Sign in to follow this  
OxPecker

Ofp2 set in vietnam

I'm glad you came to that conclusion yourself. Please keep politics out of the game forums smile.gif

Denoir, is it possible for you to move the political posts to the new thread? Or, is that a lot of work to do?

When we get the board upgraded (this week, I hope) then it will be a breeze. Right now it has to be done manually so the easiest way is if each poster reposts his message in OT.

they can set OFP2 in Mister Rogers' Neighborhood and i will still buy it. tounge.gif

They did say that it would be a sequel. I think I read somet like that anyway "a true Sequel to OFP CWC", so won't that mean that there will be some mad Guba replacement taking over another set of fake islands. If it was in Vietnam it wouldn't even be a prequel. smile.gif

Even if it IS Vietnam, maybe they could include the original OFP's islands as a bonus in the mission editor..? wink.gif

True - but I hope they don't hold out on us with the modding tools as long as they did for OFP (Oxygen, Visitor)

Sorry to btring up the old dirt here, but we havent even got visitor or filebank yet...

True - but I hope they don't hold out on us with the modding tools as long as they did for OFP (Oxygen, Visitor)

Sorry to btring up the old dirt here, but we havent even got visitor or filebank yet...

never heard of filebank rock.gif what is it for?

I think it would nice to release the tools same time when the game comes out so the modders could start working right away. I read somewhere that modders on half life scene will get the tools for hl2 before the game comes out or atleast at the same time, i would love to see that in ofp2 too.

spanel sayed they will be released at the same time, or one week later tounge_o.gif

@ May 24 2003,14:00)]

I think it would nice to release the tools same time when the game comes out so the modders could start working right away. I read somewhere that modders on half life scene will get the tools for hl2 before the game comes out or atleast at the same time, i would love to see that in ofp2 too.

the SDK is being released way before the game will be out, they are also hosting a mod confrence were they sit down with ppl and explain HL2 to them, now that what i call Mod support, not making ppl wai tnearly a year for the tools.

I wouldn't even buy the game if they didn't have a Vietnam campaign.

I mean, Operation Flashpoint was such a good game, and I always wanted to come out with a Vietnam mod for it. But one made by the official game developers would totally kick ass. If they ended up not making a vietnam campaign, I would totally disappointed, to where I wouldn't even buy the game like I said before

Who cares.

It is an stays OFP! smile_o.gif

Yes a remote location like OFP 1 was fun.

But OFP 2 is set in THREE different locations. tounge_o.gif

I also want suppoet for SB live ! 5.1 (Write that down BIS!)

And not too high system req (Also write that down plz) smile_o.gif

I dont think vietnam fits Opf so well, have ya guys seen "Vietcong", the way the a.i. takes cover behind trees, logs and rocks, the way they jump over tree logs and move in jungle, how they use supressive fire for teamates to advance or how they search dead bodies. I mean the a.i. in opf just run, prone and shoot with dead acuracy, bis will have to improve alot to achieve this.

What about recreating a high detail jungle and other nam scenarios with chicken, ducks, insects, birds

rock.gif ...

As an avid OFP player, I would ask the developers to forget the idea of doing Vietnam...

The plot for "Independence Lost" seems much better. Or perhaps a US vs. North Korea based in 2005 or so... Perhaps Israel vs. Syria? Germany & France vs. US & UK? heh-heh...

There are PLENTY of scenarios that would be a lot more fun than Vietnam...

I think it would be a mistake to go back too far into the past. 1985 was ok, but 1965? No way... I for one like the new weapon systems. I'd like to see more use of artillery and UAV's...

Whatever they do though, you know I'm gonna buy it... biggrin_o.gif

Jeez, I find it strange people are against the Vietnam setting, ESPECIALLY since it ONLY won't be set there...BIS mentioned many times there will be campaigns in Africa and Europe. I for one am really looking forward to Vietnam, only as long a proper atmosphere is recreated. Vietcong was amazing since it really did look like Nam, with the music (MUST have Jimi Hendrix, Deep Purple, etc, to be good), landscape, the character's personalities, the dense jungle, also tunnels (without tunnels it's not Nam). I sure hope that there are some major physics modifications that allow for a realistic environment. Oh, and PLEASE ditch those destruction effects where the object bends and distorts like a cardboard box. smile_o.gif

Id like vietnam but the thing is that its so complex and stuff, In the first OFP there was just like 1000 men on the island for each side, but in veitnam there would be like 100000 maybe? I don't know but it would be alot.