harrier is useful in. Havocsquad you seem to feel UK addon makers are somehow obliged to do a US skin for you. I didnt see any RAF reskins by US mod makers on say the C-130 leave it as it is.

Heh Heh First of all, I'm glad someone saw the funny side of my post.. Refershing to see some positive sarcasm for once and not get flamed for doing it  biggrin.gif

On another note.. The Sea Harrier will NOT be redone as AV8B by the Falklands Mod Team purely because we want to use our time finishing the project and not wasting time on stuff that simply wasn't used in the conflict. HOWEVER, there are a number of other project teams that are working on this aircraft so be assured you'll get one eventually.

Sea Harrier in RAF Green?  I think you mean the GR3 Harrier for that one....  wink.gif

As for RAF... Well they aren't very well represented in ofp, hopefully we might be able to change that  biggrin.gif